Speculation: Possible Addition Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Was texting a buddy who's not part of the Oilers organization right now but he was told there's a very good chance he's on the move. He also said rumours floating around his own organization are that there are a couple guys who are going to be on the move within the next few days along with him.

So, I'm thinking a potential blockbuster or just a pretty big trade is in the works now with Edmonton for obvious reasons (our struggles, our assets). My buddy seems to think he'll be headed to Edmonton as well, but of course they're not going to tell him where he's headed due to not having a NTC and not even playing on the big club yet.

Pretty exciting stuff to look forward to boys. The organization he's apart of is not exactly a powerhouse, but looking at their roster they definitely have some interesting pieces. :)

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
This thread won't last unless you tell the mods about your source. But for the love of god, I hope you're right. I wish it was a management change but at this point a shake up is what this team needs.

Ranfordrocks

Feb 16, 2007
the obvious shakeup would be firing the coach and bringing in say somebody like lindy ruff or sutter

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Tambellini is still the manager. big shake up his standards is #4 D for a #4 D.
let's go with 'I'll believe it, when I see it'.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
ah yes the WOW move.

I'm sure Stauffer will come out and be like THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT 3 months ago

Also names please or this will get closed.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I think there is some merit to this "speculation". My brother's girlfriend's hairdresser overheard one of her co-worker's clients that they are shopping for a new townhouse in Buffalo because her husband is about to be traded from the Oilers. True Story.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
He's not Bob Stauffer. Bob Stauffer is in the verition of the headspace of his thought process and seems to recall that he was the one that interviewed Brian Burke after the Penner signing and the predicted that LA would win the Cup and Edmonton will finish anywhere from 18 to 22 and rebuilds usually take one year longer than expected and he has time for Edmonton product Mark Mcneill, formerly of the South Side Athletic Club and Edmonton based agent Jerry Johansson.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Tambellini's idea of a big shake up is getting the chili instead of fries with his baconator combo.

Until some bigger moves are made behind the scenes, this team will continue to spin its wheels and get nowhere.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'll open this, but with the caveat that its likely to be a minor transaction. Like duul pointed out in the OP, his buddy isn't in the NHL.

The Perfect Human*

This is stupid. You just revealed that he has an NTC. Basically if the trade goes down we're going to know which one is your "buddy".

Might as well come out with who it is and what team they play on. You have nothing to lose. If the trade indeed goes down then we know who your buddy is anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
i'd better ask - is your buddy a pro already or yet a minor?
He's playing in the OHL. Like Soli said it wouldn't be a huge trade on his own, but I have good reason to believe a few more pieces will be involved.

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
Tambellini's idea of a big shake up is getting the chili instead of fries with his baconator combo.

Until some bigger moves are made behind the scenes, this team will continue to spin its wheels and get nowhere.

That's my go to combo, right thurrrrr! Throw in a rootbeer float for the drink and now we're talking!

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
This is stupid. You just revealed that he has an NTC. Basically if the trade goes down we're going to know which one is your "buddy".

Might as well come out with who it is and what team they play on. You have nothing to lose. If the trade indeed goes down then we know who your buddy is anyway.

If it doesn't you just sound like one of those idiot rumor mongers.

If you read his post properly you'd see he states his "buddy" does not have a no trade clause...

Either way his "buddy" likely isn't real so there isn't much merit to it anyways

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Edmonton area products playing in the OHL ...

He's from Toronto and was drafted by an Eastern conference team. I played high school hockey with his big brother who is actually also a draft pick of an Eastern conference team.

Maybe I've given up a little too much now.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton

My buddy seems to think he'll be headed to Edmonton as well, but of course they're not going to tell him where he's headed due to not having a NTC and not even playing on the big club yet.

lol ,

He's from Toronto and was drafted by an Eastern conference team. I played high school hockey with his big brother who is actually also a draft pick of an Eastern conference team.

Maybe I've given up a little too much now.

Hockeydb here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad