Speculation: Possible Addition Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Pretty much cut them in half.

Worst team went from essentially getting the top pick once every 2 years to now only getting the top pick every 4 years.

I wouldn't mind balancing out the rest of the odds, but I think the system is flawed when the worst team doesn't even pick the best player 3 out of every 4 years.

If anything the odds should be even less to keep teams from tanking, or have a rule that if you pick at #1 one year you can't pick higher then 5 the next year. The way the Oilers are building this team has left a horrible taste in my mouth.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Stauffer flat out said that there's no trade help coming on his radio show today. I'm not surprised but it's comical that the organization would announce that. Oilers fans need to smarten up and stay away from Rexall... I mean... at least eat a ticket or two.

Jun 22, 2009
Stauffer flat out said that there's no trade help coming on his radio show today. I'm not surprised but it's comical that the organization would announce that. Oilers fans need to smarten up and stay away from Rexall... I mean... at least eat a ticket or two.

Bob Stauffer used to be credible..

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location

thats right people. dont take pills if youre in the hospital!

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
"Normal" skin tones.

Classy. :sarcasm:

In terms of Oilers D size, they average 6'3" and weigh 212 lbs. In contrast, the Blackhawks average 6'1" and weigh 204 lbs. Size isn't everything.

snooki-09122010-09.jpg

I suppose that this is the new normal now.:help:

Murphy would help as long as he's kept on the bottom pairing with powerplay time for the beginning of his career. But I don't want to see much given up for him.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
But when you have big bodies like Whitney and Potter but they don't use their size it doesn't really count. Can't wait until Fistric is back

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If anything the odds should be even less to keep teams from tanking, or have a rule that if you pick at #1 one year you can't pick higher then 5 the next year. The way the Oilers are building this team has left a horrible taste in my mouth.

Well, now that we have the talent then sure change the system.

How would you feel if the 3 1st overall picks were the years where we didn't win the lottery and we left the draft without the best player every year?

Not that drafting Seguin, Landeskog/Huberdeau, and Murray/Galchenyuk would have been bad, but there are some years where the differnece between 1st and 2nd is much more significant.

I don't mind the idea of not being able to pick 1st overall in back-to-back years, that could work, but I would say that team can't pick top 2 next year. Picking 1st and then 6th if you were worst both years might be a bit harsh.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I'm sorry so many people are getting offended that I thought something like this would be pretty relevant information. Think something along the lines of Justin Faulk + Trevor Carrick + ??? for whoever on the Oilers.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I'm sorry so many people are getting offended that I thought something like this would be pretty relevant information. Think something along the lines of Justin Faulk + Trevor Carrick + ??? for whoever on the Oilers.

Don't worry about it. People often jump on poster who claim inside info.

Thx for sharing, at least it something to talk about that isn't the atrocity we're seeing on the ice.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
If I'm dealing with the Hurricanes I'm just not sure where Faulk fits in unless Petry goes back the other way. I'd be interested in Jay Harrison though. 6"4 LD that can eat up alot of minutes playing with Schultz.

I wonder what the Canes are interested in.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

So your friend is Trevor Carrick? Or Justin Faulk? I really don't see Canes moving Faulk when they need D-men

sdeol44

Sep 2, 2010

dude dont even worry about it.. i and i know several other posters appreciate it.. and even if it doesn't happen i understand that you might not of been wrong but that things could of just broke down, but i would be pumped if we got Faulk.. i do not know much about carrick though. Is he a dman or forward?

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Carrick has like 3 brothers that play hockey, so I guess that matches up.

Might want to edit that post, Duul, if you don't want to give away too much info anyway.

I would be quite happy getting Faulk though.

edit: pre-draft info on Carrick for those that may be interested.

http://theprospectblog.com/2012/04/28/2012-nhl-draft-scouting-report-trevor-carrick/

The question I have is why is Carolina trading away Faulk, Carrick + unless they're being offered something they can't refuse?

They're leading their division and aren't one of the teams you hear about in the rumour mills so one has wonder where their motivation is coming from.

Did the Oilers approach the Canes?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

yeah don't stress it, it's the internet and everybody has an opinion, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad