LeBrun: Possibility of a top 4 RHD with term to Tampa?

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
war_bars_three_years.png

People here obviously still don’t understand just how good Brayden Point is. Bad season or no bad season, Dumba doesn’t come close to getting you Point.

Wild dont need wingers either. They already need to make room for Kaprizov

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Cirelli won't be on the table. If Tampa trades for a defenseman it would probably be a first rounder plus a fringe regular player/prospect.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Funny enough, the Kings can/would eat 50% for a 1st..
Martinez would be in TB for 1.5 seasons @ $2 mill per

The problem is even $2M for Martinez might be too much. Forget pinching pennies - we’re going to be squeezing them into dust in an effort to keep both Serg and Cirelli. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us move on from Coburn to save $700-800k or so and he’s only making $1.7M. So the question becomes is it worth a first for us to add Martinez for this playoff run and then (hopefully) flip him in the summer? I’m not so sure it is.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The only way any trade goes down is if 2 of these happen:

• Gourde waives his NTC and is included.
  • Johnson waives his NTC and is included.
  • Retention on the player traded to Tampa.
If neither of those happen and neither of those are appealing, then no trade will happen.

The only thing I can see happening, and it's a long shot, is Johnson waives for LA, SJ, or ANA to be close to home.

So before anymore trade offers happen, see if any of those conditions seem reasonable to work with. The last possible choice is finding a third party team that will take one of Gourde or Johnson that they would waive for. Which is even more unreasonable than the original conditions.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The only way any trade goes down is if 2 of these happen:

• Gourde waives his NTC and is included.
  • Johnson waives his NTC and is included.
  • Retention on the player traded to Tampa.
If neither of those happen and neither of those are appealing, then no trade will happen.

The only thing I can see happening, and it's a long shot, is Johnson waives for LA, SJ, or ANA to be close to home.

So before anymore trade offers happen, see if any of those conditions seem reasonable to work with. The last possible choice is finding a third party team that will take one of Gourde or Johnson that they would waive for. Which is even more unreasonable than the original conditions.

I guess its possible that we trade one of the firsts and a prospect for a player who is a rental, but we havent gone that route under this regime. I kind of consider JBB still a part of SY regime and schools of thought.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
We don't need another top D. This is not a bad top 4 next year:
Hedman-Sergachev (he prefers right side)
McD- Cirnak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad