Positivity Thread

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
We have arguably one of, if not the best top 6s in the league and are right near the top for center depth as well. We have several young defenseman that all look to be NHL caliber players, ranging from a potential 5-6 guy in Stanley to a possible #1 in Heinola. We have the best goalie in the league.

It looked like the Jets might have been losing their window to compete after last season, now it looks like that window is just beginning.

Reactions: GNP

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I’m not in here to much but I will give it a go

roster is shaping up really nice have lots of core Pieces locked up long term.

It’s a four year go for it with wheeler contract and Maurice. Which I’ve tried to turn into a positive .

stanley , Heinola , Samberg , Perfetti and vesa can all contribute on their elcs at the same time. If even two of them reaches a high potential during this time look out

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Do you sense a team starting to come together and multiple players making breakthroughs. Coop's always been good but... I sense a cap problem coming. I think Harkins is on the edge of a breakout. I've always liked Appleton. 5 of the top 20 scoring leaders in the NHL not including PLD.

There's a real sense of team when not mired with negative issues in and around the team. I'm thrilled with the trade. Yes I loved to watch Liane but PLD gives us a raising Centre and a serious playoff performer.

Connor is looking incredible. Ehlers the same.

When the playoff's come around and we are clicking on all cylinders we will be very tough to beat.

AAAHHH positive discussion!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Our loose defense + explosive offense provide for exciting high event hockey. Every game can become a shootout, and with our scoring talent we should win many more than we lose. We may not win a cup this way, but it wont be short on entertainment.

Fun, fun, fun team to watch.

Reactions: Jets 31

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
When Pittsburgh was winning their cups they did it with Crosby Malkin down the middle, Flurry in his prime and Letang basically the only thing good on the back end. I think we might now have that same center ice duo needed, the Veizna caliber goalie and the couple solid but not special D needed to win the cup especially in what I feel is the softest division in hockey.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
4 Jets in the top 10 scoring, fine we will win the Cup like the old Oilers. Just have Fuhr , oops Helly make the big save when we need it and win games 6-4 all year.:nod:

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
20210127_162655.jpg

For those who have played 4+ games. Ehlers should be listed above Stone due to higher goals (also has higher 5v5 points).

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Well, at least KFC got 2 goals today, and the PP actually had some movement at times. And, um, what else to say... hmm, PLD coming soon????

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Grabbed a point from the jaws of defeat. Ugly can be good IF you can still get a point.

I really liked how Helle settled in after the bad bounce. Two more games and we will see how PLD fits in the lineup. I am pretty confident we won’t be eliminated from the playoffs by then.

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Kyle Connor has 4 PP goals in 9 games. His current scoring pace would shatter Laine's Jets 2.0 record. And he looks good out there. I like our new PP set up. Shooters on both flanks helps a lot.

I really like to new PP as well. Wheeler is still running it but his passes need to be short and crisp now with more options. He used to have one long saucer pass to laine as an option for the most part.

Reactions: voyageur

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Pionk turning into a shutdown D? Who saw that coming?

I actually very much like that 2nd pairing........don't get me wrong neither guy is top pairing guys but as far as 2nd parings go in the NHL I don't mind it in the least.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Our team has taken a step up from last season.

We have legit options in our pipeline on the back end. By the end of this season and heading into the playoffs our D core may be deep even if we are missing high end talent.

Between Copp, Stats, and soon to be PLD our 1st and 2nd line have added defense, possession, speed, and not compromised skill. Much more balanced team with 7 legit top 6 assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad