Positivity Thread

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Our team has taken a step up from last season.

We have legit options in our pipeline on the back end. By the end of this season and heading into the playoffs our D core may be deep even if we are missing high end talent.

Between Copp, Stats, and soon to be PLD our 1st and 2nd line have added defense, possession, speed, and not compromised skill. Much more balanced team with 7 legit top 6 assets.

Even this pessimist ( realist lol ) is actually starting to see a direction and getting excited.

this team with heinola, samburg, Stanley, vesa, Gus, perfetti all on elcs right up to the end of wheelers contract is going to be deadly

To me I see a plan. Which is something I haven’t been able to see consistent

Go jets go

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Our team has taken a step up from last season.

We have legit options in our pipeline on the back end. By the end of this season and heading into the playoffs our D core may be deep even if we are missing high end talent.

Between Copp, Stats, and soon to be PLD our 1st and 2nd line have added defense, possession, speed, and not compromised skill. Much more balanced team with 7 legit top 6 assets.
The fact our offence and goalie was able to drag that sorry sack group of defensemen from last year into the playoffs is great news. With our defence much better this year and full of legit options in the pipeline, we’ll be back to the 17-18 level again soon.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Even this pessimist ( realist lol ) is actually starting to see a direction and getting excited.

this team with heinola, samburg, Stanley, vesa, Gus, perfetti all on elcs right up to the end of wheelers contract is going to be deadly

To me I see a plan. Which is something I haven’t been able to see consistent

Go jets go
It's a 3 year window (at least) as long as PLD is under control. Very exciting.

The sky's the limit IMO.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
North Division, ranked by % of points.

1) Leafs 82.1%

2) Jets 65.4%

3) Habs 64.3%

4) Oilers 56.3%

5) Flames 54.2%

6) Nucks 37.5%

7) Sens 16.7%

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Positivity thought. Boy do I like Pionk. Compared to Trouba so far this season, ice time basically the same, 10 points vs 2 points, +/- +4 vs 0, $3,000,000 vs. $8,000,000. Smooth skating and smart with the puck, and always gets a lot of nice tippable shots through to the net. That goal last night was so nice, great to see.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Positivity thought. Boy do I like Pionk. Compared to Trouba so far this season, ice time basically the same, 10 points vs 2 points, +/- +4 vs 0, $3,000,000 vs. $8,000,000. Smooth skating and smart with the puck, and always gets a lot of nice tippable shots through to the net. That goal last night was so nice, great to see.

I didn’t like much about Trouba. He somehow made morrisey a better player though

Reactions: voyageur

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I would also add that Pionk seems like an intelligent individual...

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm optimistic, but cautiously so. We've made some decent hay vs teams below us in the standings but have lots of games vs Toronto and Montreal coming up.

Defense and special teams worry me

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm optimistic, but cautiously so. We've made some decent hay vs teams below us in the standings but have lots of games vs Toronto and Montreal coming up.

Defense and special teams worry me

Agreed, but the key is winning the games we should win and winning hopefully at least 50% of the rest. Leafs are the best team in the north by a wide margin, then it's Habs/Jets/Oilers. Habs are going to be a good test and hard series.

Reactions: Buffdog

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I am enjoying the season. Canadian division rules! Another team in the east would balance everything. Or add two in the east and a team of hillbillies in banjoland would be the greatest thing ever!

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I am enjoying the season. Canadian division rules! Another team in the east would balance everything. Or add two in the east and a team of hillbillies in banjoland would be the greatest thing ever!

I like Transcona as much as the next person so that's a bit crass, but I'm not sure that they could support their own team. The pink jerseys, and 'Mingo nickname would be all-time, mind you.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad