Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Last few posts from the last thread.

Digitalbooya said:
Having a $1.333m dead cap hit till 2024 would be a buzzkill, though not the end of the world.

Bazeek said:
Is that what his buyout number is? Admittedly that's not as bad as I'd thought, but still probably not a road I'd want to go down.

2Pair said:
Parise trade can't even be considered until they know what's going to happen with recapture.

Digitalbooya said:
Yeah, it’s $1.333m till 2025 if he’s bought out this offseason, 2024 if it’s next offseason, and 2023 if it’s the offseason after next.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Regarding Parise, cap recapture is what's always made it seem impossible to me, but Fenton was part of the management group that traded Weber. I think it'd be incredibly reckless to do it, but if they had reason to think the recapture penalties would go away in the next CBA...

Still, I realize that it won't happen.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Regarding Parise, cap recapture is what's always made it seem impossible to me, but Fenton was part of the management group that traded Weber. I think it'd be incredibly reckless to do it, but if they had reason to think the recapture penalties would go away in the next CBA...

Still, I realize that it won't happen.
I guess if someone wants to trade us a younger, better version of Parise, then it's worth considering the risk.

Dumping Parise just to clear cap space, while knowing there's a chance that it destroys your cap, doesn't seem to be worth the risk:dunno:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I guess if someone wants to trade us a younger, better version of Parise, then it's worth considering the risk.

Dumping Parise just to clear cap space, while knowing there's a chance that it destroys your cap, doesn't seem to be worth the risk:dunno:
That's fair. We're probably far past the point where any GM is going to make that mistake.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That's fair. We're probably far past the point where any GM is going to make that mistake.
I also don't think that we're close to the point where dumping Parise improves the team.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I also don't think that we're close to the point where dumping Parise improves the team.
We're not, and if we're lucky the cap keeps going up enough that $7.5m won't be hard to swallow even as his role diminishes. The idea of trading him stems from the idea of taking on another difficult (or awful, in the case of Lucic) contract to add a high-end pick/prospect. Unless the contract is only for another year or two it just seems like too many handcuffs to deal with.

That's without digging into details though. Maybe if you look at timing the buyout right it ends up making more sense (in general, not the Spurgeon + Rask for Lucic + 8 thing).

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What about a deal around Dvorak and one of our left wingers? I feel like Dvorak would be a huge addition and he had an injury this season so he might be easier to acquire.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What about a deal around Dvorak and one of our left wingers? I feel like Dvorak would be a huge addition and he had an injury this season so he might be easier to acquire.

Depends on the LW. I'd like to keep Greenway, Parise isn't going anywhere, Donato is interesting, and Fiala isn't going to be moved by GMPF.

If it's around Zucker or Foligno (who I do think the team needs, but isn't untouchable), then I'd be interested to get into greater detail.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Depends on the LW. I'd like to keep Greenway, Parise isn't going anywhere, Donato is interesting, and Fiala isn't going to be moved by GMPF.

If it's around Zucker or Foligno (who I do think the team needs, but isn't untouchable), then I'd be interested to get into greater detail.
What do the Wild need Foligno for?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Agree with the boys above. Depends on the deal.

Dvorak and a 2nd for Zucker? Sure.
Dvorak for Foligno and a 2nd? Sure.
Dvorak for Donato? Maybe?
Dvorak for Fiala or Greenway? No thank you.

Reactions: Mancini79

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve been thinking of a couple options for potential trade targets and a few names come to my mind as players that would be a perfect addition given our needs and the direction we’re going. That being said, you have to give to get. Some of the Players I’ve been researching lately are Travis Konecny, Colin White, Martin Necas, and Morgan Frost. The latter 2 I don’t if it would be worth it for their respective teams to part with them this early which would make their prices inflated. What do wild fans think about a deal like this:

Jared Spurgeon + 2nd

For

11th overall (Philadelphia) + Konecny

I would love to make a play for White, but I don’t see Brodin as worth enough, and Spurgeon is worth too much.

Reactions: Mancini79

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ve been thinking of a couple options for potential trade targets and a few names come to my mind as players that would be a perfect addition given our needs and the direction we’re going. That being said, you have to give to get. Some of the Players I’ve been researching lately are Travis Konecny, Colin White, Martin Necas, and Morgan Frost. The latter 2 I don’t if it would be worth it for their respective teams to part with them this early which would make their prices inflated. What do wild fans think about a deal like this:

Jared Spurgeon + 2nd

For

11th overall (Philadelphia) + Konecny

I would love to make a play for White, but I don’t see Brodin as worth enough, and Spurgeon is worth too much.
That’s an easy yes. I don’t see why Philly would part with that high of a pick and a guy who just put up 49 points as a 22 year old for a defenseman who has 1 year left on his contract and a middle 2nd.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Agree with the boys above. Depends on the deal.

Dvorak and a 2nd for Zucker? Sure.
Dvorak for Foligno and a 2nd? Sure.
Dvorak for Donato? Maybe?
Dvorak for Fiala or Greenway? No thank you.
What if Arizona came back with just Dvorak for Zucker? I don’t think I’d turn it down. I’m high on Dvorak though. Maybe give them Eriksson Ek for a pick too so they still have a center.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We're not, and if we're lucky the cap keeps going up enough that $7.5m won't be hard to swallow even as his role diminishes. The idea of trading him stems from the idea of taking on another difficult (or awful, in the case of Lucic) contract to add a high-end pick/prospect. Unless the contract is only for another year or two it just seems like too many handcuffs to deal with.

That's without digging into details though. Maybe if you look at timing the buyout right it ends up making more sense (in general, not the Spurgeon + Rask for Lucic + 8 thing).

I don’t think the cap is ever going to go up enough where 7.5M for a diminished Parise doesn’t hurt. Even in 2022 if he’s a third liner scoring 40 points, having a 7.5M 40 point guy is taking money away from a potential 7.5M 75 point guy.

Nothing to do about it at this point unless we get more compliance buyouts or contract restructuring comes or something, but its always going to prevent us from giving that money to someone else.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What if Arizona came back with just Dvorak for Zucker? I don’t think I’d turn it down. I’m high on Dvorak though. Maybe give them Eriksson Ek for a pick too so they still have a center.

I’d take a chance on Dvorak for Zucker, but it seems Arizona fans are far more interested in getting rid of Fischer and they seem wholly uninterested in moving Dvorak.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That’s an easy yes. I don’t see why Philly would part with that high of a pick and a guy who just put up 49 points as a 22 year old for a defenseman who has 1 year left on his contract and a middle 2nd.

In one word: Fletcher. Doubt it would happen, but Fletcher is the one making the calls. If he likes Spurgeon and knows he can get him re-signed? Not impossible.

Still highly doubt it’s going to happen, those are the kinds of trades you just don’t make if you’re in Fletchers position.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’d take a chance on Dvorak for Zucker, but it seems Arizona fans are far more interested in getting rid of Fischer and they seem wholly uninterested in moving Dvorak.
For a good reason too. He's locked up long term at a reasonable rate. He's young. Really good at faceoffs (50%+ last two years). He's already got two seasons of 35+ points. Fischer, he's got one 30+ point season and a less than spectacular year this past season. I'd take a flyer on him though if the price was right. Young, big, and right handed. Seems like a dream if he can put it together. Have you heard how his skating is?
In one word: Fletcher. Doubt it would happen, but Fletcher is the one making the calls. If he likes Spurgeon and knows he can get him re-signed? Not impossible.

Still highly doubt it’s going to happen, those are the kinds of trades you just don’t make if you’re in Fletchers position.
I just think to myself, if I was in Fletcher's position would I make that trade? The answer would be a quick hell no. Konecny looks awesome and is cost controlled. He's got two seasons now of almost 50 points. #11 should be a darn good player too. Hard to justify trading them for an almost 30 year old, even one that should age well.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
don't forget certain gms have a win now at all costs mentality.

Assuming you're talking about Fletcher, but I don't think Konecny+11 for Spurgeon makes a whole lot of sense for them.

One thing I could see being of potential interest to the Flyers is Spurgeon for Patrick, more or less straight up, if Duchene is interested in the Flyers. Although I don't think the Flyers have the cap space for Duchene and Spurgeon. And again, it's so hard to get prime assets like Patrick for a 29 year old with one year left.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sure hope that Spurgeon isn't traded for a middle sixer. Our top 4 are one of the best, if not the best, in the NHL, and are propping up our otherwise anemic team. We don't have any obvious top 4 D prospect talent to replace Spurge. Until we do, I don't think that we trade any of our top 4 unless it's for a first liner, or at least potential first liner. Konecny +11th would be a fine return, as I think the 11th could get us a very good player, but no way do the Flyers do it.
I think that Fenton/Leipold are still wanting to compete right away for the Cup, and aren't fully embracing the rebuild that our aging top line talent suggests. I wish I had more confidence in Fenton.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I do think we need to temper our expectations a little when it comes to trading Spurgeon. He's a great player at a key position, but he's 29 and has one year on his contract. The reality is that those trades almost always feel underwhelming for the team selling.

Fletcher has indicated a desire to add a defenseman in the offseason and Spurgeon would be an obvious target. Going by Fletcher's history, the state of the Flyers and their prospect pool I do think #11 would at least be on the table, but I think any adds would be more meager than what's been batted around in here.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
spur has learned from one of the best (suter) and now hes one of the best! i see no reason to trade him unless he wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad