Speculation: [POOL'S CLOSED] Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I wonder if Fenton is going to go try to run Koivu out of town next season. Even if the team is winning. I get the sense that he may ask Koivu to waive to go to a contender just to change the team makeup and get the cap space.
Why would he need capspace at the deadline?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Koivu’s contract being done next year is the exact reason why we should go hard after Duchene this offseason. We’ve got plenty of cap space and nobody on the current team is looking for a big contract. If Koivu wants to come back and be 3C after next season at a cheap cap hit, I’d welcome him back.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
What GMs don't spend hours in the middle of the night on capfriendly like us? Bums

I wonder how a collective board of us (HFWild) would perform as GM. We'd probably never be able to come to a consensus, so I don't know if we'd ever be able to get anything done. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don’t think I’d hate Marner for 8 years at 12.5. It’s expensive, but he’s a top forward in the league going forward. Shades of Patrick Kane.
Only Toronto can offer 8 years, everyone else can only offer a max of 7.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Interesting.

I'm curious, what are you left with after reading a sentence like that then ?
First of all, when I read an interview and there's a sentence and/or statement without quotations, I know that that is not something that was ever actually said by the interviewee.

2nd, you're assuming that that statement pertains to a basic level of understanding of the salary cap. I'm not quite sure why you would do that? Teams are trying to project their rosters and cap situations for years in advance. Expecting Fenton to know other teams plans for the future only really shows how little that you actually understand the salary cap.

Simple example-
1. Can the Wild fit Milan Lucic under their cap at this time?
2. Does adding Lucic to the Wild roster fit into Fenton's plan for the salary cap?
3. Does it make Ken Holland an idiot for calling and offering a Lucic trade to Minnesota?

Reactions: Wild11MN and Bazeek

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Koivu’s contract being done next year is the exact reason why we should go hard after Duchene this offseason. We’ve got plenty of cap space and nobody on the current team is looking for a big contract. If Koivu wants to come back and be 3C after next season at a cheap cap hit, I’d welcome him back.
I think we plan on going hard after Duchene, I just don’t want to pay him 11 million per until he’s 37

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think we plan on going hard after Duchene, I just don’t want to pay him 11 million per until he’s 37
Well, what do you mean by " hard" then?
Put me down as someone who thinks that it would be idiocy to get Duchene at the number that is likely to get him to sign.

Reactions: Engebretson

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well, what do you mean by " hard" then?
Put me down as someone who thinks that it would be idiocy to get Duchene at the number that is likely to get him to sign.
I mean that I think Fenton will throw as much money at him as he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->