Pool: Time and Date when we know the great truth that is Craig Berube getting fired

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You would hope so......I'm still irked by Holmgren when I was calling for Lavi's ouster during the offseason since coaches like Vigneault, Torts, and Ruff were available..I think I even argued for Maurice if I recall correctly but can't remember if he was available at the time or it was earlier. Either way it was clear to me Lavi wasn't going to make it out of the season and sure enough. I really wanted Vigneault and now the stupid Rangers are reaping the benefits of legit coaching while we spin the wheel again because Holmgren hired block head Berube...

Holmgren was just one big disaster in his last few years . Hextall needs to take advantage of this opportunity now and I think he will....

I think AV would've done pretty well with this roster.

It's going to be super annoying watching Ghost never play because he doesn't have enough size. Berube must be fired.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
a lot of the guys on tsn radio are just laughing thinking some of these coaches are going to turn down these franchises. A great example was Mike yeo . They went from a team with some of the worst goaltending to the best and all of a sudden mike yeo is a good coach?

I agree. If the flyers had more talent, better players then craig berube would be a better coach in the eyes of some. Some of berube's bad coaching errors this year was trying to put the team in the best position to win. Things like starting vinny in the ozone rather than the dzone. Playing the center high. This defensive stlyle of hockey was boring but it was a neccessity with our blue line.
This is spot on!Bowman only won cups with stacked teams just like every other coach who has won. GM Hexy has a big job to do with this roster to get it to win.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Berube is staying so we should all get used of it.
Because of the long term contracts and the cap being what it is, major player changes are going to be difficult to make. So here's the pitch for season ticket holders for next year: "If you liked 14-15, you're gonna love 15-16. More of the same!" Sorry, but keeping Chief isn't going to work. He may well be reassigned within the organization but he has to go from behind the bench.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas

SgtJoseph*

No I don't but players have a lot to do with the problem at hand if not as much as Berube.

I agree with you, but good luck trying to put some blame on other things instead of Berube on here lol ......Berube would have done MUCH better with a few more players .....What cracks me up is look at the Kings, they win a few cups then do not even make the playoffs after just winning the cup ? What kept them out this year ? HORRID shootout record, OT losses . Should their coach be fired ? Of course not . Yes Berube has not won the cups that the Kings coach has won, but he certainly has not coached nearly as long, this was his first full year ....In my view our club will fare much better next year if we can get a little more secondary scoring, perhaps a solid left winger for starters etc......We were close in a ton of games this year.
If Babcock were available would it be a good move ? Of course it would, best coach in the NHL in my view.......But if coach Berube stays as coach, i am not going to be all negative about it at all, no REAL reason to in my view .

Last edited by a moderator:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Okay, Ron. Here's how you handle it.

Tomorrow: "Vinny, I can see where you are coming from and I know you believe you still have to offer an NHL franchise, but I cannot put any one individual – no matter who – before the whole team. I'll have to side with Berube on this one."

VL: "Okay, then I'm retiring."

RH: "If that's your decision, I'll regretfully accept."

[DOES PAPERWORK WITH NHL OFFICE.]

Wednesday: "Craig, you're fired."

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

well at least i'll have a early answer if im gunna need to renew my hockeystreams service and buy Flyers V. Canucks tix for next season..

Berube still here = no interest in watching Flyers next season...

ps i give HUGE credit to Vinny for saying whats on his mind and not towing the co. line and just saying garbage to the media and not telling it like it is..

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Okay, Ron. Here's how you handle it.

Tomorrow: "Vinny, I can see where you are coming from and I know you believe you still have to offer an NHL franchise, but I cannot put any one individual – no matter who – before the whole team. I'll have to side with Berube on this one."

VL: "Okay, then I'm retiring."

RH: "If that's your decision, I'll regretfully accept."

[DOES PAPERWORK WITH NHL OFFICE.]

Wednesday: "Craig, you're fired."

Perfect let's pray to McJesus that this happens

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I'm not so sure that its a good idea for the GM to have exit interviews with players and have the HC sitting in on them. It could be that Hextall wants the players to "man up" and say what they feel to the face of the coach. That seems to be counter productive. If the player lets loose on the coach or vice versa, a schism is created that may never get repaired and could spread to other players in the future. If the player holds back, what good does that do?
For Berube and Vinny to have a blow out is no surprise. That's been going on for the better part of two seasons. Then there's the stuff coming out from Berube about Couturier. That's not good and shouldn't get into the public's eye. Clearly there are some significant players who are not happy with the HC.

domestique

Feb 5, 2011
CONUS
Everyday for the last 6 months I've logged on here to see if Berube was fired.......

I guess it's another night of drinking.

domestique

Feb 5, 2011
CONUS
I'm not so sure that its a good idea for the GM to have exit interviews with players and have the HC sitting in on them. It could be that Hextall wants the players to "man up" and say what they feel to the face of the coach. That seems to be counter productive. If the player lets loose on the coach or vice versa, a schism is created that may never get repaired and could spread to other players in the future. If the player holds back, what good does that do?
For Berube and Vinny to have a blow out is no surprise. That's been going on for the better part of two seasons. Then there's the stuff coming out from Berube about Couturier. That's not good and shouldn't get into the public's eye. Clearly there are some significant players who are not happy with the HC.

Where is the story about Couturier? I must have missed that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If just one writer does their job correctly, we'll know tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad