Pool: Time and Date when we know the great truth that is Craig Berube getting fired

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With no playoffs, I say let's amuse ourselves and try to predict the date and time when the world is made aware that Craig Berube is fired. If you get it within the hour, you win the Internet. Of course you can officially go on record and claim that he will not be fired, but prepare to be hung by your toes in the town square for perpetuating untruths.

Pick: April 14 at 4:30pm. They won't embarrass him by firing him immediately, but Hextall will want to go through exit interviews and such first, I feel.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Teams don't do much in terms of hirings, firings, signings, trades, etc. on Sundays. So I'll go with Monday 4/13 around 2 pm. Theyll do his exit interview, prepare a press statement, and release it in the afternoon. Local media won't care, and national will already be onto the playoffs.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Why do they have to announce hes fired? They just won't renew his contract and hire someone else.

That said I believe they will hire a new coach June 20th and it'll come out between 1 and 2 PM

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
So we can assume that he has another year on his contract? I don't like that.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Berube has a year left on the deal he got as an assistant. He would have to be fired.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah I literally don't remember people saying he has another year until now. I also remember it being just this one year. Maybe I'm wrong.

MSE we need you.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I've read the contract is up after next season.

I'm guessing he gets fired the first week in November.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
If there are a good group of guys available, such as Babcock, Tippett, Carlyle, Julien and McLean, Hexy has to see any of these guys are a serious upgrade from Berube.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When it's referred to in the media, it's about a potential firing. I'm sure they would be more clear if his contract was simply going to expire.

Right? Now I'm confused.

Last edited:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
im going to go with less then 10 mins after the game ends tomorow...

Hextall will have Berubes desk prepacked...

Hopefully Hextall is waiting in the hallway and as Berube leaves then bench after his last game, he whispers it into his ear.

canada14

Feb 13, 2015
I find it strange that it's so hard to find NHL coaches contract length, think it would be more public knowledge. Since I haven't heard anything about his contract expiring, I would have to guess that he has one more year. Exit interviews will occur Sunday-Wednesday, my guess is he gets the axe Thursday April 16th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad