POLL: Would you give up on the Habs if Bergevin traded Suzuki(+) for PLD?

Would you give up on the Habs if Suzuki (+) get traded for PLD?

• Absolutely. I'm done with the Habs

• I would definitely lose some interest, but I'm a Habs fan at heart

• No, but I would be damn discouraged AF

• No, I want PLD! Screw Suzuki!

• No, but I want Bergevin's ass FIRED ASAP!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
How about we keep the Suz, trade Drouin + other trash players for Dubs and... wait for it..... FIRE MARC Too!
OMG win-win- MOTHER FREAKING WIN :towel::towel:

7da4f8cf2776ee99b29f8c48de81e271.gif

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
You can build any kind of narrative you want, it's the same GM with the same failures.

You know what changed in the last few years? He had to let go of his friend Dudley and was forced to promote internally.

This team is not out of the woods yet either, no matter how skewed our perception will be of battling the same teams over and over in a weaker division.

By the time our youth will be fully ready, old man Weber will be a shadow of his former self and both Price and Petry will be at the same point Weber is right now, at the cusp of retirement.

As we speak, our defense is not adequate to challenge for a championship, what will it be once Weber, Price and Petry will all be in their twilight years? And don't give me the Primeaus and Norlinders. We're far from being set for the future on defense.

We'll be right back between 15th and 25th in the league.

Pieterangelo, Dunn, Parayko, Edmundson, BouwMeester, and Bortuzzo. That core won the cup 2 years ago. Building solid defensive cores isn't hard if you have a good foundation and I believe the Habs will with what they have. For over a year I thought Romanov would be a first pairing D in the NHL. I still do. You act as though you need a top 5 goalie to win in the NHL. Primeau has the talent to come in the NHL in 3 years and do fine. Price can stay elite into his late 30s if he's given time off. Tim Thomas stayed elite until he was 38. I think Carey can do the same or similar.

You're talking like the Habs are absolutely DONE once Weber and Price retire. For once the Habs are actually set up properly to build going forward. With two young centreman. On top of that we have an elite defenseman. All 21 and under. You're living in fantasy land. I'm not even talking about MB right now. Even if he was fired tomorrow, this team is set up to remain competitive for a long time. You obviously need to add pieces to fill in some holes but that's obvious. (MOD) You see black they see white. Very 2 dimensional thinking

Last edited by a moderator:

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
There are only categories in this poll for people with strong opinions for or against the trade, so I'm not going to vote. There should be a category for "No I'm a Habs fan no matter what, and this could turn out to be a good or a bad trade"

Jul 6, 2016
According to a rumour from a journalist in Columbus - and you can take it with a grain of salt - MB would had offered KK + Mete.... + ??? Habs would still be about 3 M $ over the cap.... Byron ? Tatar ? Armia ?.....

The center line would be awesome of course with Suzuki, Dubois and Danault.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Get it done KK ++ and shed some salary with a different trade perhaps Byron or Tatar . PLD got friggen jam this isn’t your cake eater finesse French man

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
I'm not too sure i understand the hate for Drouin ?

Last year before his injury he seemed legit and much better than ever. Same for the first game this year. I'm personally happy with what i am seeing. Maybe people just don't really watch the games and blindly hate i guess

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Won't ever give up on the Habs, even though I'd be angry as f***, would love to have Dubois on the team, just not for Suzuki, he's absolutely untouchable.

And if that's the cost, well he just won't be a Hab.
Absolutely!!!!

I believe Suzuki potential is equal to or better than Dubois......let alone Suzuki +.....\not a ducking chance

Reactions: Runner77

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'm not too sure i understand the hate for Drouin ?

Last year before his injury he seemed legit and much better than ever. Same for the first game this year. I'm personally happy with what i am seeing. Maybe people just don't really watch the games and blindly hate i guess
Last year before his injury he did good and then the 20 games after he was back , did absolutely f*** all.
The hate on Drouin is justified , Yeah he got 3 points game 1 , he could also get 4 points in the next 6 games and have 150 turnovers and lose the puck and do mindless plays like he did every years since hes been a habs

Reactions: TouzY

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
You can build any kind of narrative you want, it's the same GM with the same failures.

You know what changed in the last few years? He had to let go of his friend Dudley and was forced to promote internally.

This team is not out of the woods yet either, no matter how skewed our perception will be of battling the same teams over and over in a weaker division.

By the time our youth will be fully ready, old man Weber will be a shadow of his former self and both Price and Petry will be at the same point Weber is right now, at the cusp of retirement.

As we speak, our defense is not adequate to challenge for a championship, what will it be once Weber, Price and Petry will all be in their twilight years? And don't give me the Primeaus and Norlinders. We're far from being set for the future on defense.

We'll be right back between 15th and 25th in the league.

Sigh: Some people just can't help themselves, have to be negative all of the time.

Reactions: Belial and jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
According to a rumour from a journalist in Columbus - and you can take it with a grain of salt - MB would had offered KK + Mete.... + ??? Habs would still be about 3 M $ over the cap.... Byron ? Tatar ? Armia ?.....

The center line would be awesome of course with Suzuki, Dubois and Danault.

That rumor was debunked. The Columbus reporter admitted that it wasn't "anything concrete" and that he got it second hand. Please see Friedman PLD thread.

Reactions: jaffy27

Locks

May 28, 2005
Guys, there's no way in hell Bergy would be dumb enough to involve Suzuki in any trade ATM. You go and get PLD to BUILD around Suzuki, if not then there's no point, you're just treading water. KK is gonna be the main piece if a trade happens.

Exactly. People who bring up Suzuki in the PLD trade just need to listen to/read MB's interviews when he talks about Suzuki. This thread is as hypothetical as it gets.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Suzuki is a no go....same with Romanov

KK+Caulfield +Lehkonen + Norlinder

that’s my final offer

That's way too much and not happening. I can live with losing CC - and I will hate it - but Norlinder is an electrifying offensive dman that's we desperately need. He is close to untouchable.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Way too much
Of course it is, he’s the big 6’3 220lb center from Quebec that can pot you 30+ goals

I’m doing that trade all day long....our position of strength is LD and RW, so that’s what you give up.....in my trade proposal I should’ve added a pick from Columbus coming the other way, like a second.

At LD we still have Guhle, Struble and Harris, plus Romanov....losing Norlinder is an absorbable concept.

Losing Caulfield would hurt but we have many many RW’s signed to long term contracts, losing him is not creating a glaring hole.

Lehkonen is to make the money work

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Dubois-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Armia

that’s a pretty sick top 9, especially the top 6.....don’t want to lose KK but you gotta give to acquire Dubois type players

Reactions: Runner77

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I fear this will be the case. Bergevin was VERY high on Dubois, and Dubois' only been better than expected since the draft... The fact Dubois wants to be a Hab, and he is a 1C by all accounts... Bergevin will most likely be the one to bite and trade "high" for PLD. I just hope that does not mean Suzuki high because OMFG that would be brutal.

But yeah, I fully expect PLD to be a Hab in the next couple of days/weeks... The question is: at what price?

Unless the quarantine rules change, the trade will be not possible to make during the season

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Of course it is, he’s the big 6’3 220lb center from Quebec that can pot you 30+ goals

I’m doing that trade all day long....our position of strength is LD and RW, so that’s what you give up.....in my trade proposal I should’ve added a pick from Columbus coming the other way, like a second.

At LD we still have Guhle, Struble and Harris, plus Romanov....losing Norlinder is an absorbable concept.

Losing Caulfield would hurt but we have many many RW’s signed to long term contracts, losing him is not creating a glaring hole.

Lehkonen is to make the money work

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Dubois-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Armia

that’s a pretty sick top 9, especially the top 6.....don’t want to lose KK but you gotta give to acquire Dubois type players

Did we stumble upon a bunch of LD while I wasn’t looking? In what way is LD a position of strength? Outside of Romanov, who looks like he’ll be very good immediately, the rest are a bunch of mystery boxes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad