POLL: Would you give up on the Habs if Bergevin traded Suzuki(+) for PLD?

Would you give up on the Habs if Suzuki (+) get traded for PLD?

• Absolutely. I'm done with the Habs

• I would definitely lose some interest, but I'm a Habs fan at heart

• No, but I would be damn discouraged AF

• No, I want PLD! Screw Suzuki!

• No, but I want Bergevin's ass FIRED ASAP!

Results are only viewable after voting.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm genuinely curious to know everyone's opinion on this. So far, I've heard from 5 different buddies of mine (and also read a couple on here) that they would give up following the Habs.

I think I would lose a lot of interest in the team. Suzuki is just too good, and to me, is the most untouchable player we have. We haven't had a player like him in forever, and he's cost-controlled!!

What about you?

Please no flaming! Be peaceful. (And hopefully the Habs organization fall on this thread and realize how much they'll f*** up if they trade Suzuki)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm genuinely curious to know everyone's opinion on this. So far, I've heard from 5 different buddies of mine (and also read a couple on here) that they would give up following the Habs.

I think I would lose a lot of interest in the team. Suzuki is just too good, and to me, is the most untouchable player we have. We haven't had a player like him in forever, and he's cost-controlled!!

What about you?

Please no flaming! Be peaceful. (And hopefully the Habs organization fall on this thread and realize how much they'll f*** up if they trade Suzuki)

I don't see MB giving up Suzuki for Dubois.

I wouldn't worry about it until the unlikely event it actually happens.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Oh darn I voted too fast

I'm not super good at evaluating players or potentials but I think Suzuki makes those around him better and is a better piece to build around for that reason. Obviously Dubois would be a great addition, and I would give pretty much Kotkaniemi + any other forward not named Suzuki for him.

But yeah I'd be very disappointed in to see Suzuki shipped for what I believe would be only a small improvement to the team at best and a big mistake at worst

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Habs could trade Suzuki for a 7th rounder and I would still be a Habs fan(although I won't follow them until the regime changes). I think Suzuki is more skilled than Dubois, but Dubois has some traits over Suzuki too. I think both end up being similar players(in terms of impact) in the future, but Suzuki I find is still more talented and I prefer talent. Not to mention that Suzuki is younger, is on his ELC, and they have to trade Dubois when we don't have to trade Suzuki.

There are very few centers in the league I would trade Suzuki for.

Jul 6, 2016
Suzuki is in Montreal to stay. Stay a very long time.

Anyway, Habs don't have the cap space to acquire Dubois anyway. Columbus don't need Tatar or Byron who would need to go to make that space.

Jul 6, 2016
The Habs could trade Suzuki for a 7th rounder and I would still be a Habs fan(although I won't follow them until the regime changes). I think Suzuki is more skilled than Dubois, but Dubois has some traits over Suzuki too. I think both end up being similar players(in terms of impact) in the future, but Suzuki I find is still more talented and I prefer talent. Not to mention that Suzuki is younger, is on his ELC, and they have to trade Dubois when we don't have to trade Suzuki.

There are very few centers in the league I would trade Suzuki for.

For Aho or Point ?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I wouldn't be happy, but our team should still remain interesting. We aren't moving Suzuki though.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I wouldn’t walk away from the team. I think I can speak for any fan who has continued to stick around the past two decades if we were going to walk, it would’ve been a long time ago. That said, some heads would likely need to be bashed.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
If I could survive the Subban trade I can survive anything. I just became more disgruntled / cynical.
People are still mad about that?
Back then the trade was a wash, at worst.
Today, Weber is still a legit 1st pairing D and Subban is a cap dump.

As for Suzuki for Dubois - as much as I like Dubois, I wouldn't do it. Suzuki's ceiling is too high. I don't think I'd pony up Kotkaniemi in a deal for him either. I love the direction the team is going in and I think patience with this young core will provide a bigger reward.

Reactions: Tyson

Jul 6, 2016
Those guys are already superstars and are barely older than Suzuki so yes.

McDavid, Mackinnon, Barkov, Matthews, Eichel, Pettersson, Aho, Point and Barzal.

Sorry. Suzuki is not and won't be as good as all those except maybe Aho or Point.

Jul 6, 2016
If Dubois had not asked to be traded, no one would talk about it, and Bergevin would not made any effort to acquire him.
Hopefully, Dubois will be traded elsewhere.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Suzuki + for PLD? No way! Heck, it should be PLD + for Suzuki. You don't trade guys with the hockey IQ of Suzuki that actually also have the skills to make it work. I would definitely move KK for PLD though.

A 1-2 punch of Suzuki/Dubois is how you win cups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad