Poll: Vote for your top 3 guys you feel can be moved for value at the next Trade deadline

3 guys you feel are not part of the 3+ year core while we rebuild and can be traded at the deadline?

• Total voters

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-11-26_21-23-18.png

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I embrace the tank, but we can't realistically unload all of our best guys, we don't want a losing culture like Buffalo, Edmonton or Arizona. It is damn hard to get out of. I would've traded Petry years ago but even tho he currently sucks we don't really have anyone to replace him.

As for Byron, he now has much more value to us than in any trade.

So I went with Chiarot, Armia and Allen.

Chiarot could actually fetch us a nice return. As for Armia, I love him but he's easily replaceable.

Armia - the only guy on team who played 22 games and is a + player. The team is -32 and you want to get rid of a 3.4M defensive 2-3rd winger who is a + player and is actually pretty good at what he does and occasionally show pretty good offensive awareness?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Keep anyone 25 and under. Try to trade everyone else for fair compensation and do a true rebuild.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The problem with the above list is I can’t see Bergevin trading a majority of them, maybe a new GM does. 10 of those 14 players got recently signed to new deals, 1 of those players the Habs just traded a 1st and 2nd for, and I’m not sure how much value Byron and Drouin hold across the league right now. Realistically I only see Chiarot being traded for a good return (late 1st round pick).

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Deadline:
Petry retained to $5m = 1st rounder
Chariot no retention = 2nd rounder
Toffoli no retention = 1st rounder
Byron retained to $1.7m = 3rd rounder

Offseason:
Price retained to $7.5m = 1st rounder
Drouin retained to $3m = 2nd/3rd rounder

Ad