Poll: Vote for your top 3 guys you feel can be moved for value at the next Trade deadline

3 guys you feel are not part of the 3+ year core while we rebuild and can be traded at the deadline?

• Total voters

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Picked Chiarot, Petry, and Anderson.

Would totally be fine moving Gallagher, Drouin, Price, Toffoli, or Hoffman as well.

In fact, trade any of them if they bring back positive value (including Suzuki).

The ones you would have to pry from my cold dead hands are Suzuki and uhhhhhh ....

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Unfortunately, there's no one in Laval to step in and take the spots for guys they might move out. I picked my top 3, but just contract wise, it should be Gallagher, Price and Byron. I don't see them fetching much at all, and I definitely see salary retained on the first 2, but it needs to happen.
This team needs to shed players and salary and get whatever assets they can.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I embrace the tank, but we can't realistically unload all of our best guys, we don't want a losing culture like Buffalo, Edmonton or Arizona. It is damn hard to get out of. I would've traded Petry years ago but even tho he currently sucks we don't really have anyone to replace him.

As for Byron, he now has much more value to us than in any trade.

So I went with Chiarot, Armia and Allen.

Chiarot could actually fetch us a nice return. As for Armia, I love him but he's easily replaceable.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Would totally be fine moving Gallagher, Drouin, Price, Toffoli, or Hoffman as well.

In fact, trade any of them if they bring back positive value (including Suzuki).

The ones you would have to pry from my cold dead hands are Suzuki and uhhhhhh ....

All of those moves at the deadline? I'd be impressed no matter what the return is.

But think about it... how long will it take to move all or most of those guys you mentioned? This is kind of my point with those who are desperate for a tank. We all see it but what we see differently is how long it takes.

Anderson to me is a keeper. Even though he's not a perfect power forward, he's an asset under contract and that contract will age well. To me, he is part of our 3+ year core. These types are not easy to find. if you trade Anderson, we better get a younger asset who is very good. Pry-away value!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
At the TDL ?
Chiarot
Lehkonen
Kulak

With the flat cap, teams need to move money if they trade for player with terms, especially teams that are contending so they trade for rentals. We won’t see much player traded with term, that will be more in the offseason.

Agreed. And this is why I created this thread. Some fans in our herd need to chill. We are not having a liquidation sale that quickly with the circumstances of a flat cap at play. Even in the off season, we might be able to move some guys but it's not going to be as easy as some think it is.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I embrace the tank, but we can't realistically unload all of our best guys, we don't want a losing culture like Buffalo, Edmonton or Arizona. It is damn hard to get out of. I would've traded Petry years ago but even tho he currently sucks we don't really have anyone to replace him.

Chiarot could actually fetch us a nice return. As for Armia, I love him but he's easily replaceable.

Well said. Agree on all parts.

Reactions: canucklover123

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

I voted for the same three ones. I think they all have decent value on the trade market. Petry seems easier to move than Gallagher or Price given term and position, the later being quite impossible to move.

Reactions: Natey

Eastern Shores

Jun 20, 2018
Hmmmm ... Ok Chiarot is an given. With the year he is having the return may well outweigh his actual value, besides have ample LHD developing on the system. Same holds true regarding Kulak. My next choice would be Toffoli. Based on last years production and that he is playing out of position, I believe the return could be substantial. I want to let Savard go but that position is hardly a strength for the organization. I wonder could Brooks be any worse? If not move on from Savard too.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
All of those moves at the deadline? I'd be impressed no matter what the return is.

But think about it... how long will it take to move all or most of those guys you mentioned? This is kind of my point with those who are desperate for a tank. We all see it but what we see differently is how long it takes.

Anderson to me is a keeper. Even though he's not a perfect power forward, he's an asset under contract and that contract will age well. To me, he is part of our 3+ year core. These types are not easy to find. if you trade Anderson, we better get a younger asset who is very good. Pry-away value!
Haha I put the Top-3 as priority to move, but I'd move anyone. Gallagher would probably be high on the list but I'm not sure we can even move him. If someone wants him though, for sure let him go.

Anderson to me is a classic case of having all the tools but none of the work ethic/drive. If he played as hard as day... Lehkonen, he'd be one of the best players. He's a very Rene Bourque guy for me. He could be so much more than what he is. But my hope would be that someone sees him like you do and we can get a really good return. But that's just my opinion.

I'm also not desperate for a tank. I'm desperate for Bergevin to be fired. If he was fired and we start winning tomorrow, all is good with me. However, I just don't see it with this roster.

My point is that no player should ever be untouchable. Ever. It's a dumb word.

My other point is that I'm open to trading anyone here because there's not much to build from on the roster.

Reactions: Mr Mom

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
A lot of those options are new contracts and won't be moved for a variety of reasons.

Chiarot will likely bring us the best return. With our luck he'll tear his ACL in January.

Lehkonen and Kulak may be more attractive than some of those big contracts. Not sure why Evans is on the list.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

We already have a losing culture. We are on our way to miss the playoffs for the 5th times in the last 7 years.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No we don't. We just got to the SCF with a shitty team while coming back from 3-1 against the Leafs.

The team is bad, but it has a winning culture.

So one fluke scf erase 5 years of missing the playoffs in 7 years? Don't think i agree with that at all but well let's just agree to disagree then.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Picked Chiarot, Byron and Armia, but to be honest.... I dont see any of them being the key to a rebuild.

There are some that are more difficult to let go, simply because finding a replacement may be harder. Gally, Anderson, Petry are among these. And here I'm not speaking of contract situation but role in the roster.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Chiarot, Kulak and Lehkonen…obvious candidates, though Toffoli and Hoffman are attractive options given their affordable contracts.

That being said, the way this Habs season is going, I expect all of one of Chiarot, Kulak and Lehkonen to be injured and the Habs will miss out on any trade value.

going to knock on wood now

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

You're not gonna trade everyone.
Petry, how good will he be 3 years from now if we aren't getting a top D over that span?

Everyone is fair game. Before moving people and rebuilding, a plan needs to be set in motion.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You can get a great head start on a rebuild by moving Petry, Chiarot and Toffoli.

It's time to consider it

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad