Salary Cap: Poll - Swayman Arbitration Result?

Swayman is awarded (approximately)?

• $2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.5

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • $3

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • $3.5

Votes: 78 67.2%
  • $4

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • $4.5

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • $5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
If it goes to arbitration it's the team's choice on whether its a one-year or two-year deal. Swayman has no option in the matter and neither does the arbitrator. That's the risk Swayman took when he filed.
Thanks, I thought it was the player not the team on term so appreciate the insight. In that case then definitely 3.5+ for Sway as the midpoint (IMO) between team and agent unless they can work something out over the weekend which would be my goal now for Sweens and Gold..

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks, I thought it was the player not the team on term so appreciate the insight. In that case then definitely 3.5+ for Sway as the midpoint (IMO) between team and agent unless they can work something out over the weekend which would be my goal now for Sweens and Gold..
It depends on who files.

If the player files, the team gets the option. If the team files, the player gets the option.

Reactions: hrdpuk and bb74

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I put 3 but I think it's going to be 3.25

Why would he get more?

The argument for Swayman getting more than Samsonov would be consistency, Swayman has back to back high end seasons, while Samsonov only has one.

Swayman’s production last season was similar to Samsonov with a few less games played. If you compare each players combined production over the past two or three season, Swayman has performed substantially better than Samsonov.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The argument for Swayman getting more than Samsonov would be consistency, Swayman has back to back high end seasons, while Samsonov only has one.

Swayman’s production last season was similar to Samsonov with a few less games played. If you compare each players combined production over the past two or three season, Swayman has performed substantially better than Samsonov.

I could give you a half dozen arguments as to why he should get less but I've already given a few and I'm done with that. I see NO reason for Swayman to get more, I only see why he should get less.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
$3M, maybe slightly less than that. $4.8 is a comical ask for 1 year, IMO.
hopefully he gets $2M, the more cap space the better. there's no I in team. :thumbu:
there is a 0% chance he gets less then 3 mil based on his results over the past 2 years.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Think they split the middle at 2 years, ~3.5m AAV. Really good value for us in those 2 years and gives Sway incentive to play well with the cap going up and Ullmark's deal being up in 2 years.

Reactions: missingchicklet

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

And apparently the same arbitrator will be conducting the Swayman hearing. That has to account for something provided the agent does his job.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Big day today.

Sticking with my $4.15. Prospect Buffalo wings on me if I'm off by $0.75.
That would be a huge surprise and well off of what normally happens with arbitrators

E7EA5DB4-A948-423C-8817-77DB5E549A2B.jpeg

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
That would be a huge surprise and well off of what normally happens with arbitrators

View attachment 732746

There is no losing this bet. It's a win win win no matter what scenario.

Win 1 - likely forces a trade .. most likely one of the goalies .. and may speed up a center acquisition
Win 2 - I wasn't wrong but right
Win 3 - losing gives me the opportunity to hang with one of my favourite sport writers ... watching prospects

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
If it goes to arbitration it's the team's choice on whether its a one-year or two-year deal. Swayman has no option in the matter and neither does the arbitrator. That's the risk Swayman took when he filed.
Its a no brainer for the Bruins to sign him for two years. How does the process of a NTC or MNTC work in this case? Does Swaymann have the right to be granted this?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Flip Gustavsson recently signed for 3.75M AAV 3 year deal. I am going tp predict the Bruins sign Swayze for 3M in year one and 4M in year for a 3.5M AAV. They have very comparable stats.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Flip Gustavsson recently signed for 3.75M AAV 3 year deal. I am going tp predict the Bruins sign Swayze for 3M in year one and 4M in year for a 3.5M AAV. They have very comparable stats.
It’s up to the arbitrator now - Bruins and Sway can’t negotiate a deal any more.

Reactions: Blowfish

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Only $3.1m in cap space left for Swayman. This is going to be tight.
It is puke worthy, we lose Hall, Bergeron, Bertuzzi, Orlov, Nosek, most likely Krejci, and STILL will be against the cap. Granted there is a lot of 1 year deals so its not an on going problem, but still feels like they lost a lot without gaining much wiggle room. It also makes it harder if a rookie(s) surprises at camp and there isnt enough cap space to keep them up. Swayman deal depending on award will probably have to trade another player to, and even if he comes in under 3.1mil it wont be much under that, so that probably is most likely a definitely. Think one of Forbort or Grez will need to be moved. I'd say Forbort but I just dont think there is a market for him where there probably is for Grez.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It is puke worthy, we lose Hall, Bergeron, Bertuzzi, Orlov, Nosek, most likely Krejci, and STILL will be against the cap. Granted there is a lot of 1 year deals so its not an on going problem, but still feels like they lost a lot without gaining much wiggle room. It also makes it harder if a rookie(s) surprises at camp and there isnt enough cap space to keep them up. Swayman deal depending on award will probably have to trade another player to, and even if he comes in under 3.1mil it wont be much under that, so that probably is most likely a definitely. Think one of Forbort or Grez will need to be moved. I'd say Forbort but I just dont think there is a market for him where there probably is for Grez.
A rookie would take the spot of someone else, so there’s always room. Swayman won’t come in that low. Can get there with a 22 man roster which is pretty normal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad