Elks: Poll: New name for "Edmonton Eskimo Football Club"

What should the new name of the Eskimos be changed too?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
there is literally already a team with that name. I mean, if you want to be pedantic it’s FC Edmonton instead of Edmonton FC, but that’s just asking for issues regardless. I agree about not changing any other branding though. Call them the E’s this year if have to.
Id hate to show up to a football game and realize its soccer thats being played.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
they should just be called "Edmonton Football Club" honestly and keep everything else the same.. any other team just seems too weird unless they do an entire re-brand with the jerseys/logo/colours
Usually "FC" is associated with soccer or (football in most of the world).

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think if they are changing the name, changing it to Eskies is absolutely pointless and just wasting money and time.

No doubt-- might as well just ask Gerry Modde and Keith Geiren what they want and go with that. I'm sure the 2 of them will think of something. It's pointless to just go through this every year. The "Vanilla ice creams with low fat content" sounds nice.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No doubt-- might as well just ask Gerry Monde and Keith Geiren what they want and go with that. I'm sure the 2 of them will think of something. It's pointless to just go through this every year. The "Vanilla ice creams with low fat content" sounds nice.
I also don't like the idea of trying to keep the EE logo either, it just gets you stuck with a single letter for the team name.
If you are going to change the name of a team, friggen just embrace it and run wild and find something. Artificially restricting yourself to 1/26 of the potential words in the English language to keep a really mediocre logo is baffling to me.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I also don't like the idea of trying to keep the EE logo either, it just gets you stuck with a single letter for the team name.
If you are going to change the name of a team, friggen just embrace it and run wild and find something. Artificially restricting yourself to 1/26 of the potential words in the English language to keep a really mediocre logo is baffling to me.

I do like the name "Edmonton Huskies" (because they are tough, beautiful animals associated with the North) and nobody can complain about that (I hope) but I would also like to keep the EE logo. None of the "E" words impress me though. They all sound so juvenile or cheesy. Equinox has a nie ring but it is a reference to a day length/earth position subject so not too representative in my opinion.

I used to love the expression "Gateway to the North" when describing Edmonton before it became "City of Champions" which of course set us up for a few jabs even though the name was in reference to fire fighters during the tornado.

Best to go with something sleek that is beyond the reach of the mob.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
People are thinking about this all wrong. They have the idea that to do it right you keep as much as possible. That is just silly, every one will know what the E stands for in EE. Then it just shows you did what you did cause you had to. To me you start over, totally different colors and logos. I like the Edmonton Polar Bears. New colours, then celebrate what it was about to begin with. The fact that Edmonton is far north. most Inquit liked the name, put some symbols in for them. make it multicultural and cool. Don't just bend over, but change the E to something lame but close.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I do like the name "Edmonton Huskies" (because they are tough, beautiful animals associated with the North) and nobody can complain about that (I hope) but I would also like to keep the EE logo. None of the "E" words impress me though. They all sound so juvenile or cheesy. Equinox has a nie ring but it is a reference to a day length/earth position subject so not too representative in my opinion.

I used to love the expression "Gateway to the North" when describing Edmonton before it became "City of Champions" which of course set us up for a few jabs even though the name was in reference to fire fighters during the tornado.

Best to go with something sleek that is beyond the reach of the mob.

Yes, funny I didn't read this but said something similar.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The Edmonton Extreme or the Evolution. The name is evolving with the times so Evolution is fitting .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad