Poll: Most hated CBJ person in CBJ history

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Someday, maybe in the offseason, I hope we'll have an all-time Most LIKED CBJ poll. We'd get to vote for guys like Dave King and Manny Malholtra. I'd vote for front office types like Wendy Bradshaw (Foundation) and Dave Paitson (marketing) as well.

BlueJacket2

Feb 26, 2012
Didn't get to vote because I got busy. Would have voted for Jeff Carter.

Why are broadcasters on the list?

Didn't vote myself, but I too would have said Jeff Carter. Followed by Dallas Drake. Did we all forget about him? He started the hate. :rant:

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Suggested taglines.

Jeff Carter: 39 games to exceed Foote.

Jeff Carter: Dressed for 39 games, showed up for 6.

Jeff Carter: Couldn't work without Mike Richards holding my hand

Jeff Carter: Couldn't work without Mike Richards holding my beer

Jeff Carter: Couldn't work without Mike Richards holding my....yeah.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I voted Jeff Carter but to be clear, the only reason Jeff Carter is on this list is because Scott Howson ignored the fact Carter didn't want to play for the Blue Jackets but he forced it anyway....(no documentation or proof just my opinion)

Jeff Carter is not a bad person, he simply didn't want to play for the Blue Jackets, something many established NHL players would probably say to their wife’s in the privacy of their home today....

Suggestion Jacket Fan, stop dwelling on the negatives of the past and move forward... don’t make Jacket Fan appear as the consummate whiner to the league…. sheet happens to all organizations.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
I voted Jeff Carter but to be clear, the only reason Jeff Carter is on this list is because Scott Howson ignored the fact Carter didn't want to play for the Blue Jackets but he forced it anyway....(no documentation or proof just my opinion)

Jeff Carter is not a bad person, he simply didn't want to play for the Blue Jackets, something many established NHL players would probably say to their wife’s in the privacy of their home today....

Suggestion Jacket Fan, stop dwelling on the negatives of the past and move forward... don’t make Jacket Fan appear as the consummate whiner to the league…. sheet happens to all organizations.

Good idea for EVERYONE

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012

Does it though? We won't win a playoff series until we move to Quebec

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Carter for me as well, mostly cause he represents everything I hate about pro athletes. If you are blessed with the talent to play a game and make millions of dollars doing so don't complain about your job. I don't begrudge athletes the money but for the love of God realize that you have one of the greatest "jobs" in the world (even if you play in Edmonton) and don't complain about it. Take your money, play your heart out, and shut up.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Conventional wisdom tells you if a guy just signed an 11 year contract somewhere, he'd prefer to stay there. It was an idiotic trade to make by Priest.....and yes it was Priest that made that trade happen

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Nice resurrection of a three year old thread.

Is there someone new to hate? Don't really see one right now, unless you hate Clarkson because JK was stupid enough to grab him. That really wouldn't be his fault though.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Jeff Carter for obvious reasons already stated. As for Nash, I loved the guy to death when he played for us, and always thought he would remain loyal, so I was kinda pissed when he pulled a Lebron. But do I hate him? No. But I will admit I've been happy seeing him under achive this season.

My "most hated person in CBJ orginazation" currently is hands down Kekalainen ( I don't even care if I spelled that wrong, his last name is a cluster**** ).
He's a great scout, but as a GM he is dog ****. Honestly, the only decent trade he has made was the one for Gaborik ( who he should have kept ).
I like Saad, but he gave up way too much. And don't get me started on the Johansen trade.
He sells too low on players, so in return gets horse ****. It pisses me off to no end.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We can add a Joey to this list going by some of people's responses to the trade

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
You aren't going to find one; but yes that was a poorly kept secret. Howson really wasn't responsible for bringing in Carter; he was pressured.

Scott Howson had the misfortune of being tethered to a blood donation station with a needle taped to his arm drawing blood beside me for about a half hour. This was the day after the Voracek/Carter trade. We had quite a conversation. He expressed that he didn't relish trading Jake, his draft pick, but insisted that Philly wouldn't even consider anyone else. I know there was talk at the time Philly wanted someone else...can't recall who now..but FGMSH maintained adamantly that the Flyes only wanted Jake. He had nothing to gain or lose by our conversation. I am as unassuming a person as they come, certainly not what you'd picture as a stereotypical hockey fan. Some of you'd be surprised if you met me, lol. Fro and Wooten can vouch for that!

So, there's that little anecdote for what it's worth.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Scott Howson had the misfortune of being tethered to a blood donation station with a needle taped to his arm drawing blood beside me for about a half hour. This was the day after the Voracek/Carter trade. We had quite a conversation. He expressed that he didn't relish trading Jake, his draft pick, but insisted that Philly wouldn't even consider anyone else. I know there was talk at the time Philly wanted someone else...can't recall who now..but FGMSH maintained adamantly that the Flyes only wanted Jake. He had nothing to gain or lose by our conversation. I am as unassuming a person as they come, certainly not what you'd picture as a stereotypical hockey fan. Some of you'd be surprised if you met me, lol. Fro and Wooten can vouch for that!

So, there's that little anecdote for what it's worth.

I have absolutely no doubt that's who they wanted; however that really isn't what I said. It wasn't Howson that was pushing for Carter and he certainly wasn't going to tell anything that he was pressured to get a top line center.

The pressure that Priest put on before the loss of our owner to get into the playoffs was immense as well.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I have absolutely no doubt that's who they wanted; however that really isn't what I said. It wasn't Howson that was pushing for Carter and he certainly wasn't going to tell anything that he was pressured to get a top line center.

The pressure that Priest put on before the loss of our owner to get into the playoffs was immense as well.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you, guess it wasn't clear. My post was meant to illustrate a bit that Howson wasn't thrilled with the trade, either, therefore supporting what you posted.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yeah, I was agreeing with you, guess it wasn't clear. My post was meant to illustrate a bit that Howson wasn't thrilled with the trade, either, therefore supporting what you posted.

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad