Poll: Kirby Dach or Dylan Cozens

Who is the better prospect?

• Total voters

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Dach is in my opinion a much better hockey player. Cozens however has more speed and a nasty shot (when he gets it off) but I give everything else to Dach by far, IQ, vision, playmaking ability, puck control, ability to slow down and control the game and his decision making w/ the puck is muchhhh better

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Dach is in my opinion a much better hockey player. Cozens however has more speed and a nasty shot (when he gets it off) but I give everything else to Dach by far, IQ, vision, playmaking ability, puck control, ability to slow down and control the game and his decision making w/ the puck is muchhhh better

Ok again I will ask if he is MUCH better and by far ahead on so many things why is he constantly outproduced by Cozens and why does Cozens always look so much more impressive.

And I will say I am not against Dach or if you want to say you prefer him but outside of trolling how is he much better or by far ahead of Cozens?

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Depends what you like. Hockey IQ or speed and power. Both are highly sought after attributes for players, especially big RH centers with size. I find hockey smarts translates a little better to the NHL so I'll go with Dach but I think it's close.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I honestly just haven't seen that much higher of a Hockey IQ from Dach than I have from Cozens. Every time I've seen Dach I just haven't been as impressed by his vision as the scouting reports indicate. I like the idea of him as a prospect, but every time I've watched him play I fail to see any "elite" quality to build on. I'm sure I'll end up being way off like always, but I don't see Dach as a top six guy in the NHL.

I can definitely sympathize with why people prefer Dach, but my eyes tell me Cozens.

Reactions: Baxterman

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Dach.

I originally wanted Cozens which has better tools, but seems to have a much lower IQ. Don't expect him to play 1C as a result, I wouldn't be surprised he is moved to RW.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Cozens has an ideal frame for NHL hockey. He's also insanely fast. The way the league is moving ...towards faster style of hockey... i'll take Cozens. I think he has 1C potential.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
There’s a lot of people saying cozens might end up a winger.... for people claiming this would grabner be a good projection?

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I think Cozens could go anywhere from 4-12, whereas Dach is likely to go between 4-8. I could see a situation where Cozens does fall, but no situation where Dach does. With that said, I'd prefer Cozens for the Canucks. Worst case I think he is a perfect fit with Horvat on the 2nd line.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
There’s a lot of people saying cozens might end up a winger.... for people claiming this would grabner be a good projection?

Personally, I don't think so. They're both good, fast skaters, but in different ways. To me, Grabner generates more of his offense from speed in transition, while Cozens is stronger in controlled zone entries and the power play. I also like Cozens' shot over Grabner's. Grabner is also a very difficult player to evaluate and use as a comparison in my opinion, because his career has been a roller coaster. For example, 25 goals and 6 assists in the 17/18 season. What a bizarre stat line.

I don't think Grabner is an unfair comparison in terms of realistic impact, but personally I don't see a ton of similarity in style.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cozens is a lot better of a prospect than projecting him to be Grabner. Grabner is a speedster who has bad finishing skills, no playmaking but is a passable defensive player. He’s a third liner that can have better finishing years that make him a second line player. Cozens could struggle to drive play as a 1C, and therefore I understand why some might think he’s more likely a first line winger or second line center, but he drives a line much better than Grabner. There’s a big difference between the two in puck skills and playmaking.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
How is Cozens winning this poll wtf?

I'm asking the same question. If you look at highlights alone of each player, Cozens scores a ton of garbage goals; has almost zero creativity to his game, whereas, Dach is very creative, a better skater (especially for his size) and playmaker. In today's game I think the better skating aspect trumps. I just think Dach has a higher ceiling.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm asking the same question. If you look at highlights alone of each player, Cozens scores a ton of garbage goals; has almost zero creativity to his game, whereas, Dach is very creative, a better skater (especially for his size) and playmaker. In today's game I think the better skating aspect trumps. I just think Dach has a higher ceiling.

Perhaps that says more about judging players by highlights versus actually watching them play.

For those talking about how low Cozens IQ how many games, particularly in the WHL, have you seen him play?

As someone who has seen a lot I see absolutely nothing to indicate he has anything but an high end IQ. He is a guy that knows how to get to the open areas to score goals. He does not just rely on his strength, speed, shot to overpower lesser players at the WHL, he is the primary creator if offense for his line/team because of his ability to find open holes on the ice.

I am not saying he is at Crosby level hockey IQ but those stating he has low IQ seem to be doing so with very little knowledge of the kind of player he is or because they have an agenda and hockey IQ has become the easiest way to trash a player you don't like.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
How is Cozens winning this poll wtf?
This is the history of the poll IIRC: It was created at the beginning of the season and Dach was off to a massive lead due to his insane scoring to start the year. The thread got buried after a month or two and resurfaced in January when Dach was on a big cold streak. This turned the whole poll against Dach as if he had now come back down to Earth from his hot start, while Cozens was consistently putting up points. By the end of January it was buried again and Cozens now held the huge lead. Until yesterday when it resurfaced yet again and now we are just about dead even as Dach's stock has only risen since then, while Cozens' has dropped.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00