Pre-Game Talk: POLE - What Ails The Oil? - Nashville Saturday Afternoon, 1 PM.

Pick the top 3 reasons the Oilers are doing so terrible to start the year.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Exactly six days earlier on the calendar than when Kostin was recalled last year. Kostin was 6'4", 230 pound 23 years old forward in his first season of waiver eligibility after being drafted 31st overall.

Lavoie is is a 6'4", 215 pound 23 years old forward in his first season of waiver eligibility after being drafted 38th overall.

Different style players, but here's hoping he has a similar impact as Kostin did once he got into the line up. Granted it took Kostin a while before he heated up, but we certainly miss his presence in this year's lineup.

I just checked Kostin stats. 8 games played, but 0 points. Playing on a 4th line with Czarnik and Fischer. Little bit surprised Kostin hasn't touched the scoresheet yet. I knew his high shooting % wasn't sustainable, but man I do miss having a guy like him on our team. Seeing Erne take '21' and did f*** all but cardio made me wish Kostin was still an Oiler.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Sam Gagner has played 1 game and he's 6th in team goal scoring. Thats so funny its an indictment.

More impressive both goals were EV. On a team struggling to score EV.

Thing is, Sam's keeping it simple. Get pucks on the net, crash the net, and get a greasy goal. Hockey 101 basis. That's what the rest of the bottom 6 players like McLeod need to do. McLeod has all the speed, but I have not seen him at all attempt to get that greasy goal. All I've seen him do is skate fast and get a perimeter shot in.

There's no excuses for any other forward on this team when a 34 year old who's 5’11, and had double hip surgery this offseason in Gagner had the balls to do what he did last night to score goals. Gagner in one game alone showed more heart and effort than the whole bottom 6 the whole season thus far. I hope they learn from the veteran because Gagner always had that heart of a lion, and I hope that rubs off his teammates especially the young ones.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
No win scenario type of game. It’s one of those games where if you lose its a gigantic failure and if you win it means very little cause the Preds suck.

Guess the same could have been said about the Calgary game.

Reactions: Aerchon

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No win scenario type of game. It’s one of those games where if you lose its a gigantic failure and if you win it means very little cause the Preds suck.

Guess the same could have been said about the Calgary game.
No free games in the NHL. (Maybe San Jose haha)

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Thing is, Sam's keeping it simple. Get pucks on the net, crash the net, and get a greasy goal. Hockey 101 basis. That's what the rest of the bottom 6 players like McLeod need to do. McLeod has all the speed, but I have not seen him at all attempt to get that greasy goal. All I've seen him do is skate fast and get a perimeter shot in.

There's no excuses for any other forward on this team when a 34 year old who's 5’11, and had double hip surgery this offseason in Gagner had the balls to do what he did last night to score goals. Gagner in one game alone showed more heart and effort than the whole bottom 6 the whole season thus far. I hope they learn from the veteran because Gagner always had that heart of a lion, and I hope that rubs off his teammates especially the young ones.

I’d argue thats what the top 6 should do this 5 on 5 as well. Especially in rinks with poor ice or when they are struggling with execution.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
All I'm hoping for is a solid effort and Woody giving Raph a real chance. Expectations were higher once.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I completely missed the last game. Just finished watching Sam's goals. Have we even scored 2 like that this whole season before that?? It was cool seeing Roger's react in playoff like fashion. You can also tell that him and Kane are becoming besties too. That line was great.
I’ll change mine. When they go on a winning streak you guys can thank me.
You can thank me too. I got rid of the AI generated skeleton dude and brought back a familiar face. The Oilers seem to play much better when shes my avatar. If we lose this game though... Good golly. :(

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I have zero confidence in this team right now. Nashville hasn't forgotten the ass kicking the Oilers gave them last month so I'm expecting them to return the favor. Afternoon games aren't the Oilers forte either so I'm thinking 5-3 loss.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I'm pleasantly surprised as it stands right now the biggest reason is defensive reads. Because opinions are like assholes, in that everyone has one and they typically stink.

Statistically I'm horrified that even with 3 picks so many are still clueless enough to not even have it as their third pick.

This team has regressed immensely in terms of team defense and sadly so after all their preseason chatter.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Sam Gagner has played 1 game and he's 6th in team goal scoring. Thats so funny its an indictment.

More impressive both goals were EV. On a team struggling to score EV.
One of the few players on our team that looks hungry…

need some of our guys to get angry instead of this sulky Gen Z Bulls$&t

Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad