Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
How do i chain rare spawn pokemon then? Same deals as Shiny ones?

Got my mankey chain to like, 20 and only saw one Charmander. Obviously catching the Charmander would break the chain and leave me with nothing right? Do i try and de/respawn stuff to make more than one show up at once or?

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
How do i chain rare spawn pokemon then? Same deals as Shiny ones?

Got my mankey chain to like, 20 and only saw one Charmander. Obviously catching the Charmander would break the chain and leave me with nothing right? Do i try and de/respawn stuff to make more than one show up at once or?
Once you get to a 31 Mankey (or other Pokemon) chain and use a lure, there will likely be one Charmander spawn available at any point. If you encounter the Charmander, it will force another Charmander spawn. But you don't get the benefit of high IVs, as only the Pokemon your actually chaining has the guaranteed 4 IVs after 31. I think you have to keep using the lure to guarantee the rare re-spawn though.

Otherwise, you can chain the rare Pokemon if you want. It just takes more time, though lures help quite a bit early on as well.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You actually managed to somehow figure out i was after the IVs without even me specifically saying so lol.

Perfect. Exactly what i wanted to know. It honestly feels like this process is way more straightforward than just "breed 1000 eggs and hope one gets spit out with the IVs you want." Even with one of those super dittos and the everstone pass on method in gen 6.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Anyone else have a bug where you walk instead of run when moving down while the switch is in handheld mode? I don't think my joycon is broken as it works with other games.

So I'm not the only one experiencing this. My character walks when moving left or down, but runs when moving right or up in handheld mode. It's obnoxious.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
So my team so far, Nidorino, Drowzee, Wartortle and Rhyhorn. Not sure what to use for last two, I do need a grass or electric type in there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You know I thought the pokeball would be an absolute waste of money, but watching my bro play it was a fantastic addition to the game.

Reactions: Pilky01

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Got the last of the Lugia/Ho-Oh giveaway codes I needed today, before hte giveaway ends on Sunday.

I won't have any extras of those, but if anyone wants it, I do have an extra Zeraora code for UltraSun/UltraMoon

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
My team is basic as **** right now.

Pikachu
Gloom
Charmeleon
Pidgeotto
Geodude
Beedrill

I def want a water type to replace Gloom since Water covers pretty much everything it can (thinking Lapras or Cloyster)

Beedrill is a total waste of space and i want to replace with either Gengar or Alakazam.

Not 100% sure about Geodude yet.

I'll probably end up building an online too. Probably a rain team (is that even possible?) built around a core of Electrode (rain setter), Kabutops (sweep) or something...that's assuming i can even get additional Kabutos outside of the dome fossil. I know most people are like ew why would you batter on let's go of all things? Mostly because it'll be active being the only game as of now on switch, and having to only understand gen 1 pokemon is far easier

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Evee, Pikachu, Machop, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Mew.

I got Venusaur so I subbed in Machop to get to Machoke and then trade evolve to Machamp at some point. I figure I can train up my team to where I want it later on otherwise starter Evee would be off the team already (but I can't, the Evee is 6-7 levels ahead of everything else).

I'm about to head into Celadon city when I pick up again tomorrow.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Does the Pokeball make a big difference in game experience? Because I realllly want this game and I’d like the Pokeball but $100 is a bit steep, wanna make sure it’s worth it.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Does the Pokeball make a big difference in game experience? Because I realllly want this game and I’d like the Pokeball but $100 is a bit steep, wanna make sure it’s worth it.

It's a small ball with a joystick on top and a large button on the front of it. Unless you desperately want to get Mew (early? At all?) or custom controllers for game immersion are important to you or you play a lot of Pokemon Go... nah.

The joycon controller feels easier to use.

Reactions: Bozle

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The motion controls in the Pokeball are more precise than the joycons in my experience, but the trade-off is that only having two buttons makes certain controls somewhat awkward (not as much as I would have expected, though).

I like it, I'm glad I went for it...it comes down to if you have the spare money to toss at it or not. It's a pure luxury item, it adds very little for the cost...but it's nice.

Reactions: Daxi

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The motion controls in the Pokeball are more precise than the joycons in my experience, but the trade-off is that only having two buttons makes certain controls somewhat awkward (not as much as I would have expected, though).

I like it, I'm glad I went for it...it comes down to if you have the spare money to toss at it or not. It's a pure luxury item, it adds very little for the cost...but it's nice.

I'll admit I use it to play because the sounds and rumble pack make it a bit more fun. I'm not sure about more precise, maybe but I haven't really noticed.

I wouldn't call it a complete waste of money but if you're looking to save money wherever you can, the game is worth it without the pokeball.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

It has a lot more value in Pokemon Go than it does in the Let's Go games. Makes spinning Pokestops and catching Pokemon while you're on a run or even walk a lot easier. Has actually gotten me to play the game again given how much more accessible the game is with the Ball.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Is training everyone until level 29 and then stopping a good idea? I don't want to have to use L candy.

Damn you're in depth. So far I've just been catching Pokemon and kind of rotating them in and out for evolutions. Right now I'm running Evee, Raichu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise and Mew because I have trade evolutions and waiting until later where I can hopefully catch high level end game Pokemon to level up for evolutions more efficiently. No idea if this will pan out but I'm hopeful.

About to head to powerplant. I've started battling using type advantages in my Pokemon because it's so strong and that's led to the gap between my Evee and my other Pokemon closing. Raichu Lv48, Blastoise Lv46, Mew Lv46, Venusaur Lv44, Eevee Lv50, Charizard Lv46.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Damn you're in depth. So far I've just been catching Pokemon and kind of rotating them in and out for evolutions. Right now I'm running Evee, Raichu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise and Mew because I have trade evolutions and waiting until later where I can hopefully catch high level end game Pokemon to level up for evolutions more efficiently. No idea if this will pan out but I'm hopeful.

About to head to powerplant. I've started battling using type advantages in my Pokemon because it's so strong and that's led to the gap between my Evee and my other Pokemon closing. Raichu Lv48, Blastoise Lv46, Mew Lv46, Venusaur Lv44, Eevee Lv50, Charizard Lv46.

I was tired of grinding, so I just said **** it and leveled to 30. Whatever.

I found a Charmander somewhere (don't remember), but it was Bold. Ugh.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
So I played a bit this morning and I caught Zapdos but his 4 moves used in the fight were different from what I have now that I've captured him? It's a little frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad