Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm not 100 percent sure actually lol

I guess it's press X and then communicate(?) and play with others. Anyways PM me your SW digit code or whatever and I'll add you. I'm too exhausted to go out tonight so I'll be around.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll be around as well. I'm currently eating lunch (timezones over here are whack) so i should be able to PM you in the next like, 20 minutes or so.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'll be around as well. I'm currently eating lunch (timezones over here are whack) so i should be able to PM you in the next like, 20 minutes or so.

Nice, got a Gengar now as well. I got to trade some others like Graveler eventually so if anyone's up let me know and PM me your code or I can pm mine just let me know.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Team is lookin' nice.

Pikachu lvl 46
Lapras lvl 44
Gengar lvl 45
Marowak lvl 44
Charizard lvl 46 (desperately need something that isn't ember)

My 6th slot i have a level 46 Vileplume right now but it seems like a redundancy. I was thinking one of the Hitmons for normal type coverage

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Team is lookin' nice.

Pikachu lvl 46
Lapras lvl 44
Gengar lvl 45
Marowak lvl 44
Charizard lvl 46 (desperately need something that isn't ember)

My 6th slot i have a level 46 Vileplume right now but it seems like a redundancy. I was thinking one of the Hitmons for normal type coverage

Fire Punch is a TM on Route 15 (I believe that is east of Fuchsia.).

Ember: 40 BP (60 with STAB)
Fire Punch: 75 BP (112.5 with STAB)

Edit: Charizard's SPA is better than its ATK, but it's still a huge upgrade.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I said the hell with it and went to sylph co and got flamethrower.

My memory is shot but was it gen 4 and up where legendaries have 2 guaranteed perfect IVs, and does it apply here?

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
EDIT: Oops. Meant to post this in the Go thread.

Managed to catch 10 shiny Pokemon during the 3 hour boost today. Hopefully I'll get a couple more through the rest of the weekend.

Didn't really get much with good IVs though, just one shiny Charmander that has 2 perfect stats, which is cool. My Larvitar and Beldums have all been disappointing, which sucks because Metagross and Tyranitar are 2 of my favourite Pokemon. Got a couple decent Dratini though.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This chansey chaining method is absolutely absurd for leveling up. My team went from like mid 50's to 70's within like 20 or so minutes

Won't take long to build a competitive team with this method...still not enough to kill Mewtwo with

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, Mewtwo's pretty nuts. Forget being super strong in the first place. Let's give him a stat boost to start the battle. And a healing move just in case. And for the hell of it, put a 5 minute timer on that bad boy.

It's the one time I miss the old way of catching Pokemon, because I want nothing more than to simply throw a Masterball at the thing and be done with it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I got him, but barely.

Got lucky and burned him. Basically just played "let's throw something out in front of it to die" since it was already low health to begin with it. First run through he dropped all 6 of my pokemon in 7 turns. Not even my tanky level 70 Lapras could stand up to it.

Got all the legendaries as well so i guess i'm ready to screw around in the end game. Have no damn clue how to build a team for this style of competitive considering the following;

- Stealth rock is usable and unable to be cleared once on the field. (seriously what the hell game freak? I get it's a more laid back style of game with no focus on competitive but that still seems like an oversight). that severely neuters a lot of the potential mega evolutions available as well

- all 151 pokemon can be used in regular battles, even with no proper nature/IVs Mewtwo hits like an absolute truck.

-Weather doesn't exist, and most setup and stat boost moves don't exist outside of what appear to be shell smash, calm mind and the classic ones (Agility, Swords dance, Amnesia)

On the other hand, it's kinda fun to have a different meta since it means some otherwise forgotten about pokemon can shine.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Yeah, Mewtwo's pretty nuts. Forget being super strong in the first place. Let's give him a stat boost to start the battle. And a healing move just in case. And for the hell of it, put a 5 minute timer on that bad boy.

The strategy I used to beat it was to teach my Alolan Muk (Alolan Raticate and Alolan Persian will work, too) Toxic, then use it on the first turn. Mewtwo has no way of healing itself from status conditions (Recover only heals HP), and the poison damage from Toxic increases every turn, so once it's poisoned, you can basically stall it out. And since Alolan Muk/Persian/Raticate are part Dark, Mewtwo is only able to damage them with Swift.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
After some head scratching, this is what i've come up with for a Let's go meta team;

Mega Alakazam; Tri Attack/Calm Mind/Psychic/Shadow Ball

Magneton: Thunderbolt/Light Screen/Reflect/Thunder wave

Cloyster: Shell Smash/Waterfall/Icicle Crash/Poison Jab

Tangela (literally the only decent physical wall i could find to fit this): Power Whip/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder/Toxic

Dragonite: Outrage/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/Agility

Mewtwo: Psychic/Recover/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam

I have no earthly idea how it's gonna fair given the unbalanced ruleset. The plus side is it's largely unaffected by stealth rock (outside of Dragonite and Cloyster) and can make an opponent pay severely for a misplay/

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
How do Megas work if you can't hold an item?

It's an option during the fight if you have the stone(?) in your bag/inventory. I have no experience with it but I saw it as an option during a fight with my Venusaur after I was given some stones(?)

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Decided I'd try to get a shiny Charmander, so I started chaining them in Rock Tunnel. It took about 2 hours for me to even encounter 10. Catch my 1oth and a shiny Graveller spawns... I've never even seen a shiny before so I grabbed it and now I'm starting the chain again. I'll have to organize with someone here that I can trade to evolve it. I need to buy the nintendo online service for that though, right?

edit: ....and a Charmander ran away after 1 missed ball when I hit 28 chain :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I have yet to encounter a single shiny.

Also traded my lvl 21 Kadabra for it to evolve with a rando from Japan, and they accidentally gave me their lvl 49 one. I didn't think to make sure before quitting out, so now I have a Alakazam in Japanese letters that I can't even use yet.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Decided I'd try to get a shiny Charmander, so I started chaining them in Rock Tunnel. It took about 2 hours for me to even encounter 10. Catch my 1oth and a shiny Graveller spawns... I've never even seen a shiny before so I grabbed it and now I'm starting the chain again. I'll have to organize with someone here that I can trade to evolve it. I need to buy the nintendo online service for that though, right?

edit: ....and a Charmander ran away after 1 missed ball when I hit 28 chain :cry::cry::cry:

Yeah, you need online.

And ouch.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Is there a way to earn money in the end game? I find myself constantly broke buying ultraballs/lures. I haven't finished the game (6/8 gyms), so not sure if there is a good way to farm cash after beating the E4 or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad