Pokemon Thread #19: Pokemon Go! Step aside for now S&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Loving the names. Here's my team so far.

13706273_10154909656512069_1568227179_n.png

These nicknames are on point :laugh:

Also wtf my highest is like a 711 Vaporeon, I just don't have it in me to grind that much... It's not even worth it for me to get my CP higher until I'm a higher level anyways

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Got a question. I'm on iOS. The whole "have to have the app open thing" does that mean the app actually has to be running and open or can it be open in the background or can you have your phone locked as long as it's running?

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
dang dudes. you're all killing me :P. I have like 3 in the 900s and those are my highest.

what does the yellow star mean next to their names? Haven't noticed that before.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Got a question. I'm on iOS. The whole "have to have the app open thing" does that mean the app actually has to be running and open or can it be open in the background or can you have your phone locked as long as it's running?

It has to be running and open.

There's a battery saver mode which will make the screen go black (but app still open) when you turn the phone horizontal, but I've had issues with server connection when I've tried it. You can access it at the settings menu.

dang dudes. you're all killing me :P. I have like 3 in the 900s and those are my highest.

what does the yellow star mean next to their names? Haven't noticed that before.

Designated as a favorite.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I couldn't understand how people were such high level but yesterday night I went to school and realized that downtown, pretty much anywhere you are, you will be directly in the range of at least 4 pokestops with lures.

You can just sit there, every 3 minutes getting 200 exp from the stops and there's a pokemon every minute, for another 100 exp at least.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
It has to be running and open.

There's a battery saver mode which will make the screen go black (but app still open) when you turn the phone horizontal, but I've had issues with server connection when I've tried it. You can access it at the settings menu.

Designated as a favorite.

Ahhh okay, thank you. Yeah I use low battery mode when I'm walking around, just wasn't sure if I could lock my phone at all.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yep only my Vaporeon is near 900. I haven't had much else time wise.

I feel like I've been dedicating WAY too much time to this... I have the game on every time I walk the dog and we go out for an hour or more a few times a day. And despite all this, my best is a Pidgeot CP 660.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Ive caught 120-150 pokemon just sitting at home. Every time I open the app 3 pokemon show up, if I dont like them I just wait 5 mins and 3 new ones appear.

I've caught 11 eevees at home

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Ive caught 120-150 pokemon just sitting at home. Every time I open the app 3 pokemon show up, if I dont like them I just wait 5 mins and 3 new ones appear.

How dense is your neighborhood/area? I live out in the suburbs of Ottawa and I don't think I have ever caught anything having the app open while my phone charges and I'm working/watching Netflix.

Reading through this thread is pretty discouraging. I'm level 5 after playing since the launch on Sunday. My highest combat pokemon is like 107 or 110 or something.

I know people who are level 20+ but I know some of them live in a more dense neighborhood closer to downtown but they aren't living in downtown. I guess part of it is they are out walking all the time but I just can't see myself being one of those people.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
How dense is your neighborhood/area? I live out in the suburbs of Ottawa and I don't think I have ever caught anything having the app open while my phone charges and I'm working/watching Netflix.

Reading through this thread is pretty discouraging. I'm level 5 after playing since the launch on Sunday.

I know people who are level 20+ but I know some of them live in a more dense neighborhood closer to downtown but they aren't living in downtown. I guess part of it is they are out walking all the time but I just can't see myself being one of those people.

Living in the GTA, its mostly bug/normal type pokemon, every now and again I'll get a rare ghost or water type.

I got this game like a week before its release and I'm only level 7 about to hit 8, probably because I don't play it anywhere other than home. I have 0 eggs and havent even got the option to pick a team yet.

My strongest pokemon is a 260 raticate lol

DyerMaker66*

Very rarely do I catch Pokemon at my house. If I stand in front my friend's house around the corner from me they spawn non-stop

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I hate you. I may get one every ten minutes or so.

Though I never tried all that much at home. I've only really gotten into it here at this vacation resort. Hope there's a lot of eevee in my neighborhood

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Yeah living out in the country sucks. There are a couple Pokestops close to my house but most I'd have to pass and stop at while driving home :laugh: might do it today though. I only saw a few Pokemon in my house cause I used incense yesterday. Might have to try walk around my property a bit and hopefully see some.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The only thing that appears in my house are Zubats and Weedles. I have caught something like 45 Zubats.

I think I figured out the trick to level up though. I catch so many Weedles and I've been saving candies to evolve a strong one into a Beedrill, but there's no point since even a strong Beedrill sucks. So just evolve Weedles into Kakunas for the 500 exp and dump them. It's easy experience.

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
The only thing that appears in my house are Zubats and Weedles. I have caught something like 45 Zubats.

I think I figured out the trick to level up though. I catch so many Weedles and I've been saving candies to evolve a strong one into a Beedrill, but there's no point since even a strong Beedrill sucks. So just evolve Weedles into Kakunas for the 500 exp and dump them. It's easy experience.

Don't forget to pop a lucky egg when you evolve the Weedles!

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

Meanwhile yesterday I saw only 4 pokémon. And I went on a 6km walk around 11PM too. One of them was a 121 CP Pidgey that broke out of great balls (since that's all I have left, thanks to the lack of Pokestops nearby) twice before I caught it. T_T

I am also now stuck with 9 fantastic 2km eggs.

Pokémon wise, nobody is going to be as unlucky as I am. Nobody.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Caught another Snorlax this morning...1300 CP. Pretty nice, but kind of a crappy moveset (Zen Headbutt and Hyper Beam). I have a Lick/Body Slam one already which is the best offensive combination maybe in the game movewise.

It seems the cases where it's useful to use the 'special' move are few and far between in this game (especially in the Vaporeon meta). Have they announced any plans at all to tweak the battle system or current stats/abilities?

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
My Lapras is kind of useless currently, as it only has ice moves. The wait for Dragonite smashing begins.

Finnsane

Oct 21, 2012
Seems like I can't play :/ I just get GPS signal not found and can't catch the starting pokemon. Using Samsung galaxy J5, does anyone possibly have a fix? I've enabled GPS, wi-fi and every possible location setting but won't work.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Seems like I can't play :/ I just get GPS signal not found and can't catch the starting pokemon. Using Samsung galaxy J5, does anyone possibly have a fix? I've enabled GPS, wi-fi and every possible location setting but won't work.

You can't play it at all or it just started happening today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad