Pokemon Thread #19: Pokemon Go! Step aside for now S&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
You know in general I haven't really payed much attention to Verlisify, but lately the guy is just going insane. First he attacked Pokeaim, now he's going after Wolfe Glicke? Probably the nicest guy in the community? He doesn't even compete, I don't get why he goes to such extensive lengths to call out people on the whole "cheating" in VGC thing.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
You know in general I haven't really payed much attention to Verlisify, but lately the guy is just going insane. First he attacked Pokeaim, now he's going after Wolfe Glicke? Probably the nicest guy in the community? He doesn't even compete, I don't get why he goes to such extensive lengths to call out people on the whole "cheating" in VGC thing.
He's always a clown.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Should add a poll to visualize what starters people plan on choosing at the moment if they had to choose today. Could be fun.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm up to 41 eggs. Any other donations are appreciated!

If you don't get anything else, or need to get up to 50 or so, I can do another batch. But I don't really think you'll want like a quarter of your eggs all coming from me. So I'll wait to see if anyone else wants to fill in first.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
It's interesting that you bring this up because I just finished watching Wolfe's response/read their conversation. Wolfe was actually extremely respectful and his points were well thought out and as always Verlisify was just taking potshots. It's funny because in all the time I've (sadly) spent reading tweets between himself and other Pokemon youtubers, he's never once been able to define how pokegenning is actually bad for the game. Truthfully it's nothing more than a time saving measure for people. It doesn't give them any kind of competitive advantage.

I like Wolfe, he's a good player and he's had a pretty positive influence on the game as a whole. It's a shame to see him get dragged through the mud.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
It's interesting that you bring this up because I just finished watching Wolfe's response/read their conversation. Wolfe was actually extremely respectful and his points were well thought out and as always Verlisify was just taking potshots. It's funny because in all the time I've (sadly) spent reading tweets between himself and other Pokemon youtubers, he's never once been able to define how pokegenning is actually bad for the game. Truthfully it's nothing more than a time saving measure for people. It doesn't give them any kind of competitive advantage.

I like Wolfe, he's a good player and he's had a pretty positive influence on the game as a whole. It's a shame to see him get dragged through the mud.
Yeah, that's my biggest thing too. Pokeaim was kind of a dick right back to Verlisify so I didn't really feel too bad for him (nor do I blame him), but Wolfe has been really respectful and Verlisify is just ripping into him on twitter, calling him a man child and saying he is toxic, retweeting people that are attacking Wolfe. The guy is just so hateful for no good reason, it's ridiculous.

Verlisify's biggest problem is that he takes anyone who disagree with him as an opponent who needs to be run into the ground.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ah, shoot. That didn't occur to me. Sucks, because I can't add a poll.

This looks like a job for...

...a moderator! :P

EDIT: Poll added. I considered making it more complicated by having the options be to choose a game version AND starter, but I thought that might get too confusing. We can do a game version one when it gets closer to release and there's more info on version differences for people to base their decision on.

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
From what I understood from the whole thing, and correct me if i'm wrong, Verli is calling out people who use those hacked IV/nature Dittos for breeding, right? I wonder how many of the fan battles Verli puts on his battles feature "genned" pokémon. :laugh:

Anyways, I can see his point. It's indeed a "time saving" procedure and I remember, when I was younger and playing a MMORPG, that I was really mad whenever people used 2 or more accounts to avoid having to build teams to go EXP ; this was also a time saving procedure, in a different way though.

The problem, however, is that with the amount of "hacked" pokémon now in circulation (only talking about those that were breed from "hacked" dittos), there isn't really anything that can be done.

Breeding, as a whole, is just a long process, totally based on luck and randomness. This is why I don't mind people using these Dittos, because Gamefreak, unless I'm forgetting something, has never put something to ensure getting certain IVs or whatever into the game (besides IV breeding). An item that would ensure a certain IV is passed, for instance.

In the end, just the add of that kind of item would allow anyone to legimitely "IV breeders" like those hacked Dittos, since with good management of the breeding, and still some time - but that time would be cut down by a lot -, you could pass down the IVs that you absolutely want.

It would also be cool, maybe, to add a new feature, let's say DNA Modification, that could allow a trainer to slightly modify the IVs of a Pokémon; since IVs are pretty much related to a Pokémon's genome, after all.

We've seen the EV training stuff from last gen - which IMO was an amazing add, and now something for IVs could be nice for this gen.

I'd let natures be somewhat random, however. Maybe something like if you're breeding with a Pokémon that has a +SpAtk -Def nature, you the probability of getting the natures would be something like that (no number, just order) :
1. +SpAtk, -Def
2. All +SpAtk and all -Def remaining
3. The rest
4. All +Def and All -SpAtk besides -SpAtk, +Def
5. -SpAtk, +Def

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
**** YES I GOT MY SHINY MUDKIP, took me 838 eggs. x/31/31/31/31/31

The lv.1 Mudkip I used as a parent is now level 66.

Rowlett is the correct answer

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Now that the poll is up, voted Litten. The fire starter is always safe to me, water pokemon are easy to find and grass aren't the most useful in the late game (in my opinion/experience, anyway).

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
DBU will vote Popplio when he sees it. He loves Popplio.

I do but I'm honestly leaning towards Rowlet.

That said, if/when we find out the final evo typings, that'll likely solidify my decision lol

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
From what I understood from the whole thing, and correct me if i'm wrong, Verli is calling out people who use those hacked IV/nature Dittos for breeding, right? I wonder how many of the fan battles Verli puts on his battles feature "genned" pokémon. :laugh:

Anyways, I can see his point. It's indeed a "time saving" procedure and I remember, when I was younger and playing a MMORPG, that I was really mad whenever people used 2 or more accounts to avoid having to build teams to go EXP ; this was also a time saving procedure, in a different way though.

The problem, however, is that with the amount of "hacked" pokémon now in circulation (only talking about those that were breed from "hacked" dittos), there isn't really anything that can be done.

Breeding, as a whole, is just a long process, totally based on luck and randomness. This is why I don't mind people using these Dittos, because Gamefreak, unless I'm forgetting something, has never put something to ensure getting certain IVs or whatever into the game (besides IV breeding). An item that would ensure a certain IV is passed, for instance.

In the end, just the add of that kind of item would allow anyone to legimitely "IV breeders" like those hacked Dittos, since with good management of the breeding, and still some time - but that time would be cut down by a lot -, you could pass down the IVs that you absolutely want.

It would also be cool, maybe, to add a new feature, let's say DNA Modification, that could allow a trainer to slightly modify the IVs of a Pokémon; since IVs are pretty much related to a Pokémon's genome, after all.

We've seen the EV training stuff from last gen - which IMO was an amazing add, and now something for IVs could be nice for this gen.

I'd let natures be somewhat random, however. Maybe something like if you're breeding with a Pokémon that has a +SpAtk -Def nature, you the probability of getting the natures would be something like that (no number, just order) :
1. +SpAtk, -Def
2. All +SpAtk and all -Def remaining
3. The rest
4. All +Def and All -SpAtk besides -SpAtk, +Def
5. -SpAtk, +Def
I actually think that they have done a good job of simplifying the breeding process with the destiny knot, everstone, and power items. The power items actually do ensure that one specific IV is passed down, but then you're stuck without one of either the destiny knot or everstone.

Verlisify is calling out all types of Genning. But his argument isn't really what I have an issue with, it's his method of arguing. You can even see it in the posted Twitter conversation that Wolfe provided. It starts fairly civil, but by the end Verlis is getting accusatory and Wolfe decides to drop it because he recognizes that the argument is circular and neither are going to change the others mind. Then Verlis decides to take this conversation and publicly call out Wolfe in an unfair manner, and then gets even more accusatory and hateful when Wolfe took offense to this private conversation being made public. He escalated the conversation to a point that it never need to get to, when his "opponent" tried to disengage.

And Wolfe isn't even advocating or admitting to cheating/ genning. He's saying that it isn't worth a public witch hunt because the people doing it aren't hurting anyone. That doesn't seem like an unfair stance to take. To me it seems like Verlisify is just trying to stir up drama for no real good reason, since he seems to really thrive on the attention. He's actually continued to attack Wolfe today, despite Wolfe not saying anything since he posted his video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad