Pogge having a tough time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
loudi94 said:
Not to split hairs- but there wasn't too much pressure at the WJC. Pretty much just had to be steady.

Are you confusing Pogge with Jeff Glass?

Bob McKenzie said before the tournament that Pogge had to put up a Manny Legace-type preformance inorder for Canada to win it all.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=147207

I think when you talk about an underdog team - like Team Canada - you always go back to goaltending. As long as I've covered this tournament if you are an underdog team the way you steal gold or get to a gold-medal game - great goaltending.

In 1990 it was Stephane Fiset who stole gold for Canada. In 1993 Manny Legace stole gold for Canada. In 1999 Roberto Luongo stood on his head to get to an overtime loss to the Russians in the gold-medal game. So Justin Pogge, the number one goaltender for this team, is going to have to be the best goaltender in the tournament if Canada is going to win gold this year.

If that's not pressure then I don't know what is.

mooseOAK*

loudi94 said:
Not to split hairs- but there wasn't too much pressure at the WJC. Pretty much just had to be steady.
Probably could have said the same thing about Fleury.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Honus Joglund said:

Bob McKenzie said before the tournament that Pogge had to put up a Manny Legace-type preformance inorder for Canada to win it all.

I think when you talk about an underdog team - like Team Canada - you always go back to goaltending. As long as I've covered this tournament if you are an underdog team the way you steal gold or get to a gold-medal game - great goaltending.

In 1990 it was Stephane Fiset who stole gold for Canada. In 1993 Manny Legace stole gold for Canada. In 1999 Roberto Luongo stood on his head to get to an overtime loss to the Russians in the gold-medal game. So Justin Pogge, the number one goaltender for this team, is going to have to be the best goaltender in the tournament if Canada is going to win gold this year.

He was definetly not the best goalie in the tourney!
Rask is easily the better prospect of the two. Pogge is a solid calm goalie. a little overrated by leafs fans but everyone overrates their prospects a little. IMO Price and Rask will be headlining the Leafs-Habs rivalry for years to come.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Honus Joglund said:

I know what was said, he just didn't have to deliver a superhuman performance. He was good, but certainly wasn't the difference between winning and losing. Fleury, as was mentioned in another post was a great example of a goalie being the difference between winning and losing.

Transported Upstater

SSJTOM said:
NO I CAN'T STOP YELLING! CAUSE THAT'S HOW I TALK! AIN'T YOU NEVER SEEN NONE OF MY MOVIES?
Juiced, that was a good one.
DEEP BLUE SEA!
THEY ATE ME!
A ****ING SHARK ATE ME!

YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!!!!

(eats peanuts)

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
loudi94 said:
Fleury, as was mentioned in another post was a great example of a goalie being the difference between winning and losing.

You mean in that he helped them lose the gold in 2004?

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Rask is obviously the Leafs #1 goalie prospect, Pogge was overated by HF'ers when he was upgraded to a 8.0C(equal to Rask and Price) I don't like that ratting too much, reason being is I think 8 is too high for Pogge, as well I think C is too low, maybe it's just a gut feeling but Pogge has improved himself every year, he just keeps getting better, especially considering how late he waited before starting hockey.

I'd rate Pogge at a 6.5A or a 7.5B myself but what do I know? Pogge will have a real test next year with the Marlies and we'll see just how good he could be. I think Pogge will be either a mediocre #1 in the NHL or a damn good back-up.

Aaron Vickers said:
Buy you a beer Tuesday?

EDIT: Changed my mind, buy ME a beer Tuesday ;)

May I sugest a Samuel Jackson?

Transported Upstater

SSJTOM said:
Rask is obviously the Leafs #1 goalie prospect, Pogge was overated by HF'ers when he was upgraded to a 8.0C(equal to Rask and Price) I don't like that ratting too much, reason being is I think 8 is too high for Pogge, as well I think C is too low, maybe it's just a gut feeling but Pogge has improved himself every year, he just keeps getting better, especially considering how late he waited before starting hockey.

I'd rate Pogge at a 6.5A or a 7.5B myself but what do I know? Pogge will have a real test next year with the Marlies and we'll see just how good he could be. I think Pogge will be either a mediocre #1 in the NHL or a damn good back-up.

May I sugest a Samuel Jackson?

Good ****ing choice mother ****er!!!!!

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
pit said:
You mean in that he helped them lose the gold in 2004?
Almost singlehandedly so. Pascal Leclaire was another keeper that crapped himself in the WJC. Michaud should have played in the final that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad