Pogge having a tough time

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Pogge and the Hitmen just dropped another game to the underdog Lethbridge Hurricanes to fall 2-1 in games. I saw games 1 and 2 and Pogge was not sharp at all. He let in 6 tonight and even went so far as to change his goalie pads after the second period. It could be a symptom of the entire team's lackluster play. They all were sporting mohawks and are sporting camoflauge outfits for the playoffs. I think they forgot that they actually had to play the games. As a future NHLer it's good he gets a taste of adversity now instead of when it really matters.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Vinland said:
His worst game as a Hitmen. He was brutal.

You must've missed a game against Kootenay in February (I believe).

As a comment on his equipment, I'm not sure why Pogge is even trying to break in a new set of equipment. Granted, gear nowadays doesn't take that long at all to get used to, especially considering they're a carbon copy of his old equipment, but goaltenders are a superstitious bunch.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
H N I C said:
Hopefully him and the Hitmen bounce back.
Hopefully they don't bounce back until next season :)

Vinland, I'm not sure if you made the trip to see games 1 and 2 but he was awfully shaky in both games. In game two it was obvious the 'Canes got to him as he started taking a few pokes at the players buzzing around.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Aaron Vickers said:
As an aside, Pogge was unavailable to the media tonight after the game, as he was being 'treated'.

Hey Vicks...

I think they use "being treated" when a player doesn't want to talk.

On Saturday after game 2.....for some reason Fadden, Yellow and Wick "were all being treated" and didn't talk to the media.

I'm pretty sure the dub media rules, state all players must be available after the game, unless they are in the trainers room.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
loudi94 said:
Hopefully they don't bounce back until next season :)

Vinland, I'm not sure if you made the trip to see games 1 and 2 but he was awfully shaky in both games. In game two it was obvious the 'Canes got to him as he started taking a few pokes at the players buzzing around.

Hey man,

Did you get up to the game tonight? Or just listen on the radio.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Nielson81 said:
Hey man,

Did you get up to the game tonight? Or just listen on the radio.
Radio only. I might go up for game 5 if it's an afternoon game. What was the attendance? Never mind- almost 11,000.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Nielson81 said:
Sure beats the 2900 pathetic turnout in Lethbridge on Saturday, are you kidding me
Seeing as you don't pay $20 to get in and have to deal with the wonderful people at the ticket center, you may not understand. ;)
Buying a 10 game pack this season turned a lot of season ticket holders off, especially seniors. Only good thing is the guys tearing tickets don't look at the game number, so the 10 game pack I had to order is being "subsidized" somewhat.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
Oh I can understand where you are coming from.

It would be tough to spend 20 bucks on a game to see a team that had lost 8 in a row to end the season.

Maybe things will be differnt in Game 6, series will be on the line, one way or the other.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Nielson81 said:
Oh I can understand where you are coming from.

It would be tough to spend 20 bucks on a game to see a team that had lost 8 in a row to end the season.

Maybe things will be differnt in Game 6, series will be on the line, one way or the other.

Once the LCC/UofL crowd gets into it, the place will rock. Until then, we're looking at 3000-3500 fans. I do wonder how deep seeded the resentment towards management has become for some fans. I heard buddy at DQ is choked he didn't get to do the burgers for the tailgate even though he spends close to 20G in advertising.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Roo said:
Tuuka Rask > Justin Pogge... >>> Carey Price :D

jk

So now, after 2 bad games, Rask is the new favorite, I knew some of the Hab fans were bandwagoners, happy to see that it's not only us..... :D

By the way, I was not trolling, flaming or baiting, I was just responding to that marvelous thread ''who's better than Pogge'' that I thought was condescending. If you want to discuss who the best WHL or CHL goalie of the league, why can't you just ask it that way instead of the way it was mentioned.

And by the way, I like both of the Leafs prospects but think Price's ceiling is superior 'cause of his size, agility and his great composure, but he's a greater risk of being a bust because of his inconsistency. But I just hope that next year, he could have the same luxury as Pogge had, which is playing for a great team......

We will soon see....

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Matrix said:
So now, after 2 bad games, Rask is the new favorite, I knew some of the Hab fans were bandwagoners, happy to see that it's not only us..... :D

By the way, I was not trolling, flaming or baiting, I was just responding to that marvelous thread ''who's better than Pogge'' that I thought was condescending. If you want to discuss who the best WHL or CHL goalie of the league, why can't you just ask it that way instead of the way it was mentioned.

And by the way, I like both of the Leafs prospects but think Price's ceiling is superior 'cause of his size, agility and his great composure, but he's a greater risk of being a bust because of his inconsistency. But I just hope that next year, he could have the same luxury as Pogge had, which is playing for a great team......

We will soon see....

If you are looking for the best goalie in the CHL, I think Pavelic from the Q needs to be in the discussion. As just a rookie in the Q, he dominated and easily put up the best numbers of any goalie in that league.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Matrix said:

We will soon see....
Actually im pretty sure the majority of leafs fans have always thought Rask was better then Pogge.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Matrix said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure Rask was already the favorite.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Matrix said:
By the way, I was not trolling, flaming or baiting, I was just responding to that marvelous thread ''who's better than Pogge'' that I thought was condescending.

yeah, i saw that ghey thread, some fans get too caught up in the hype.

Matrix said:

I think Rask's agility is what puts him above Pogge for now. Both leaf prospects are big (Rask 6'2", Pogge 6'3"), and both have shown good composure so far. But you're right, Price hasnt played on team as good as Pogge's, and that will affect his performance. With this difference, and the fact that Pogge is older than Price, i think Rask & Price are more level comparisons.

Also, i think most leaf fans have always seen Rask as a better prospect than Pogge, even until now with all of Pogge's success.

Last edited:

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
You know that's funny about Pogge.

He got new gear just prior to the playoffs, all black stuff, matching Hitmen colors, which never really made sense to me because he is pretty much done with the Hitmen anyway.

But last night between the 2nd and 3rd periods, he swtiched his gear, came back out with the familiar old white stuff he'd used for years, including in the WJC.

Don't know if a goalie has ever done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad