Pogge having a tough time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I recently seen a segment on Sportsnet or TSN.. can't remember...

Pogge recently changed his equipment. Went to black pads. I think this is a big advantage to shooters, due to the contrast of the pads to the net. Maybe not a reason for a goalie to all of a sudden start playing bad.. But it maybe doesn't help.

Same type of thing with MAF. His pads are solid yellow.

mooseOAK*

Scugs said:
I recently seen a segment on Sportsnet or TSN.. can't remember...

Pogge recently changed his equipment. Went to black pads. I think this is a big advantage to shooters, due to the contrast of the pads to the net. Maybe not a reason for a goalie to all of a sudden start playing bad.. But it maybe doesn't help.

Same type of thing with MAF. His pads are solid yellow.
Should have bought blue and white pads.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
HAHAHAHA. Pogge has like 2 bad games nad now people are all over him. thats all fine and dandy but hes still one of if not the best goalie in the CHL and will be a great NHL'ER.

Roy G Biv*

shaner89 said:
HAHAHAHA. Pogge has like 2 bad games nad now people are all over him. thats all fine and dandy but hes still one of if not the best goalie in the CHL and will be a great NHL'ER.

bust

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Nielson81 said:
You know that's funny about Pogge.

He got new gear just prior to the playoffs, all black stuff, matching Hitmen colors, which never really made sense to me because he is pretty much done with the Hitmen anyway.

But last night between the 2nd and 3rd periods, he swtiched his gear, came back out with the familiar old white stuff he'd used for years, including in the WJC.

Don't know if a goalie has ever done that.
Not sure about playoffs but in Spokane this year Jim Watt decided to break in some new RBK pads during a game against Everett. He let in 3 goals 5 hole style and came out the next period with his old pads on.

As for Pogge's play, he hasnt been the same goalie since the WJ's. He had some inconsistencys in the 2nd half of the season. Whether its from the fatique of playing in the WJC's, and the a majority of the Hitmen games or maybe even getting the contract took some focus away.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I'ma have to have a talkin too with this boy.

No Poggemon of mine is going to choke under pressure! I'll have him listen to the Karate Kid Theme song for hours if I have to but damnit he'll return to his overpowering play in no time.

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
SSJTOM said:
I'ma have to have a talkin too with this boy.

No Poggemon of mine is going to choke under pressure! I'll have him listen to the Karate Kid Theme song for hours if I have to but damnit he'll return to his overpowering play in no time.

Seems like Pogo's back in the groove. By the way, I love your beer.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
NO I CAN'T STOP YELLING! CAUSE THAT'S HOW I TALK! AIN'T YOU NEVER SEEN NONE OF MY MOVIES?
Juiced, that was a good one.
DEEP BLUE SEA!
THEY ATE ME!
A ****ING SHARK ATE ME!

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
SSJTOM said:
NO I CAN'T STOP YELLING! CAUSE THAT'S HOW I TALK! AIN'T YOU NEVER SEEN NONE OF MY MOVIES?
Juiced, that was a good one.
DEEP BLUE SEA!
THEY ATE ME!
A ****ING SHARK ATE ME!

Yes, they deserve to die...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
shaner89 said:

I personally think he will go the way of other great goalies in the World Junior Championship who had limited success in the NHL. Rask on the other hand will be the Leafs goalie of the future.

Geese_Howard*

boredmale said:
I personally think he will go the way of other great goalies in the World Junior Championship who had limited success in the NHL. Rask on the other hand will be the Leafs goalie of the future.

majority of leaf fans see Rask as the better prospect, but we see that a little friendly competiton will do both goalie wonders. The one thing I like about Pogge is he doesnt get rattled or down on himself... I think thats a very good trait for a goalie.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Mathieu Garon = overrated. Talented, sure. But when you choke in the post-season at the Junior level, you just know there are mental toughness issues. He choked in the Q playoffs, and then choked repeatedly in the playoffs in the AHL. And now look at him in the NHL. An average starter at best.

ooopps sorry, this is a thread about Justin Pogge.

mooseOAK*

AH said:
Mathieu Garon = overrated. Talented, sure. But when you choke in the post-season at the Junior level, you just know there are mental toughness issues. He choked in the Q playoffs, and then choked repeatedly in the playoffs in the AHL. And now look at him in the NHL. An average starter at best.

ooopps sorry, this is a thread about Justin Pogge.
Pogge stopped 32 of 33 shots last night in a must win.

Nice timing.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Pogge definetly returned to form last night.

But I would once again give the egde to the Hurricanes, when are the rest of the Hitmen going to step up.

I'm hoping for a Caglary win on Saturday, Canes on Sunday, cuz I have plans to come to cow town for Game 7

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Zamboner said:

another jealous sens fan. i love it. i guess i would hate everything about the leafs too if my team lost EVERY year to them.. oh well Pogge will be another addition to the leafs success in beating the worst playoff team around

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
mooseOAK said:
Pogge stopped 32 of 33 shots last night in a must win.

Nice timing.

Lets not forget how he choked under pressure at the WJC.

And how he choked in the 2004-05 playoffs posting a putrid 1.94 GAA and .928 save % in 12 postseason games.

Overrated indeed.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
think/blue said:
Lets not forget how he choked under pressure at the WJC.

And how he choked in the 2004-05 playoffs posting a putrid 1.94 GAA and .928 save % in 12 postseason games.

Overrated indeed.
Not to split hairs- but there wasn't too much pressure at the WJC. Pretty much just had to be steady.

Found out that the Hitmen box office refused to let Hurricane fans sit behind Pogge last night because they distracted him in game 3 by chanting his name. The mind games continue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad