GDT: PO Game 6 | Columbus vs. Washington | 4/23 7:30PM | CNBC, FSOhio

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
There are roughly 400 tickets left on ticketmaster. I just got a text from the CBJ that allows me to purchase a Sky Terrace seat for $40. I'm not gung ho about 2 hours of rain driving but I'll probably do it.

EDIT; **************I snoozed and I lost. All those tix are gone******************Ima bigdummy

One thing that I've noticed about CBJ ticket buyers is that hardly any tickets seem to get sold on game day. Almost everyone who goes to games seems to buy tickets well in advance.
I just got on Ticketmaster and there appear to be about 150 to 200 unsold tickets. There are many more available for resale. I think the game will end up selling out, but there will be a noticeable number of empty seats if people don't scalp much before the game. I have season tickets so it's not a question for me where I'll be at 7:30 tonight, but I think the last three games have turned off some of the bandwagon fans. Certainly no attendance records tonight.

JacketsWatcher

Jan 8, 2011
In game 3 of the regular season against Carolina, Torts put Milano on the ice in OT and it resulted in a goal for Milano. That type of thinking would have been nice to see in this series.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Looking for CBJ to play wide open tonight. No tomorrow mentality.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Looking for CBJ to play wide open tonight. No tomorrow mentality.

I understand this thinking and am not necessarily against it but does it fit? Doesn't sound very Torts-ian. Plus, it's not like what they've been doing hasn't put them in position to win 4 of the 5 games in this series.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
In game 3 of the regular season against Carolina, Torts put Milano on the ice in OT and it resulted in a goal for Milano. That type of thinking would have been nice to see in this series.
I like Milano, but he's been extremely underwhelming in the series. He just looks like the smallest 200 pounder in the NHL. A boy amount men.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Corsi and other analytics are quickly becoming the hockey version of "the book" that baseball managers use to justify dumb decisions. Someone mentioned Bjorkstrands Corsi number as being good. Here are some numbers that aren't good. From Jan 1 til the end of the season Bjorkstrand had 5 goals in 42 games including 2 against Dallas. I want Oliver to be successful, but he's got to do a lot better than that--Corsi be damned.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Corsi and other analytics are quickly becoming the hockey version of "the book" that baseball managers use to justify dumb decisions. Someone mentioned Bjorkstrands Corsi number as being good. Here are some numbers that aren't good. From Jan 1 til the end of the season Bjorkstrand had 5 goals in 42 games including 2 against Dallas. I want Oliver to be successful, but he's got to do a lot better than that--Corsi be damned.

Pretty sure you could substitute William Karlsson's name in there during the playoffs last year. Be careful who you give up on.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I understand this thinking and am not necessarily against it but does it fit? Doesn't sound very Torts-ian. Plus, it's not like what they've been doing hasn't put them in position to win 4 of the 5 games in this series.
Like how they played game trade deadline night when they beat the Caps 5 to 1. Just hoping more than anything.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'm speaking only for me, but that game 4 no-show killed all faith for me. That unwillingness to compete was telling.

AO promised to even series, they walked the walk. Torts saying we will get to game 7 seems empty.

That game was a casual fan killer. Something the CBJ are absolute experts at.

If you dropped $120+ on that game, would you be in a hurry to do it again?

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Was weird walking by the arena at lunch today. All the fanfare, fox sports studio and 'nhl playoffs' banners were gone. It was just like any other day. Almost as depressing as the results/effort of the last two games....

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Let's not make this our last 60 minutes of hockey shall we? Even if we lose the series it would be great for the fans and for the players development to push it to game seven.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
That game was a casual fan killer. Something the CBJ are absolute experts at.
If you dropped $120+ on that game, would you be in a hurry to do it again?

I'll be honest, I'm never going to spend money like that on a ticket again and I'm not a casual fan. I'm not even sure I would if I won the lottery or something. Doesn't matter if we win/lose, it's not worth it.

Reactions: aRussian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad