Calvert-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky-Letestu-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
Cole-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Inactive
Broadhurst, Carlsson, Chorney, Collins, Gaunce, Hannikainen, Harrington, Johnson, Kivlenieks, Kukan, Milano, Schroeder, Scott, Zatkoff

Injured
Sedlak

Washington Lineup
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Stephenson-Backstrom-Oshie
Connolly-Eller-Smith-Pelly
Vrana-Beagle-Chiasson

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Djoos

Holtby
Grubauer

Inactive
Bowey, Boyd, Copley, Gersich, Jerabek, Pinho

Injured
Burakovsky

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
370D5DAD-5E3E-4D38-A14D-4C3D6C0A809F.gif
AE6269B8-CBF5-4C12-B6F1-87E4069FBFFF.gif
25346445-FBC5-43A4-A3B2-985595014FF3.gif
06B0FF4B-3A09-4287-A2BA-BC19243D478D.gif

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I've been watching the reaction from teams as they close out their series with a win and it's remarkable how nonchalant they saunter over to congratulate the goalie after the game. Wouldn't it be nice to have the confidence that comes with winning that the first round is no big deal.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I hate being in the downer group but I don't think they have it in them to elevate their game to the next level. How did they close out leads all season? Turtled and held on hoping Bob would be their salvation. Good teams would put on the pressure in key moments. Haven't been able to manage our team play like that this post season and have had too many passengers on any given night.

Would love to force a game seven and get at least one home win, but CBJ have a way of finding new ways to disappoint. Two record sellouts? One fair loss, one you don't even show for.

Done ranting, let's get this over with!

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Columbus Lineup
Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Jenner-Wennberg-Vanek
Calvert-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky-Letestu-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
Cole-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Inactive
Broadhurst, Carlsson, Chorney, Collins, Gaunce, Hannikainen, Harrington, Johnson, Kivlenieks, Kukan, Milano, Schroeder, Scott, Zatkoff

Injured
Sedlak

Washington Lineup
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Stephenson-Backstrom-Oshie
Connolly-Eller-Smith-Pelly
Vrana-Beagle-Chiasson

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Djoos

Holtby
Grubauer

Inactive
Bowey, Boyd, Copley, Gersich, Jerabek, Pinho

Injured
Burakovsky

Man. For those fans who are on a modest budget--tonight is the night to buy tickets. Big difference in price on secondary market compared to games 3 &4.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Would love to force a game seven and get at least one home win, but CBJ have a way of finding new ways to disappoint.

I did a search of my posts for the word justice, because I have posted on the concept in the past as relates to Jeff Carter's success and Rick Nash's returns to Columbus and the like. There are surely more times than not that what I would call "justice" has not been served by the hockey gods.

I point this out as a way of getting into the topic of Caps (and Pens) fans posting as if the outcome of these series was foretold, that Caps-Pens is destined and that, well, the CBJ are mere bystanders to these other clubs' histories. That's f***ing bullshit.

So I'm here to implore the hockey gods to intervene on the right side of justice, both tonight and in game 7. Not that the Jackets can't win otherwise - the series has been pretty damned even for sure. But a right and just outcome is warranted here. Jackets fans deserve it. Justice, I cry!

Last edited:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I say we win tonight, and it is an epic beatdown 4-1 good guys. At least one goal from the Blue line if not two. After we win, the whole feeling of the series shifts and the Caps begin to really think "oh no not again". Blue Jackets are young, they have no long term memory of winning the Presidents trophy and fizzling into the night. "Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

PS, no consolations, we are young, and maybe next year.. win the fricking game there are no promised tomorrows!!

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I did a search of my posts for the word justice, because I have posted on the concept in the past as relates to Jeff Carter's success and Rick Nash's returns to Columbus and the like. There are surely more times than not that what I would call "justice" has not been served by the hockey gods.

I point this out as a way of getting into the topic of Caps (and Pens) fans posting as if the outcome of these series was foretold, that Caps-Pens is destined and that, well, the CBJ are mere bystanders to these other clubs' histories. That's ****ing bull****.

So I'm here to implore the hockey gods to intervene on the right side of justice, both tonight and in game 7. Not that the Jackets can't win otherwise - the series has been pretty damned even for sure. But a right and just outcome is warranted here. Jackets fans deserve it. Justice, I cry!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I've been watching the reaction from teams as they close out their series with a win and it's remarkable how nonchalant they saunter over to congratulate the goalie after the game. Wouldn't it be nice to have the confidence that comes with winning that the first round is no big deal.

I had the exact same thoughts when I watched Pittsburgh and Nashville right at the buzzer.

Those teams expect to win. When you get down to it, a first round win only puts a team in the top 25% of the NHL which, for a team which has established a winning tradition, is not a big deal nor should it be.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
We need the powerplay back in this game. Hopefully they play every period like they played the 3rd period in game 5.

Also, here's my "pisses me off stat of the series". The Capitals have 16 non-empty net goals this series: 7 of them have been scored on some sort of deflection, be it off a stick, player, or skate. 5 of their 8 non-empty net even strength goals have come off a deflection.

That ratio is absurd, and there's no other way to put it. Not saying the Jackets haven't had lucky breaks, but the amount of luck that comes with that ratio is ridiculous.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
Also, here's my "pisses me off stat of the series". The Capitals have 16 non-empty net goals this series: 7 of them have been scored on some sort of deflection, be it off a stick, player, or skate. 5 of their 8 non-empty net even strength goals have come off a deflection.

That ratio is absurd, and there's no other way to put it. Not saying the Jackets haven't had lucky breaks, but the amount of luck that comes with that ratio is ridiculous.

There is no luck if you have men in the war zone.

The Eller goal in example was pure skill in positioning and he was rewarded, rightfully, for being the best overtime player that night. It ain't luck but an earned privilege, not by birth but by play.

In another example the Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson line had no way into the opponent's war zone in these couple last games because Atkinson's game does not fit the puzzle so it ain't no chance. I would expect this experiment to be over by period two.

Then we have the solitary man Calvert who plays his own dividual war, best with the non-offensive Dubinsky as his center, even then putting up a pretty meager show. In the long game I believe Calvert's position opening up would strengthen up the Blue Jackets numbers if one would not anymore be one but many.

Reactions: Columbus Mike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad