GDT: PO Game 5: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/20 7PM

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
They're not trading Bob.

They didn't make major changes after last season and they're not doing it after this season. Tweaks, yes, but no major changes. They're going to want guys to grow into their roles.

And Spezza? Seriously? We're back to that guy? Next thing you know someone will also want Antropov.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Malkin was flopping all over too. Lost respect for him.

I like Torts overall but he needs to be more professional in these losing interviews. Acted like a dope over standard postgame questions.

Well in fairness, I've seen Wennberg exaggerate a couple of hits this season. Just saying.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Spezza in lieu of Benn. I think they might.
Ew. No thanks. Spezza isn't worth Bob. He's not much better than Dubinsky.

I doubt it but you never know. Dallas ain't going to win anything with crappy goaltending. If they think Bob can overcome his playoff blues why wouldn't they?

Are they a better team with Bob & one of the two you mentioned or with Lehtonen & both? I think you have to look at it that way versus the individual players.

Add one of those two & sign Scott Darling as a UFA and we're a hell of a better team imo.

No kidding. We'd probably have the 2nd best offense in the NHL behind Pittsburgh. But that's not happening because Dallas isn't trading either of those guys, especially for a goalie, and we're not trading Bob.

If Dallas was smart they'd try to get MAF this summer. Either him or Ben Bishop.

First, figure out who in their right mind would trade a #1 center - or more likely, potential #1 center.

Bingo. not many, and if they would, not cheap.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
any trade with Dallas likely involves them moving a goalie. They need to unload one of Niemi (4.5M) or Lehtonen (5.9M) before they can add someone. Both have another year of contract.

Mind you, Spezza has a hit of 7.5M, Sequin 5.75M and Benn is at 9.5M
Man seguin is on a great contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad