GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/23 7PM EDT

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Didn't see this posted.

very cool!

when they lined up for the faceoff after the goal, I noticed Bob, so I restarted the video to see what his reaction was when the goal went in. Completely spacing that he'd been pulled. :facepalm: :laugh:

(I shouldn't have admitted that)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Didn't see this posted.

Funny the things you see-I just watched this to get the morn off to a jump start and noticed in the last 20 seconds or so a guy in the crowd (lower left for those who are curious or nuts enough to watch to see)wearing a Dubi jersey doing a celebratory dance that looks like he has to go to the john. :laugh:

Jacket Junkie

Mar 26, 2006
Nationwide Areena
Sorry if I missed any post, but got give a shout out for David Savard.

Awesome game and probably most over-looked player on this team. His D on this night was top-notched.

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Living in the "Centre of the Hockey Universe" does have a few advantages... The Jackets have gotten some attention all season. They have been regularly discussed by the television and sports guys but not so much as to be considered serious contenders this season. The notice and discussion has grown throughout the year. There are some, such as McGuire, who have been steadily praising the patience and rise of the organization. The Blue Jackets aren't going to get respect or "love" just for being in the NHL, they have to earn that and this season the team has done just that. Rest assured, the reputation of being every team's "*****" has been fully vanquished!! (And the best bonus for me? I no longer get the remark, "Oh, you're a Rick Nash fan.")

Last edited:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I have it on my dvr since I am out of market but I don't know how to get it to you.

Thanks for the thought:)

Do you have Time Warner? If you download the TWCTV app on your phone or tablet, the NBCSN feed on there isn't blacked out.

No. Use DirecTV. Couldn't stand TWC and left them for good about 16 years ago.

Pierre has actually been speaking highly of our team for much longer than that. From the off season, an interview at the draft with Rimer:

That's why I was hoping to view some of the NBCSports feeds, even if in replay. I like to hear outside perspectives.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks for the thought:)

No. Use DirecTV. Couldn't stand TWC and left them for good about 16 years ago.

That's why I was hoping to view some of the NBCSports feeds, even if in replay. I like to hear outside perspectives.

There are a bunch on youtube, someone posted 2 of the links that are NBC in this thread

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Upon reflection, that might have been one of the best hockey game I've witnessed live in my entire life. That's speaking as a day one Chill STH, a day one CBJ STH and a fan of another NHL team before that (that shall not be spoken of in this thread).

That was the best hockey game I've ever been to. It's almost 48 hours later and I'm still beaming. I'll remember that one forever.

It was a bonus that the ahole Penguins fans across the aisle were silenced so justly because they were world class obnoxious after each of the first three goals. They got what they deserved from us as they walked out in their chinese counterfeit baby blue Crosby jerseys.

Not sure if anyone gave credit but I have to give credit to Dubinsky on the tying goal. It seemed like it was an empty net shot but it looked like Duby did a nice job shooting it in between Crosby and Letang who both went down to block the shot. Maybe it's the camera angle but it didn't seem like an easy shot to make.

I've watched the replay probably 50 times and I can't figure out how he got it through. It's amazing neither Crosby and Letang got a body part on it.

Last edited:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I've watched the replay probably 50 times and I can't figure out how he got it through. It's amazing neither Crosby and Letang got a body part on it.

I can't either. I would love to see the 360 degree camera of that shot and see just where it fit in between those two guys.

The whole sequence was the definition of bounces going your way (well, and sprinkle in some MAF headcheese), including Joey being able to get the puck out in front. I kind of want to stop watching the replay because I'm afraid one of these times Duby's shot is going to get deflected into the corner!

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site

Watch the NBCSN replay of the tying goal. Dubie got it through because as it turns out...Crosby has a wickedly large five hole.

I've watched both this highlight and the overtime winner on both NBCSN and Hockey Night in Canada many times and so many "puck luck" things happen on both plays. The puck hops over MAF's stick, right to Johansen and somehow his blind centering pass finds Dubie and his shot at the open net goes right between Crosby's legs and Letang couldn't get there in time.

On the winner, Umberger makes a great block, but has the sense to put his hand in front of his face. The puck comes back to him, Wiz dives to force the turnover, more puck luck that it ended up with RJ who had the sense to make a blind pass to Foligno, the puck goes on edge, causing his shot to float and dive like a knuckle ball. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Best part is Pierre Maguire's analysis of the winner. "The Pens better Buckle Up now, because Columbus is headed down the highway with a whole lot of speed." Also, I still get a chuckle that MAF couldn't get off the ice fast enough. He was totally rattled and not only did he know it, but so did anyone watching the game live or on TV.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Watch the NBCSN replay of the tying goal. Dubie got it through because as it turns out...Crosby has a wickedly large five hole.

I've watched both this highlight and the overtime winner on both NBCSN and Hockey Night in Canada many times and so many "puck luck" things happen on both plays. The puck hops over MAF's stick, right to Johansen and somehow his blind centering pass finds Dubie and his shot at the open net goes right between Crosby's legs and Letang couldn't get there in time.

On the winner, Umberger makes a great block, but has the sense to put his hand in front of his face. The puck comes back to him, Wiz dives to force the turnover, more puck luck that it ended up with RJ who had the sense to make a blind pass to Foligno, the puck goes on edge, causing his shot to float and dive like a knuckle ball. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Best part is Pierre Maguire's analysis of the winner. "The Pens better Buckle Up now, because Columbus is headed down the highway with a whole lot of speed." Also, I still get a chuckle that MAF couldn't get off the ice fast enough. He was totally rattled and not only did he know it, but so did anyone watching the game live or on TV.

Good teams create their own puck luck. There was a lot of luck involved, but if the players were not in the right positions and fighting every second to make the play none of it would have happened.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
agreed Kev...we finally got the puck luck we have been asking for all year...

I will never, ever forget the look on my buddy's face right after Dubinsky scored. It was a look of utter shock, bewilderment and disbelief, as if to ask, all with one facial expression, "what just happened?" "um, what just happened?" "no seriously what happened?" "did that really just happen?" all at the same time. Did I mention we saw the whole thing?

He has been a Jackets fan for a long time.

eljefe72

Jul 28, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Considering that a good percentage of the Pens' goals were of the puck luck variety (deflection off their and our players), I think the Jackets were due for one.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
People were stunned. Weird mix of jubilation and incredulous "did that really happen?" As dumb as it sounds, scoring the winning goal felt to me more like icing on the cake. Would've been disappointing had they lost, but putting that last minute body blow on a longtime tormentor team with the usual frontrunners (albeit a lot fewer of them than usual) in the crowd was sweet.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Good teams create their own puck luck. There was a lot of luck involved, but if the players were not in the right positions and fighting every second to make the play none of it would have happened.

They were pounding away for the entire third period making opportunities to tie the game. What they learned is if they keep putting the pressure on MAF, he'll eventually crack.

Startel

ChuckBartowskiMovie
Feb 15, 2014
Ive been pumping your tires to all my fellow hockey friends this year. I think you guys have what it takes to beat Pitt and also think you guys can have a very very strong team for a while. Smart Mgmt and a great fun young team to watch, with my team out (Nucks) I'll be pulling for you guys plus im real good friends with RyJo's cousin :)

eljefe72

Jul 28, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Was this game broadcast on FS Ohio? Would love to hear the home town announcer's reaction.

It was, but I can't seem to find any videos with the FS OH feed. I even went to their website. I didn't look real hard though.

EDIT: Here's a video from the Jackets' website with the radio feed. It's pretty good. You may have to scroll down to select "Foligno Game Winning Goal".

http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/videocenter/console

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I found the TSN game highlights to have the local TV broadcasters (Rimer) calling both the tying and the winning goal. Enjoyable for me to hear it coming from his mouth. No, really.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I found the TSN game highlights to have the local TV broadcasters (Rimer) calling both the tying and the winning goal. Enjoyable for me to hear it coming from his mouth. No, really.

I saw it, and I agree .. he did an excellent job conveying excitement and seemed genuinely excited himself.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Best momement i ever had watching any sport. Just amazing I had to hold my breath to not shread a tear,
I get goosbumps watching it again. Love the reaction at the bench :handclap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wlrW2BYNWA

Thanks for sharing the CBC version, and to everyone for sharing all the different versions. I have seen the Dubinsky and Foligno goals about 15-20 times and it still brings out the tears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad