GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/18 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I'm really happy we won, but only the Blue Jackets could turn a two goal lead with 30 seconds left into a hyper stressful situation.

Bob has been complete ass this series. The only time I've seen him worse was the start of last year. I have no idea what his deal is. It's baffling. Also, guys like Wennberg need to stop making panicked, bad passes just inside the blue line. You can't give this team extra chances and nearly half their goals have come off of errors on the breakout. Under discussed thing that made their 16 game win streak happen: they just didn't make mistakes, forced or unforced, like that. Their breakout was so good during that stretch.

The rest of the way if they play like tonight, if fluery plays like tonight, if they can get back to that crisp passing game they won fifty games with, and get Bobrovsky's head out of his butt, then it's not over. That's a lot of ifs. Whatever. Just glad they weren't swept and were another W away from another game in game 6. Game five will be the real test. The penguins would've had to travel back to Pittsburgh whether they won or lost last night. They'll be extra irritated to have to make another trip to Columbus for a game six.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The story the first 2 games was where is the offense? We are firing on all cylinders in that area now, Fleury was fighting it all night again, he's done. As many suspected, Quincey was great, physical all night. Nuti was great too. The Calvert line is the right one to check Crosgirl's line, they are faster and more responsible than Dubi's line. Still waiting for Bob to emerge, he's going to steal game 5, he has to. There is no way we will lose Game 6 at home, that building was unreal the entire game and the crowd is going to will them to a win in game 6! I still believe!

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Bob has been complete ass this series. The only time I've seen him worse was the start of last year. I have no idea what his deal is. It's baffling.

That's Bob's entire career. He's good for stretches and bad for others. That's what happened in Philly and they moved on from him. He's done it here (likely 2x Vezina winner, not good in playoffs, bad seasons, injury prone).
But when he's good - he's one of (if not) the best.
CBJ have to decide if they can live with that.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You know what, forget this. Team is finally getting an identity and they bow down to the almighty ohio state to get the crowd to cheer. Heaven forbid we have one night where the city forgets about football for 3 hours.

I agree. Gratuitous sucking up to OSU and showing of band wagon OSU coach wasn't necessary.

Oh yeah. G-d forbid we have the whole city united behind the Jackets. No, no, we can't allow even the appearance of acknowledging any other teams in the area. That just won't do. :rolleyes:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Bob has given up 16 goals in 4 games! YIKES! The difference between him and Fleury is that Marc has been good at home.

Pray for regular season Bob for tomorrow because we will need that Bob to get us to a game 6.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Oh yeah. G-d forbid we have the whole city united behind the Jackets. No, no, we can't allow even the appearance of acknowledging any other teams in the area. That just won't do. :rolleyes:

My thought to. The sports offset each other enough for it not to be a big deal. Now if the cavs were in Columbus it might be another story.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I'll take Urban Meyer in the house for every big game . Dude is a rockstar , and it's ok to like both sports . He loves the jackets , and was there with his son, and son in law .Plus , every big game he shows up at , the Ohio team wins . I'm not joking . He was there for Cavs , Monsters, Indians , all playing for titles , and team always wins , when he's in the house . How about we find something else to ***** about

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Bob has given up 16 goals in 4 games! YIKES! The difference between him and Fleury is that Marc has been good at home.

Pray for regular season Bob for tomorrow because we will need that Bob to get us to a game 6.

As a franchise we have played 14 playoff games in our entire history. We have given up at least 3 goals in every single one of them. We've given up 4 or more in 10 of them. That's the issue. Last night broke the 3-1 lead curse. Maybe in Game 5 we can break the 3 goal curse. Baby steps.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I agree. Gratuitous sucking up to OSU and showing of band wagon OSU coach wasn't necessary.

Jackets have always bowed down to them & kissed their ring................OSU would NEVER show any Jacket love during one of their football games.........:shakehead that was the only downer in the arena last night....(well, that & the always lame chilli chant).

and I'm an Ohio State lifer fan..............

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I'll take Urban Meyer in the house for every big game . Dude is a rockstar , and it's ok to like both sports . He loves the jackets , and was there with his son, and son in law .Plus , every big game he shows up at , the Ohio team wins . I'm not joking . He was there for Cavs , Monsters, Indians , all playing for titles , and team always wins , when he's in the house . How about we find something else to ***** about

He didn't know the jackets existed two years ago. Telling recruits there weren't any pro sports in Columbus. Show Herbstreit if OSU fans need some rock star to jack them up. At least he is actually a cbj fan.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Torts is still being an idiot. Nuti with a goal and assist and a ridiculous +16 Corsi. His reward? 9:37 TOI. Torts YOU IDIOT. You finally play the kid, he does well, and he can't get 10 minutes of ice time???

Bjorkstrand is a threat every time on the ice. He drives possession (to the tune of 67% in 4 playoff games)...and the kid can't get 10 minutes??

This team won in spite of Torts, who is making boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision with his lineup.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Torts is still being an idiot. Nuti with a goal and assist and a ridiculous +16 Corsi. His reward? 9:37 TOI. Torts YOU IDIOT. You finally play the kid, he does well, and he can't get 10 minutes of ice time???

Bjorkstrand is a threat every time on the ice. He drives possession (to the tune of 67% in 4 playoff games)...and the kid can't get 10 minutes??

This team won in spite of Torts, who is making boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision with his lineup.

just keep piling on...................

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
To the Urban Meyer thing...

I am not a fan of tOSU, nor do I dislike the school or its sports programs. I'm mixed on my feelings on the head football coach, too.

But in a city with multiple pro sports teams, if a player from one of the other teams is present at a big game, they're going to get shown on the in-arena screen. That's fine and it makes sense, and Urban/tOSU is what we have here in Columbus. (I'd be good if they found, say, Wil Trapp, or Kamara or Mensah or whomever, too.)

I could have done without the song on the speakers and the O-H-I-O chant. But we're still kinda small-time here in some ways.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Yeah the Urban thing doesn't bother me. I went to a Denver Nuggets playoff game once and Joe Sakic was there so they put him on the big screen, had him sign a puck, and the mascot tossed it into the crowd. It was one of the biggest cheers of the night, actually.

It happens everywhere.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC

I'm not saying Bob is playing his best, but in all of these comments blaming him, no one talks about the ridiculous number of point blank shots our D has allowed the Pens. It's been a shooting gallery with Bob as the target and in some ways, I'm surprised the Pens haven't scored more goals.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm not saying Bob is playing his best, but in all of these comments blaming him, no one talks about the ridiculous number of point blank shots our D has allowed the Pens. It's been a shooting gallery with Bob as the target and in some ways, I'm surprised the Pens haven't scored more goals.

It's the odd angle, weird, trickling shots that are the main reason people are blaming him, though.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
As to the team's play...

I don't like the passivity or timidity or whatever it is that our D is playing in front of Bob (who admittedly and obviously hasn't been good either). They're retreating towards Bob (this is not new and obviously how they're being coached) and yet the wall they're setting up around Bob is too far out, allowing a Pen player not only to have a stick on the ice unmolested but to stand in the crease.

My guess is the scheme is that Bob likes to "see" the puck, and if you add a defenseman trying to move out an opposing player you run the risk of further obstructing Bob's vision. I'm begrudgingly OK with this - when Bob's playing well. But I think it would benefit the D to either/or apply more pressure to Penguin players in our D zone and pull that wall in tighter around Bob when threatened.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Greatness was in the house tonight.
C9vcgFqXoAE6hIn.jpg

How do the Urban Meyer sympathizers even know he and his son were there as CBJ fans? Dude can't afford some CBJ gear? Probably a closet Pens fan. He grew up in East Ohio.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
On another topic. Any one notice when the CBJ goes on the PK, they hunker down around Bob letting the Pens (or whoever) work the puck in pretty much unchallenged for very good shots while on the other hand, the Pens aggressively attack whoever has the puck, thus disrupting our PP flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad