GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/18 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Quincey, Nutivaara, Sedlak....

All new since game three.... Calvert too....

What's Torts issue with stubbornness???? After game one everyone in the world said Quincey and Nutivaara should be playing???

Bob's been horrible, even tonight but at least they won this one.....

I'd start Korpi in Pitt Thursday, Bobrovsky is a head case in the playoffs...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Way to go. I am happy. It has come down to the goalie who makes that one save, tonight it was Bob on that back door pad save. He's looked awful, but MAF has too. Thankfully, we got a win.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
One average game from bob and this is a series. Even with crappy bob, it should be 2-2 if Dubi didn't hit MAF in the head in OT.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
One average game from bob and this is a series. Even with crappy bob, it should be 2-2 if Dubi didn't hit MAF in the head in OT.

True... but benching for the first three games Quincey, a guy we picked up for the playoffs, and Nutivaara, was a huge error by Tortorella......

That said, Bob has been so bad few defensemen in the league could have saved him.... His SV% in this series is at minor league levels....

OnYourIgnoreList

Dec 21, 2006
There was a different feel to this game - they didn't get 3 quick goals and just try to hang on. They kept up pressure, pressure, pressure, built a lead over time then just kept it up.

The Penguins have too much talent to really be completely held at bay for long, but the way this game played out felt qualitatively different from game 3.

Still got a deep hole to climb out of, but it seems more doable now.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The unneeded penalty notwithstanding I thought Quincey played ok - certainly not great but not poor. Torts rode him for 20+ minutes.....Wild Bill played his best - actually first good - game of the series. He deserved the ice time he got tonight. Andy, JJ, Nuti and Boone (except an early penalty) were also strong. Liked Matty too.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
There was a different feel to this game - they didn't get 3 quick goals and just try to hang on. They kept up pressure, pressure, pressure, built a lead over time then just kept it up.

The Penguins have too much talent to really be completely held at bay for long, but the way this game played out felt qualitatively different from game 3.

Still got a deep hole to climb out of, but it seems more doable now.

Odds are slim for a CBJ comeback..... I think 3 times in 50 years it's happened but ya never know....

If Bob can do a playoff Hasek ( I may send Bob a clip of the Dominator) it could happen....

Just win in Pitt on Thursday and it's a series.....

Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Greatness was in the house tonight.
C9vcgFqXoAE6hIn.jpg

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
There's been a lot of talk on here about the Jackets lack of game-breaking forwards. But, I still think the Jackets can have playoff success when all 4 lines are contributing like happened tonight. They have their most success when the 4 lines and 3 D pairs are rolling with goals being chipped in across the roster.

Stay with it and get the next one!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
You know what, forget this. Team is finally getting an identity and they bow down to the almighty ohio state to get the crowd to cheer. Heaven forbid we have one night where the city forgets about football for 3 hours.

I agree. Gratuitous sucking up to OSU and showing of band wagon OSU coach wasn't necessary.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This game was a matter of salvation for the soul of this team. And they pulled it out. Great game for a blood and guts team. This win saved the soul of this team. We may lose the next one and that is ok if it happens that way. But on this one nite they proved they belonged in the playoffs and that is going to be so important to the future of the franchise.

Great game Jackets !!!! However it goes from here, I am satisfied.

But Nutti and Quincy made Torts look like a fool for going with Harrington/ Carlsson for the first three games. Indeed, I think Tort's benching of Nutti was a part of the seven game slump. Nutti is a vital part of the way we played earlier in the season. He gets the puck out of our zone quickly and puts us on the offensive. I hope Torts has learned his lesson and he incorporates Nutti into the system for next year. With Carlsson because Murray will be with the Av's.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
One thing that really stood out to me this game, and this series so far is how irrelevant Foligno and Dubinsky are in a fast paced game. I mean Foligno hasn't done anything besides body up in the corners and Dubinsky just loses the puck in open ice any time a defender is near enough to catch him.

Kind of scary to think how they'll look a few years down the line when we still have them signed to big $ contracts.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I keep thinking to myself that the Jackets are one miraculous face away from a tie series. This after being outscored 16-11 in the series. One thing is for sure, both goalies have been pretty dreadful.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I keep thinking to myself that the Jackets are one miraculous face away from a tie series. This after being outscored 16-11 in the series. One thing is for sure, both goalies have been pretty dreadful.

If we won game 3 there was a distinct possibility of coming back to Columbus leading 3-2. If only.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Okay.......how about this.

Bob plays out of his mind in game 5.....steals a game if you will.
Game 6 back in Columbus....a repeat of last night.

Then just take your chances with what comes next.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
In the playoffs your best players have to be your best players...
Goals by Johnson (Crosby's skate),Anderson, Karlsson (one for the ages), Nutivara & Jenner. Two assist for Saad. Bob gives up 4 goals.

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad