GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/19 7PM EDT

bizzz*

[nhl]606707[/nhl]

Umbi gives the pack to Matty and Dubi gets the belt as the best player of the game.

And my favorite comment of the game:
[NHL]2013030132-201-h
[/NHL]
"Now Crosby is slammed in the corner boards by Dubinsky, and now a crosscheck from Dubinsky, a slash, a crosscheck, a shoulder... Anything else? And a shoulder..." :handclap:

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
I jumped out of my seat, so pumped for you guys. i expected a great crowd and you better rock Nationwide in game 3.

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
[nhl]606707[/nhl]

umbi gives the pack to matty and dubi gets the belt as the best player of the game.

[nhl]2013030132-201-h
[/nhl]
"now crosby is slammed in the corner boards by dubinsky, and now a crosscheck from dubinsky, a slash, a crosscheck, a shoulder... Anything else? And a shoulder..." :handclap:

lmfao!

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Amazing win, my wife kicked me off the stream when jackets were down 2-3 imagine my shock when I saw the score this morning. Penguins fans were already talking second round opponents during the hockey streams chat.

Well done Jackets, my dreams of a wings jackets rematch are alive and well. Ryan Johanson was amazing on that tying goal and that blue collar game winner was well deserved.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
We had so much fun! My favorite quote from the Pens fans sitting behind us "how are these 6 jackets fans in front of us louder than our whole arena?" We were loud, and annoyed every pens fan in our section, it was awesome! Mr. McConnell stopped us in the concourse and said thanks for supporting the team and making the trip! Very cool

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
The meltdown from the Pittsburgh fans/media is just something else, and it's a 1-1 series. If I were FEMA I'd be paying attention to the Steel City, lest they be unprepared in case the Blue Jackets overcome the Penguins. :laugh:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
We had so much fun! My favorite quote from the Pens fans sitting behind us "how are these 6 jackets fans in front of us louder than our whole arena?" We were loud, and annoyed every pens fan in our section, it was awesome! Mr. McConnell stopped us in the concourse and said thanks for supporting the team and making the trip! Very cool

Blue collar team, owners with blue collar origins. Mr. Mac was self-made. He came from very humble origins. Now, I imagine that was a reminder to the current McConnell often. I don't think many other team owners are cruising the concourse. I've seen ours at several away venues the past few years. Always gracious and glad to see people supporting the team on the road.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
[nhl]606707[/nhl]

Umbi gives the pack to Matty and Dubi gets the belt as the best player of the game.

[NHL]2013030132-201-h
[/NHL]
"Now Crosby is slammed in the corner boards by Dubinsky, and now a crosscheck from Dubinsky, a slash, a crosscheck, a shoulder... Anything else? And a shoulder..." :handclap:

LOL I love Gord Miller, and I love that. :laugh:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Last night was incredible and has become the highlight of my Blue Jackets Fandom.

I was surprised how indifferent most of the Pens fans were to us. Couple took their shots at us but nothing major and nothing compared to the treatment we received in 2009 at the Joe.

The game was a roller coaster ride and a huge range of emotions. I really started to believe that the Jackets could pull it off during the 2nd period when almost the whole arena turned on the Pens. The change in the fans attitude towards their team between the 1st half and 2nd half of the game was a full 180. Their fans are a direct reflection of their team.

There were 3 Pens fans sitting in front of use that left after the second period because they wanted to go watch the Pirates game. WTF? :huh:

From our seats in 220 we had a perfect view of Calvert's GWG. That is a sight I will never forget and a feeling that will stay with me for a long time. After the game I was on such a high that what we saw really did not sink in until this morning when I woke up after only a couple hours of sleep and turned on the NHL network to see the highlights. Seeing the replay of the GWG brought a few tears to my eyes. The team that I have loved and stood by for all of these years has finally become legitimate. :yo:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Internet won't cooperate but TSN highlights had post-game interview with Calvert:

"Yeah I've got the puck right now. Might have to make a deal with the franchise, see what they got for me." (Said with a smile. I don't think he was being a punk but I do think he meant it.)

"You saw the celebration on the ice. Big step for us as a group and as an organization. Felt great. Gonna enjoy it tonight. Long series but we got the 1-1 split."

Maybe watch here:
http://www.tsn.ca/VideoHub/?collection=72&show=328274

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Agreed with Prout, but I don't think we can go wrong either way... Schultz's experience is invaluable and he would fit in fine also. Prout's physical nature could make him an excellent playoff player, like we're seeing with guys like Calvert and MacKenzie...

Depth is a wonderful thing to have.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Prout seems like he could be a bit slow to hand in against the Pens and their speed.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If you ask me, may as well flip a coin between Prout and Schultz. Both have their strengths.

I say it depends which Prout shows up. I'd take last year's Prout over Tyutin, but I'd sooner play Schultz than this year's Prout. We got to put Prouter in and see how he does.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
From the always awesome Moen in Glory

jZvpQOX.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad