GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/19 7PM EDT

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Just wanted to pop in and say congrats on your first playoff win guys. I wish to god the Pens had your teams work ethic and attitude. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see you beat us in this series.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
So glad I made the trip to Pittsburgh. Jackets were 1-9 in road games I attended before last night.....that record's now 2-9! Pens fans were generally cordial, though after the game I hustled back to the car as there were some unhappy natives. Pretty cool to hear the CBJ chants in the arena. After the game the guy sitting next to me goes "Happy Easter - the Pens just laid an egg."

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Thanks for the class. As you know (and alluded to), it's rare with your fan base.

What a great game. I missed the winner because my DVR time ran out, but I've seen the replays and I couldn't be more proud of the guys for the effort they put forth. We've not only showed that we deserve to be here, but we might even be able to play ahead of the Penguins for long stretches of time.

Go Jackets! Enjoy the game Monday, wish I could be there!

I've had the same problem-luckily not last night. You would think in this day of technological wonder they could figure out how to continue with live programming. IIRC Insight did before those morons at TWC bought them. I finally started recording the following show(s) just to be sure.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Fleury SV% for the evening: .911
Bobrovsky SV% for the evening: .929

Let's stop talking about goaltenders "doing poorly", OK? :)

Congratulations on using an adverb. I always thought it was "doing poor". One of my many peeves- the death of the adverb. :laugh:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Congratulations on using an adverb. I always thought it was "doing poor". One of my many peeves- the death of the adverb. :laugh:

A big win and now grammar talk. What a weekend! :handclap:

... Don't even get me started on mixed metaphors and misplaced modifiers. Listening to Davidge is going to give me a stroke.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
The Jackets needed to avoid the sweep in Pittsburgh. They not only proved that they can beat this team, but they saw that they are, in many ways, better than the Penguins. Should the Jackets keep up their energy level, avoid too many critical mistakes and Bob play like he can, they will have an excellent chance of beating the Penguins.

I think this sums up things nicely. I know it was a sweet win for everyone, but it is extra sweet for those of us following the team since Day 1. I will never forget Matt Calvert putting in his own rebound. An instant classic! Go get them on Monday. I think Nationwide will be known as one of the toughest and loudest places to play after the next two games.

For those about to rock...We salute you!!!

Go Jackets!!!!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Don't you think he might have been saying, "next up..."?

if it were nearly anyone but Arace who consistently craps on this team with his commentary, I'd give the benefit of the doubt...but even if he were doing that, there are PLENTY of better ways to word it...

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
To make it clear, I think Richards makes many bad personnel decisions some of which have cost us games. But there can be no question that he had done an incredible job of instilling a tenacious, never say die, just keep grinding spirit in these guys. The way the Jackets play now reminds me of how Nashville used to play during their heyday under Trotz. Relentless, never quit. I think the entire league now sees what we have had the privilege to have watched grow before our very eyes. And yes, Richard, for all of his limitations, deserves the lion's share of credit for what this team has become.

I think that the Pens have got to be doing some soul searching now. While they are an outstanding collection of talent, I think the Pens are feeling the impact of our physicality and for the first time, doubt has crept into their minds.

Monday night? Bedlam, pure bedlam. Will be interesting to see who both teams respond to the fans.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Wow, just wow! Still hasn't soaked in yet.

I gotta say, I watched both of St. Louis' wins over the Hawks, and that Blues crowd is probably the most consistently loud crowd that I can remember.

It would be so awesome if we could out-do them. Let's make the Nat the den of din!

Blues fans trying to drown out the Hawks fans invading their arena. Something we're familiar with. Definitely think it'll be loudest crowd in NWA history Monday night.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
i may have cried after calvert scored, and I may be doing it again now after reading posts here...so friggin happy to be a fan of this team and everything we've been thru as fans...

tumblr_n4b6o1O2iW1sna8pso1_500.gif

You are not alone.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Who gives a damn about +/-? He made Crosby his b""h. The Pens couldn't score on Jackets for 3+ periods.

...Also that's embarrassing to read some posts at beginning of the thread.

Yeah, I refuse to go back & read the posts from the first period.

I have faith in this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad