GDT: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
As far as Lindblom being scratched goes, I understand it. He really hasn't played too well, although my realistic approach would have been to bench Read and move Lindblom down to the 4th line to add some more skill there.

My worry with the 2nd line is that they'll lose PT with Jake moving up to the 1st line. Simmonds has virtually lost his entire game and with two young guys in TK and NP, Hakstol won't hesitate to throw out lines 3 and 4 over them at times that he shouldn't

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Vintage Hakstol move there. It really is hilarious how 9 times out of 10 any changes he makes always end up being the complete antithesis towards trying to get the most of your roster while also getting the young talent experience for the future. Then that 10th time where he actually makes the correct move, it takes him an eternity to finally get it like TK on the first line. It's like him doing a ten piece puzzle made for toddlers and taking 6 hours to finally solve it. He doesn't solve it because he looked at the pieces, and figured out which ones fit but he tried every other combination so it had to eventually work. Really at this point, if Hextall doesn't step in on week 1 of the off-season to announce haks departure then he too needs to start being held responsible for this franchises lack of direction. Because right now there is a major disconnect right now between what is being said('we are rebuilding and waiting for our young talent to mature') and what is being actually being done at the NHL level(young talent routinely benched, held in the minors, or given low playing time in favor of inferior veterans and "cap dumps").

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Voracek on the top line won’t solve anything. We don’t need more size, we need quickness and shooting.

Then TK still being at LW and with Simmonds is stupid as f***.

And Lindblom getting scratched is also idiotic. Weal sucks, Filppula sucks, Lehtera sucks, Simmonds sucks, and yet the young guy gets benched.

HAKSTOL HAS NO CHOICE GUYS

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
th (1).jpg

coots hurt??

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It’s not great but I look forward to seeing TK and Patrick together. Simmonds should be on the 4 line, but we aren’t winning this thing without him getting going so maybe it works. Lindblom has been weak on the boards and imo weak could be a better option. Weal has scored well against the pens struggle against speed. TK should be on the top line as that line will just pass it to each other forever with no shot. The new third line looks to be better than the old one.

If Couts is out G needs to be a center. He should prob be a center anyway in this series.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad