GDT: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Since X-Mas:

Giroux 5th in ES points
Konecny 9th in ES points
Couts 10th in ES points

Yet in game 80, Hakstol decides to break them up. Haklogic at it's best. Moving TK from the top line at RW....to LW on the 3rd line has been a disaster for a team that has a hard time scoring goals.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Since X-Mas:

Giroux 5th in ES points
Konecny 9th in ES points
Couts 10th in ES points

Yet in game 80, Hakstol decides to break them up. Haklogic at it's best. Moving TK from the top line at RW....to LW on the 3rd line has been a disaster for a team that has a hard time scoring goals.

Yup, its disgusting!

Injured Mr. Elliot gets a shut out after facing 2 shots and is deemed the starter that can do NO WRONG (Mrazek would have gotten a shutout that game too)! 3 goals, hes just finding his groove. 4 goals, we're good. 5....

Lehtera....um yeah, nm

Weal annoys the crap out of me but the only time he plays decent is against Pitt.....lets sit him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yup, its disgusting!

Injured Mr. Elliot gets a shut out after facing 2 shots and is deemed the starter that can do NO WRONG (Mrazek would have gotten a shutout that game too)! 3 goals, hes just finding his groove. 4 goals, we're good. 5....

Lehtera....um yeah, nm

Weal annoys the crap out of me but the only time he plays decent is against Pitt.....lets sit him.
Yup...Weal 3 points VS Pitt in our last reg. season meeting against them. Benched in playoffs.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

DaphneLion

Apr 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
If Raffl is still on the 1st line, this game is over before it starts.

Beyond that, if they take more than 4 penalties this is also a loss. Discipline is essential.

Elliott making the routine saves would help.

Discipline, TK on the 1st line, Elliott and the vets stepping up their game, and Filp, Mandog and Simmer getting limited ice time would all help us win.

On top of that, getting an early lead is imperative. This team completely gives up when we think we're not going to win, so an early lead is exactly the motivator to keep everyone playing at 100% for the full game.

axelray

Jun 9, 2017
Put Weal back in the lineup. Lindblom has not been good and is highly overrated anyway. He's a bottom six guy at best.

28-14-93
11-19-17
12-51-40
54-21-24

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weal's last 25 games, 2-5 7 -6.
Overall, 18 ES points in 69 games.
Not exactly a tremendous offensive force, and defensively, he leaves something to be desired.
I wouldn't say he's much of a fix.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Berube was fired 3 years ago today

Will this team ever have a quality coach again?

:banghead:

Berube was a TERRIBLE coach BUT when he was here, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel - you just knew he was going to get fired, we all just had to wait it out but we all knew it was 10000% coming. Hakstol is much scarier in that sense; who knows if he will get fired. I'd rather have a shit coach with a gauranteed expiration date than a Stevens/Hakstol type coach and not know if/when they will go.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Since X-Mas:

Giroux 5th in ES points
Konecny 9th in ES points
Couts 10th in ES points

Beating the lowly Hurricanes and Rangers teams after that lineup switch was a curse in disguise.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think I said it 47 times this year but this is a must win at its highest priority.

Please don’t use that number.

Simple way to be better. TK on the first line and gey leier and weal, Hagg in there. They have scoured g out. Need to give him more space and time. That team won’t be able to check our real top line plus the second line with Patrick and have more speed in the bottom 6.

Reactions: klutch and Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad