GDT: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Beating the lowly Hurricanes and Rangers teams after that lineup switch was a curse in disguise.

Wasn't even a disguise. The Flyers won a spot in the playoffs versus teams that no longer had anything to play for (save Boston), except spoiler roles, on the two last playing days of the season.

Good teams secure playoff spots before the last few games. Our miracle run in 2010 was an exception, not a norm.

What's the real curse, is making the playoffs validates Hextall's BS about this team having enough talent and he trusts them. They should not be trusted. They is the placeholders who were not worth upgrading with a trade, and the coaching staff that usually looks outclassed.

It's a positive that the team accomplished a credible goal. However, the 98 pts, 3rd in Metro, that's all a mirage.

For the first time in a long time, the Flyers are undeserving of the fan's trust. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wasn't even a disguise. The Flyers won a spot in the playoffs versus teams that no longer had anything to play for (save Boston), except spoiler roles, on the two last playing days of the season.

Good teams secure playoff spots before the last few games. Our miracle run in 2010 was an excepttion, not a norm.

What's the real curse, is making the playoffs validates Hextall's BS about this team having enough talent and he trusts them. They should not be trusted. They is the placeholders who were not worth upgrading with a trade, and the coaching staff that usually looks outclassed.

It's a positive that the team accomplished a credible goal. However, the 98 pts, 3rd in Metro, that's all a mirage.

For the first time in a long time, the Flyers are undeserving of the fan's trust. Don'the piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Konecny was still on the 1st line for the Boston game. I think the switch came in Game 81 against Carolina. The last 2 games were against teams they should have stomped without a need to break up one of the best 1st lines in the NHL. The fact that he actually said he wanted the 1st line to "be more of a heavy grinding line" after what they did in the regular season is all the proof anyone on Earth should need that this dude is, in fact, completely clueless.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Discipline, TK on the 1st line, Elliott and the vets stepping up their game, and Filp, Mandog and Simmer getting limited ice time would all help us win.

On top of that, getting an early lead is imperative. This team completely gives up when we think we're not going to win, so an early lead is exactly the motivator to keep everyone playing at 100% for the full game.
Yep early lead or scoring the first goal is an absolute must. The team came out great in the first period last game and honestly looked like the better team but failed to capitalize on several great chances. They continued that play up until Pitt scored the first goal. Then the momentum shifted towards Pitt and while we were still playing with them and getting chances, Pitt began to have the edge. Then goal 2 happens and momentum shifts even more towards the pens and it's here where the game was lost IMO. After that, instead of responding with a big hit or a solid possession shift to try to regain momentum, they went back on their heels and Pitt took the play to them up until the 3rd goal is scored and the wheels fell off. The 4th goal really was the build up of that entire sequence and it being an Elliot softee was really the cherry on top. This team loses their composure so easily which is just another sign of a poorly coached team. Im not even upset that hak didn't call a timeout after goal 3 because by goal 2 it should have been evident to any coach that isn't a moron that something needed to be done to slow Pitts momentum. Whether that is shifting the lines around or adjusting to a heavier forecheck for a few shifts or even as simple as getting the team together on the bench quickly while play is going on to regroup. I dont know it seems to me like the worst possible thing you could do is not change a single thing and stand silent behind your bench until it's 4-0.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Since X-Mas:

Giroux 5th in ES points
Konecny 9th in ES points
Couts 10th in ES points

Yet in game 80, Hakstol decides to break them up. Haklogic at it's best. Moving TK from the top line at RW....to LW on the 3rd line has been a disaster for a team that has a hard time scoring goals.
No, no, no there is some genius level coaching stuff going on here, stuff us mere humans couldn’t understand, olus he has no choice amirite?

General Joseph

Dec 25, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Not sure if he is healthy or not, but I would really like to see Tyrell Goulbourne bought up to play . The lad is fast , kills penalties , and he brings much needed tenacity and grit !

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
One step forward, two steps back. Konecny is at least getting top 6 minutes, despite it being painfully obvious he should have never left the 1st line in the first place. Rewarding Simmonds' demise with a top 6 promotion and scratching Lindblom is peak Hakstol. At least we are getting Weal instead of Weise.

Again, our rebuilding GM hired a coach that has zero interest in the long term development of our promising youth. How is there zero communication on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad