-Despres scratch
-Vokoun ******** the bed again
-We lack discipline

+++Paul Martin shooting the puck

GrouperTrooper

Jan 17, 2008
Florida
Every minus possible goes to nisskanen for that 5th goal

? He was taking his responsibility. Maf had the shooter, he had the pass, if he would have turned Fleshlight would have skated right by him. If he would have played the puck carrier, the other guy would have been all alone in front.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thought Bortuzzo had a very solid game. Can't wait to see him scratched soon....

Nisky should sit for Despres, he, along with Letang, was just bad tonight There just HAS to be some sort of accountability (I know I know, there isn't, aside from the same 3/4 players)

You don't scratch Letang for one bad game. Nisky is iffy

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Kris Letang has some of the worst decision making skills I've ever seen in a hockey player. Years ago it got chalked up as being young and inexperienced. He has all the tools in the world and no clue how to best use them.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
A 1000x times more at fault, Letang was. Another senseless chip-in, lead to the odd-man rush. Niskanen took the pass away like you're supposed to.

He was also indecisive right when the puck got turned over, which caused him to become flat-footed and lose the play.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
+Fleury (there is no competition, nor will there be for who is #1 on this hockey club)

-everyone else

DB's motto for this season was to get "shutouts". You are shooting yourself in the foot if you let your players take lazy, undisciplined penalties without nipping it in the bud. It's been going on far too long and it's embarassing to watch.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pens lost last year in playoffs because of their def PK and not being disciplined. Its the exact same thing again this year. Unless something changes pens will lose early in the playoffs again. Allot of us call out malkin for not being disciplined but its not just him. I blame DB on discipline good coaches dont have problems with their team discipline. I hope nobody blames TV none of those goals were his fault. You wanna see bad goal tending look at Theodore all the pens goal were awful except the martin goal. Pens should of lost 7-1 if panthers goalie played decent.

GrouperTrooper

Jan 17, 2008
Florida
When's the last time the Pen's won one of these loose ra ra offense track meet games? They seem to like playing them the last few years.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Depth is, shockingly, a bit of an issue. Crosby played what seemed like the last 8 minutes. He was dragging ass at the end.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
+Fleury (there is no competition, nor will there be for who is #1 on this hockey club)

-everyone else

DB's motto for this season was to get "shutouts". You are shooting yourself in the foot if you let your players take lazy, undisciplined penalties without nipping it in the bud. It's been going on far too long and it's embarassing to watch.

i'm not surprised they play weak. i think coaches like Tortorella, Boudreau, and even Therrien wouldn't put up with this garbage.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
anyone know if bill cowher is interested in coaching an NHL team?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
who has a lower hockey IQ? letang or neal?

Neal does not have a low hockey IQ - he find soft spots in coverage as well as anyone in the game, and is a good short range passer. He simply isn't a mail-carrier in any sense of the word.

Letang on the other hand makes me wonder...his raw talent and work ethic make him elite. His brain - not so much.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
- THE FLORIDA PANTHER ANNOUNCERS: I understand that you need to be somewhat homerific for the fans, but if Florida ever develops a decent-sized fan base, they will have the hockey IQ of a gnat.

Agreed.

With that said, this is a disappointing loss for sure.

To battle all the way back, tie it up at 4-4 and then ultimately lose = acceptable.

With that said, we dug our own grave with all the BS penalties we took.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I was posting this in the GDT before it got closed.

**** you Kris Letang. Get your head out of your ass.

Agreed. I've become less and less of a fan of his every game. Constantly out of position, constantly making dumb decisions with the puck, and always seems to take stupid penalties.

Very irritating play by #58. Also, I'm not overreacting at all when I say Vokoun sucks, he couldn't keep us in a game against Philly, and he got lit up by one of the worst offenses in the league with most of their good players out. A 3rd line checker got a HAT TRICK! 4 power play goals against Vokoun? Sorry that doesn't cut it with me, cut his ass.

Now, +/-

+ The team's will to win, they didn't quit.
+ Marc Andre Fleury, came in and played solid, you can't blame him for that 5th goal.

- Tomas Vokoun - I gave my reason above, he's not a good player for us, he's a waste of $2M, with the cap going down next season, I don't think the Pens should pay him $2M when they can play someone league minimum to play the same way.

- Kris Letang - Wow, what an overrated player, always being stupid. Careless with the puck, out of position, acting tough and taking dumb penalties. Very irritating to watch. He can be better.

- Dan Bylsma - He's such an overrated coach, he doesn't seem to know how to coach. He's another dumb one. 1:25 left down by a goal, doesn't call time out, puts Cooke-Kennedy-Dupuis out there (LOL) and then calls time out later in the 3rd. Very poor coach, need to make a coaching change or else it's another 1st round exit...if we even make the playoffs, which after watching this team this season, it's kinda hard to think they're guaranteed for the playoffs.

I love the Penguins, I cheer for them, I wish them success, but they are such a troublesome team, the locker room lacks leadership, there is not one good coach on the staff, the backup goalie is playing like an ECHL goalie, our "best defenseman" is not playing decent hockey AT ALL. Seriously, the Penguins need to give their heads a shake, they should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves. They're an overrated hockey team, and that's not overreacting, it's just being honest, the team's in trouble.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I didn't suggest scratching Letang, just Niskanen. Was just commenting on how they both had poor nights.

Despres should get another shot alongside Letang next game.
fair enough
Neal does not have a low hockey IQ - he find soft spots in coverage as well as anyone in the game, and is a good short range passer. He simply isn't a mail-carrier in any sense of the word.

Letang on the other hand makes me wonder...his raw talent and work ethic make him elite. His brain - not so much.

well said

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I dont get the people talking how it was nice to see the pens battle back. Florida goalie gave up some awful goals thats not battling back thats just their goalie playing really bad and letting us back into the game.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
- Another game where Vokoun started swimming and never recovered.
- Hitting guys AFTER the goal is scored. How about trying to do that BEFORE, esp Orpik
+ we got a damn lucky PP out of one of those. No way we deserved a PP after Kopecky got pushed after he scored and Vokoun lost his mind
- that PP was awful

-Another bad 2nd period
- get a goal, almost or do give up a goal is becoming like deja vu
-last 2 minutes with TK out
- Defense looked sloppy and the 4th line kept getting caught
-Discipline.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Agreed.

With that said, this is a disappointing loss for sure.

To battle all the way back, tie it up at 4-4 and then ultimately lose = acceptable.

With that said, we dug our own grave with all the BS penalties we took.

I didn't think they were going to win even after it was 4-4. They didn't get back into the game by playing smart. They "earned' the goals, but they were still paying undisciplined and disorganized hockey. No clue why they couldn't come out in the 3rd more in check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad