Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus Thread. Heart Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
You're completely missing the same point everyone is missing.

This is exactly how the Bruins want the game called. They're built for it and coached for it.

Of course the Penguins are doing it now, they'd be stupid not to. They've seen how the game is being called and they're trying to adapt. But they're not as good at breaking the rules as the Bruins are. It's not part of their game.

If the Bruins could make one request of the referees before the series, it'd be "Don't call interference, bros."

This is exactly how the Penguins do not want the game called. They're built for skill and speed and ... well, not really coached for anything, but anyway.

The Bruins are built for the current quasi-deadpuck era we're in.

The Pens are built for the open ice era right after the lockout.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
It might be your opinion, but it doesn't mean it makes any sense.

This team is extremely mentally weak and in each of those series there was a huge blown call that rattled them and gave the other team momentum.

I honestly think that if they called the Briere offsides they win the series and if they call the Marchand boarding the Pens are up right now.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Considering that they both played the point on the power play, if Malkin's 10 shots meant that he played great, what do Letang's 8 shots indicate?

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Genos going to ruin his legacy to follow his over the hump buddy, Gonchar!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Genos going to ruin his legacy to follow his over the hump buddy, Gonchar!

He's more likely to leave town for a cup contender instead of a cup pretender. As I keep saying, who's to say he doesn't decide that he's more likely to win that second cup he desperately craves with structure and discipline somewhere else than with burritos and mustache boy contests in Pittsburgh. Anyway, it seems that his reputation hasn't suffered. Quite the opposite:

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 2h
Claude Julien was just asked about Crosby and Malkin. Spoke glowingly of Malkin. Did not mention Crosby.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
He's more likely to leave town for a cup contender instead of a cup pretender. As I keep saying, who's to say he doesn't decide that he's more likely to win that second cup he desperately craves with structure and discipline somewhere else than with burritos and mustache boy contests in Pittsburgh. Anyway, it seems that his reputation hasn't suffered. Quite the opposite:

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 2h
Claude Julien was just asked about Crosby and Malkin. Spoke glowingly of Malkin. Did not mention Crosby.

I just won $50 from myself. Thank you

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Don't know if there's a gif of Sid's helmetless shift but there needs to be one. That is about the only highlight so far this series...

I saw someone on the Bruin's board talking about that shift and says something like "It wasn't fair. Sid must have used a cheat code after the ice timeout" :laugh:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Morrow - Jokinen - Adams

we need to bring in some fresh legs (kennedy, jokinen). Vitale had a poor game so bring in Jokinen. Kennedy can give us some puck-possession which we have lacked. Just bench Iginla already he is worthless

We need to break up the top line.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
This team is extremely mentally weak and in each of those series there was a huge blown call that rattled them and gave the other team momentum.

I honestly think that if they called the Briere offsides they win the series and if they call the Marchand boarding the Pens are up right now.

All I'm saying is it seems like a cop out to say they would have won if the refs didn't screw up one penalty call. Good teams get over stuff like that. If that's all it took, they wouldn't win the series anyway. **** happens.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
All I'm saying is it seems like a cop out to say they would have won if the refs didn't screw up one penalty call. Good teams get over stuff like that. If that's all it took, they wouldn't win the series anyway. **** happens.

I agree, it's just funny that when pens fans complain about the refs on their own board we actually have the other teams fans and main board riff-raffs that must come in and "set the record straight" since the refs have favored the Pens in every game since 2006.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
You don't like anything . . . or anyone.

true, but irrelevant

I agree, it's just funny that when pens fans complain about the refs on their own board we actually have the other teams fans and main board riff-raffs that must come in and "set the record straight" since the refs have favored the Pens in every game since 2006.

99% of humanity is dumber than a genetically-enhanced pine cone. Other team's fans not only included, but highlighted

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Anyone else notice that anything and everything good the Pens have done offensively in this series has been plays coming off the end boards or rolling out of the corners?

I guess you have Sutter's goal coming down the wing but that was another rushed, lame shot IMO.

Going east west and holding up about the face off dots is killing the Pens.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Anyone else notice that anything and everything good the Pens have done offensively in this series has been plays coming off the end boards or rolling out of the corners?

I guess you have Sutter's goal coming down the wing but that was another rushed, lame shot IMO.

Going east west and holding up about the face off dots is killing the Pens.

Yeah the Bruins are devouring our rush plays. They always have numbers back. It took us until Game 3 to finally dump it in and start a cycle. Not sure why it's that hard to realize, but we just didn't adjust in time.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah the Bruins are devouring our rush plays. They always have numbers back. It took us until Game 3 to finally dump it in and start a cycle. Not sure why it's that hard to realize, but we just didn't adjust in time.

I noted even during the Ottawa series when we were scoring 6/7 goals a game that pretty much none of them were from cycling and all were off the rush or on the powerplay.

I was told it didn't matter as long as we were scoring goals. But this is why I was worried and why I wanted the lines changed.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Welp. Just finishing watching this one. Obviously I'm a little late to the party.

You know... that was actually a very, very good playoff game. Obviously the results aren't what I wanted to see. But I can't complain about the way the team played. The only thing that truly infuriates me is that this effort, attention to detail and sheer want to win the game wasn't even close to there the first two games.

I give Boston plenty of credit. But that's still pretty inexcusable. This team shouldn't be staring a sweep right in the face... it's far worse than simply "disappointing." It's perhaps even more embarrassing than last season's playoff debacle. Perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad