Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus Thread. Heart Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's very much how I feel, too. "Stripping" him of the C is unduly harsh language. If he wants the C it is his as long as he's here. His actual performance as captain isn't my concern, but rather if we can release a little bit of pressure off a player who puts unfathomable amounts on himself already.

This is the most responsible post that could be said. He's had this thrust upon him before he ever became pro. The pressure from his own doing only adds to the pressure everyone thrusts upon him. He's been a willing taker, and for most part he's delivered as expected.

The Crosby><Malkin bit, I only have an issue they can't be going together at one time anymore. Malkin is lights out mostly when Sids out with the exception of "1" season, and Sid just pretty much is Sid when you take away injuries.

Both can be dominating, but the team has to play the ego's and not do/play it to their advantages. The biggest advantage this team has has been wiped away because of ego's, the #1 PP unit. Both have to be on it rather than each their own #1 unit. They both thrived when they each had their own and I think they just get in each others way, period. It's an indifference that should help the "team", and that should be welcomed. They seem just fine being on separate lines? *rabble rabble*

Last edited:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This is the first place I've heard of this and the way everyone's been talking about it, I thought there would be some news articles about it, but i haven't seen any that say Malkin hates Bylsma.

Malkin has always said the opposite. Dan went to Russia to be with Geno. That really hit home with him. I think there's a major conundrum here, because I think Bylsma staying is a major factor in Geno staying.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Thanx for monumental post:laugh:.
But what's your point? I talked to Will Hunting, just pointed out that he has different standards for different players, no word about you. And then you mess into it. For what reason? I don't get it.
Did I criticise Sid? No. I haven't say a word about him. IMO, he carried team this season, like Malkin did it year ago.

Dude just stop. He posted his opinion on a public message board. So did you. There is no 'butting' in to private conversations. If you want to just talk to Will Hunting without anyone interjecting their opinions, then do it in a private message.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Malkin has always said the opposite. Dan went to Russia to be with Geno. That really hit home with him. I think there's a major conundrum here, because I think Bylsma staying is a major factor in Geno staying.

Pretty good point. And if that's the case, sign up DB for life.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
It's not realistic but this series isn't done yet. If they play the way they played last night they can still get back into this series. If we start getting some bounces, look out. I'm just not ready to give up until the handshake line.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
You just know that game 4 will be the entirely-useless-all-too-late-glimpse-of-what-could-have-been 5-0 win that makes me want to jackknife powerbomb the nearest elderly person through a table.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I seriously doubt Geno would consider leaving if Bylsma is fired. Honestly, I don't buy that the 2 are highly correlated in either direction. KIRK would say they are negatively correlated, you think positively.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Then there's Geno. He wears his emotions on his sleeve. Fans love him for this. He was very good last night. He didn't put up any points, but it wasn't for lack of creating. But still, all you hear about is this shoulder injury. Even though the last thing I've read about it was that his shoulder felt great. That came from his own mouth. I guess he was lying, that's what people will tell me, anyhow.

It is not injury issue. It's all about mental thing, level of confidence. Geno himself said that now his confidence is lower than it was year ago. He said when you play with confidence pucks almost always find the way into the net. But this thing cannot be switched on/off. Confidence has to be earned step by step with every goal, with every successful play. I believe, that his concussion is a consequence of that problem. When he sees puck doesn't go in, or feels that there is no chemistry and so on, he overtries, he does things on ice that he wouldn't do in normal situation.
SOme people say it's injury issue, other say he is lazy or dumb on ice. But it's not true

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I also think it's crazy, this notion, of Malkin wanting out if Bylsma stays.

All of these players love Bylsma and when Malkin says he wants another cup, he wants it in Pittsburgh with his buddy Sid.

The ones making the tough decisions will be Mario, Burkle and Shero this summer.

I'm not concerned about Geno wanting out. I am concerned with his decline from the clear No. 2 player in the world, knocking down the door of No. 1, to someone in the discussion of No. 2, but with far more warts in his game than in the past.

Quite frankly, trading him isn't nearly as bad as seeing the continuing regression in his game...which is what will happen if Bylsma continues to coach this team.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Pretty good point. And if that's the case, sign up DB for life.

Now that would be a tough one....
Imagine if Malkin and DB came as a package....ugh. Doubt it's true.

If Malkin could let Gonchar go without a fuss, I can see him letting anybody go.

Speaking of which...
Were mamma and papa Malkin at the game for game 1 & 2? Just curious.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I seriously doubt Geno would consider leaving if Bylsma is fired. Honestly, I don't buy that the 2 are highly correlated in either direction. KIRK would say they are negatively correlated, you think positively.

I agree.

I think his staying is more about liking his situation. He is comfortable with the city, he is comfortable being a high profile athlete playing in the relative media shadow of a higher profile athlete in Sid. He plays for great ownership, and has a great line mate to setup in James Neal. I think Geno signs here no problem.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It is not injury issue. It's all about mental thing, level of confidence. Geno himself said that now his confidence is lower than it was year ago. He said when you play with confidence pucks almost always find the way into the net. But this thing cannot be switched on/off. Confidence has to be earned step by step with every goal, with every successful play. I believe, that his concussion is a consequence of that problem. When he sees puck doesn't go in, or feels that there is no chemistry and so on, he overtries, he does things on ice that he wouldn't do in normal situation.
SOme people say it's injury issue, other say he is lazy or dumb on ice. But it's not true

I think this got lost in the translation.

I have no doubt that Geno is hampered by a shoulder injury. Whether physically or mentally.

But Sidney Crosby, the most dirty-area superstar in the NHL, has missed the majority of the past-3 seasons due to brain and facial injuries. And no one takes time out to wonder what his confidence level is before telling him to toughen the **** up.

I believe Geno is injured. I believe he's lacking confidence and a high-end power from his shoulder. Let's extend the same courtesy to the guy with the broken face.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

You know, as soon as I said 'major factor' I knew it was probably wrong?

I don't think Bylsma staying is a negative factor. I think Malkin likes Bylsma. Let me leave it at that.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Wait, his concussion is a consequence of his lack of confidence? I think you meant to say the opposite. That his lack of confidence is a consequence of the concussion. I don't think either are true, but the second one at least kind of makes sense.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's not realistic but this series isn't done yet. If they play the way they played last night they can still get back into this series. If we start getting some bounces, look out. I'm just not ready to give up until the handshake line.

There's a part of me that won't be done until the handshake line, I'm trying to kill that part of me.

I think the key is people scoring, and I'm not being a brat when I say that. That offense (or anyone) needs to get going if they stand any chance of even winning a game, it's not all bounces. They have to make their own luck. They're ****ed if the offense can't wake up, that's it. Having a series high of scoring 1 goal in a game just doesn't cut it. Other problems pale in comparison to that, for me.

Garbage goals and someone's ass always in Rask's face, make it so. Kind of kinky sounding.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You just know that game 4 will be the entirely-useless-all-too-late-glimpse-of-what-could-have-been 5-0 win that makes me want to jackknife powerbomb the nearest elderly person through a table.

The Pens would have to place 3 of those on the table too really plant any seed of doubt in Boston's heads. Pretty much what happen to us.

One can hope, but at the cost of such a feet would almost guarantee a painful death in the finals, unless....the Hawks and LA playout the same fate of a grueling/punishing 7 game series.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
I think this got lost in the translation.

I have no doubt that Geno is hampered by a shoulder injury. Whether physically or mentally.

But Sidney Crosby, the most dirty-area superstar in the NHL, has missed the majority of the past-3 seasons due to brain and facial injuries. And no one takes time out to wonder what his confidence level is before telling him to toughen the **** up.

I believe Geno is injured. I believe he's lacking confidence and a high-end power from his shoulder. Let's extend the same courtesy to the guy with the broken face.

You sound as if I'm critisising Crosby, don't you? But again, I haven't said a word about him

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Wait, his concussion is a consequence of his lack of confidence? I think you meant to say the opposite. That his lack of confidence is a consequence of the concussion. I don't think either are true, but the second one at least kind of makes sense.

Exactly, I believe that his concussion is a consequence of his lack of confidence (in comparison with previous year). Why doesn't it make sense for you?

Last edited:

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh

I would doubt this. The Flyers had such horrible defense and goaltending you knew that 10-3 win was going to come some how, this time around I don't think they'll get a win.

SteelFish87*

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Morrow - Jokinen - Adams

we need to bring in some fresh legs (kennedy, jokinen). Vitale had a poor game so bring in Jokinen. Kennedy can give us some puck-possession which we have lacked. Just bench Iginla already he is worthless

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Don't know if there's a gif of Sid's helmetless shift but there needs to be one. That is about the only highlight so far this series...

Yes. Please. If anyone can find this, that would be awesome.

I so badly wish he scored there. It would have been legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad