Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus - Game 3

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I think the way he's played shows he is pretty hurt. Plus we can't overlook the typical pile of **** he has to work with on the wings. I'd call out Perron before Geno. No secret he's been bad, but when he first got here he looked like at his best he could take charge and at least take some heat off Malkin in a situation like this. Guy is just poop right now
Obviously. My opinion about Perron is wide-known here, as well. I was defending Malkin until this point, but it´s becoming a bit too much. 8 games without a point is a bit too much for a player of his calibre, even if injured (and playing with trash).

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
The third period is definitely something to build on. I don't know if it was them really pressing or the Rangers sitting back. However, they need to carry that over to tomorrow nights game.

If we manage to score first and keep our sticks down, I like our chances of making it to 6 games.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
- ref: it's curious that booth Rangers goals happened immediately after a non called penalty. The first goal on Crosby and the second on Lapierre. So instead of 2 powerplays, we're down 0-2.
+ we still got life, game #4 next

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Obviously. My opinion about Perron is wide-known here, as well. I was defending Malkin until this point, but it´s becoming a bit too much. 8 games without a point is a bit too much for a player of his calibre, even if injured (and playing with trash).

Geno's clearly been hurt, but I thought his skating looked much better/less labored Monday than in Game 2. I think he's going to have a big game on Wednesday.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Perron and Geno seems like a bad fit since Geno has no speed right now with his injury and Perron is not a fast guy to begin with. The Rangers are just relentlessly backchecking those two guys and it's hard for them to get any separation or do anything. Their one good chance came because the entire Rangers forward group changed at a bad time. DP with Geno would be great if Geno could skate like he normally can but right now it's tough, especially against a speedy team like the Rags.

Thing is I'm not sure what the answer is. Kunitz and Perron swapping would make Malkin even worse, though it might in theory help Sid.

You know what could be an option? Perron with Sutter, and Wilson with Malkin. Gives Malkin a guy with wheels and lets Perron play with a guy that has some serious wheels in Sutter. Also gives us a scoring threat on every line, and Perron would probably face easier matchups with Sutter than with Malkin.

MJ will probably never even think about trying something like that though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad