Rumor: Plekanec was being shopped, but teams were not interested.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
"le contrat de l'attaquant le mieux payé du Canadien aurait été offert aux autres formations de la Ligue sans qu'il n'y ait de preneurs."

RDS.ca

Basically it says that he was shopped but nobody was willing to take on that contract.

I only highlighted that part because the whole article didnt make any sense at all, and while its basically a speculation piece, I thought it was this little bit was interesting.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
"le contrat de l'attaquant le mieux payé du Canadien aurait été offert aux autres formations de la Ligue sans qu'il n'y ait de preneurs."

RDS.ca

Basically it says that he was shopped but nobody was willing to take on that contract.

I only highlighted that part because the whole article didnt make any sense at all, and while its basically a speculation piece, I thought it was this little bit was interesting.

If true, an interesting conundrum.

They would want to trade Plekanec due to Desharnais having cemented his spot as the team's franchise centre, but due to Desharnais taking all of the best minutes Plekanec is a 20 goal, 50 point player that other teams are not interested in.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
No takers for one of the top two-way centres in the game, who plays some of the toughest minutes in the entire NHL, on a great contract?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Those with good knowledge of the language will quickly realize how "casual" the part on the Plekanec trade is.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Those with good knowledge of the language will quickly realize how "casual" the part on the Plekanec trade is.

Exactly. It could mean anything. Including the expected return wasn't there. MB probably wants a top-6 or top-9 winger for him.

PricePkPatch*

The complete quote:

Plekanec comme capitaine, c'est un choix facile parce que selon les rumeurs, le contrat de l'attaquant le mieux payé du Canadien aurait été offert aux autres formations de la Ligue sans qu'il n'y ait de preneurs.

Its basically an argument as to why he might be named captain. Its fimsly as ****..

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Stéphane Langdeau wrote the article. Nuff said. The guy has zero connection. He's only the host at l'Antichambre. He only speculates and gives his opinion.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hard to take anything seriously about RDS when the main article on their page right now is about ****ing Bouillon. :laugh:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Yep, saw that one yesterday... makes no sense at all, if Plekanec was made available, 29 GMs would be calling. Great 2-way center with top notch work ethics, silent leader who has had great relantionships with all his coaches... 3 years 15mil... that's almost less than Pouilot.

Total BS...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
That's awesome, so right before camp crap like this comes out. Plekanec comes to town soon and after how was your summer.. did you know the Habs shopped you around?

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
The complete quote:

Its basically an argument as to why he might be named captain. Its fimsly as ****..

And thats why I didnt write that part, as it made absolutely no sense to me. If thats the case, then lets make Moen wear the C, while we're at it.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

RDS.ca

That's a beyiond ridiculous rumor, if Krejci is worth 7+ mil long term Plekanec's 5 mil/year is a bargain, plus teams are always looking for help at center...Chicago Phoenix Carolina Anaheim Buffalo calgary Dallas NY Islanders were looking for center help this off season...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
That's a beyiond ridiculous rumor, if Krejci is worth 7+ mil long term Plekanec's 5 mil/year is a bargain, plus teams are always looking for help at center...Chicago Phoenix Carolina Anaheim Buffalo calgary Dallas NY Islanders were looking for center help this off season...

I know Pleks and Krejci are close but at the end of the day 1 of them got the job done and helped his team Win the Cup. 2 finals in 3 years. I wouldn't really put them in the same category

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I know Pleks and Krejci are close but at the end of the day 1 of them got the job done and helped his team Win the Cup. 2 finals in 3 years. I wouldn't really put them in the same category

Krejci Lucic Marchand

Plekanec Staubitz Moen
Plekanec Gionta Bourque
Plekanec Gionta Darche

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Krejci Lucic Marchand

Plekanec Staubitz Moen
Plekanec Gionta Bourque
Plekanec Gionta Darche

Krejci played with Lucic and Horton and last year Lucic and Iginla

Enough with the excuses, we make them for Eller and now were making them for Plekanec as well? Always about linemates? How about he takes his game to another level?

Krejci was able to get his game to another level and Plekanec never was. That's the bottom line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad