GDT: Please win a few more games against the Metro. CAR at CLB

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
That’s worthless. It’s just some NHL.com guy putting the lines from the last game. It has Mrazek in net too and I’m guessing Reimer is playing.

I'm a strong believer in leaning towards the status quo being correct until stated otherwise, especially since we've won 4 out of 5 games.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Canes’ Brind’Amour shuffles lines, moves Aho to wing. For practice only?

BY CHIP ALEXANDER
The Blue Jackets, in contrast, were 11-14-4 in early December but have since gone 12-2-4, fighting through injuries.
“Probably the best in the league, I would say, the last month or so,” Brind’Amour said of the Blue Jackets. “Just playing hard. Just a solid group that’s working hard right now.”
The Canes were that kind of team last season in reaching the Stanley Cup playoffs and have been at times this season. But the offense has gone stale -- two goals in the last seven periods of play and one an empty-netter in the 2-0 win Saturday over the Los Angeles Kings.
“We’re a step off from where I’d like to see us at,” Brind’Amour said.
Aho has been without a goal the past six games, his longest goal-less streak of the season, and limited to 10 shots. He leads the Canes with 23 goals that includes an NHL-high five empty-netters.
Aho said Wednesday that the line changes, should they be used, shouldn’t cause problems, noting, “The system is pretty simple, so it helps. For every line it’s the same stuff. It’s just finding new chemistry with new linemates.
Aho has been centering a line with Teuvo Teravainen and Nino Niederreiter this season. In Wednesday’s practice, he was at left wing on a line with Erik Haula at center and Warren Foegele on the right side.
Teravainen was moved to Jordan Staal’s line at right wing opposite Andrei Svechnikov. Lucas Wallmark was in Haula’s old spot on the third line centering Ryan Dzingel and Martin Necas, and Jordan Martinook was at center with Niederreiter and Brock McGinn on the fourth line.
“Coach makes decisions and I’ll do my best wherever he puts me,” Aho said. “Haula takes the draws. That’s probably the bigger thing for me. I’ll just try to play my game. It doesn’t change too much. Obviously there are different situations in a game that comes as you play as a winger.”
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/canes-now/article239346278.html

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Completely random but with all the coaching changes it got me to wondering how long HCRB has here in Carolina? I don't want him to go anywhere as there are very few coaches imo who can get as much from his team as Rod does. As long as he continues to learn and make changes to how he coaches as he has shown I am happy. So how long do you think he gets and is there someone who you think would be better as HC?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Completely random but with all the coaching changes it got me to wondering how long HCRB has here in Carolina? I don't want him to go anywhere as there are very few coaches imo who can get as much from his team as Rod does. As long as he continues to learn and make changes to how he coaches as he has shown I am happy. So how long do you think he gets and is there someone who you think would be better as HC?

Who could be better as HC than Rod for the Canes? Only six (four) that I can think of:

1. Barry Trotz
2. Barry Trotz
3. Barry Trotz
4. Mike Sullivan
5. Joel Quenneville
6. Jon Cooper

Considering that situation, I think that Dundon holds onto Brind'Amour for a while unless Cooper's team chokes in the 1st round again.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

I think the team would have to take a significant turn for the worse before any kind of change were entertained. And I think RBA would probably burn out from the losing before he was let go.

As pointed out above, there are few better fits around than RBA for the Canes. If the Canes needed to go shopping now, I'd want to do a very thorough interview of Gallant. 2 bizarre firings in a row requires a little investigation.
Laviolette is interesting as there's complete turnover from his first run in NC all the way up to Dundon. Maybe not an option until Karmanos is completely bought out, but with the turnover we've seen I wouldn't say it's impossible.

But those 2 won't be available when Carolina is next looking for a coach, and it's impossible to guess who will be available.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I think the team would have to take a significant turn for the worse before any kind of change were entertained. And I think RBA would probably burn out from the losing before he was let go.

As pointed out above, there are few better fits around than RBA for the Canes. If the Canes needed to go shopping now, I'd want to do a very thorough interview of Gallant. 2 bizarre firings in a row requires a little investigation.
Laviolette is interesting as there's complete turnover from his first run in NC all the way up to Dundon. Maybe not an option until Karmanos is completely bought out, but with the turnover we've seen I wouldn't say it's impossible.

But those 2 won't be available when Carolina is next looking for a coach, and it's impossible to guess who will be available.

The Vegas firing was more understandable than the Florida firing, because DeBoer is no chopped liver and he was just there for the taking (IOW, the move was much more pro-DeBoer than anti-Gallant). Florida didn't actually replace Gallant in any real way until Quenneville came around a couple of years later.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That’s worthless. It’s just some NHL.com guy putting the lines from the last game. It has Mrazek in net too and I’m guessing Reimer is playing.
There was this from Chip that corroborates that the lines won't likely change from last game:

With a road game Thursday against the Columbus Blue Jackets, Canes coach Rod Brind’Amour was asked how much should be made about the new lines.

“Zero,” he said. “It was just a change for practice, just to give it a little life. Change the mood a little. We had a little more jump today.”

Was Aho being moved to the wing? “No,” Brind’Amour said.

So Aho would be at center for the Columbus game? “More than likely,” he said.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports...canes-now/article239346278.html#storylink=cpy

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Am I the only one a bit disappointed we're only 2 pts ahead of CBJ?

Disappointed in what way?
Disappointed that the team wasn't able to take advantage of the weaker part of their schedule to have a bigger cushion as they struggle with the more difficult part? Yes, absolutely.

But we're not the only one that's inconsistent. Philly just beat Boston, Washington, and St. Louis and just barely lost to Tampa. Very difficult wins, very strong showing. But the games previous to that, they lost to Phoenix, LA, etc. Teams we were able to beat.

So it's hard to be too upset, since the Canes deserve to be where they are, and given the way Columbus has played lately, they also deserve to be where they are.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Honestly, I think Brind'Amour is going to be a coach in the Trotz in Nashville mode. I think he's going to be around a long, long time. The model he's built around nurturing players while still getting results seems durable, and he's so integrated with the organization at every level that it's going to be flat out impossible to replace anything close to all of what Brindy brings to the team. I also don't think Dundon is the type to be okay with firing a coach just for the sake of rattling a team, regardless of Brind'Amour's overall importance to this franchise, and that's what most coach firings seem to be these days.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
There is no debate, dude. Nathan Gerbe is the mother****ing thighmaster.

Now that St. Louis is retired, there's probably no debate.

1902gzy5wjbrqjpg.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad