GDT: Please win a few more games against the Metro. CAR at CLB

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You've been around long enough to remember Sean Hill coming back to the Canes in Dec 2001 and what it did to the team.

Not saying that will happen here, but I will challenge the argument which says it won't.

It's been a long time, so my memory might be spotty, but I believe we traded for Hill to help a defense that was...well, a Carolina defense back when that was a bad thing. The fact that he knew the organization well obviously helped.

Williams might help in the locker room and he might help balance the lines and maybe even help the PP (which has been another issue that's not being talked about lately). But I don't think his return is going to give us "a f***ing save" or cause our defense to not get burned over and over again or prevent boneheaded penalties to kill off any momentum we may build.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and Williams becomes a miracle worker, but I just haven't seen a lot cohesion in this team that makes me believe a glue guy like Williams is going to fix it.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I have no idea if there will be an effect or even what to expect - which has been the mantra for this season. It's like tuning in to watch a mystery program.

Perhaps, though, he can quell some nerves or give some direction as they'll be going through a reorg of sorts once again?

Watching Staal's practically speechless - at a loss for words - post-game interview makes one question whether he's been able to effectively do that? It was sad to see and he often looks so ill at ease. Maybe that's why they come out of the gate a little shaky at times?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's been a long time, so my memory might be spotty, but I believe we traded for Hill to help a defense that was...well, a Carolina defense back when that was a bad thing. The fact that he knew the organization well obviously helped.

Williams might help in the locker room and he might help balance the lines and maybe even help the PP (which has been another issue that's not being talked about lately). But I don't think his return is going to give us "a ****ing save" or cause our defense to not get burned over and over again or prevent boneheaded penalties to kill off any momentum we may build.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and Williams becomes a miracle worker, but I just haven't seen a lot cohesion in this team that makes me believe a glue guy like Williams is going to fix it.

I would think the only thing that could fix a lack of cohesion would be glue, but what do I know :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lempo and Tryamw

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
broken leg

horse

glue factory

someone else can write the joke for me but those are the main highlights
Farmer Rodney once took a bunch of horses to the glue factory. They were generally well received and taken to the process, but this one horse Dougie had a broken leg and so couldn't be walked in. So he became met worst.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad