Please, do not boo Babcock!

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
boo the team as an extension? or start a chant. Whatever us hans fans do too show our disapproval

montreal doesn't really do chants do they? all i ever hear is booooo or people chanting a players name. which isn't clever, funny, or effective

rangers fans have some hilarious chants though

Last edited:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
You barely beat USA 1-0 thanks to one Carey price standing on his head (a wee bit of a hyperbole).

None questioning?

Are you serious? Price definitely played a big part, was solid, but TC manhandled the US after Benn's goal. The Americans knew it. Might even have shattered them enough into the bronze medal game. It was not at all as close as Vancouver. Insane dominance by Canada - the US was neutered.

If Therrien doesn't start giving Pleks some offensive support after once again seeing what he can do in that role (as he does with the Czech team), maybe he should get booed.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Hey guys,

First, I would like to congratulate Team Canada on our Olympic Gold! Let's be real here, none was actually questioning whether we would win it...eh?. Secondly, I would like to plead with my fellow Canadiens fans not too boo Babcock. Besides the fact that he just won us an olympic gold medal (who boos a coach who just won your country gold?), none could actually blame him for the Subban decision. Take off your Montreal Canadiens glasses and look at this objectively. In all reality, he was going in to the tournament as the 7th Defencemen. Babcock was just given this team and we should not boo for it. I do not think Subban was a bad pick for this olympic tournament but in comparison to what others on this team brought, I don't see who else they could have benched. But please, do not boo a coach who just won our country a Gold medal!

Now I hope people boo just to see you cry.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
No question that Babcock is a great coach.

Playing Hamhuis over PK is highly controversial, but thats because Babcock doesn't like to take any risk and thus why he has been successful. He is a coach that likes to play it safe and doesn't carry emotional decisions. He prefers a solid D core and doesn't want a D that will push up the offense but could make a bad defensive play and cost a very important goal.

I don't think PK has real defensive issues but if they are 15% doubt in Babcock's mind he won't go with it.
play Subban and u take minutes away from ur best defenders Weber,Doughty and Piets or play Hamhuis and take minutes away from ur weakest defenders Bouwmeester and Vlasic and its not like Hamhuis blows the guy is solid defensively,love PK but Babcock coached well.Team Canada didnt just win gold they DOMINATED the tourny

nfs5217

Feb 6, 2014
Considering we won gold, and had the best defense in the world I see absolutely no reason as to why we should boo the coach... On another note, the lack of play time should hopefully motivate PK.

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
While I understand why people would do it..it would just make the fans look so foolish. The guy won Gold and people are questioning his moves? If Canada lost to Sweden then ok, but after winning Gold? It would be embarrassing.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
While I understand why people would do it..it would just make the fans look so foolish. The guy won Gold and people are questioning his moves? If Canada lost to Sweden then ok, but after winning Gold? It would be embarrassing.

Meh, meh, meh I say. Gretz said it best after Nagano. Team Canada should have 4 traditional lines with traditional roles.

Julien, Hitchcock and Babcock are great regular season coaches that can do wonders with a solid cast, but not so much when it comes to players they don't know inside and out. Team Canada was a butt hair away from going to OT with Latvia, and Price had to be perfect to beat the US of A.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

I hope this happens cause then everybody would call us classless.

But we don't care, screw them, we're the Habs.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I hope this happens cause then everybody would call us classless.

But we don't care, screw them, we're the Habs.

When you say we're the Habs, do you mean a team that has veered into two decades of mediocrity?

Everyone is allowed to do what they want in this situation. For instance, if people actually boo loud enough at the Bell Centre for Mike Babcock, I will be free to shake my head.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Meh, meh, meh I say. Gretz said it best after Nagano. Team Canada should have 4 traditional lines with traditional roles.

Julien, Hitchcock and Babcock are great regular season coaches that can do wonders with a solid cast, but not so much when it comes to players they don't know inside and out. Team Canada was a butt hair away from going to OT with Latvia, and Price had to be perfect to beat the US of A.

This is exactly right. The team was mismanaged the last two Olympics, and barely got away with it. If Stan Bowman takes over as GM, things will change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad