Please, do not boo Babcock!

er_gree

Oct 6, 2006
Montreal
Hey guys,

First, I would like to congratulate Team Canada on our Olympic Gold! Let's be real here, none was actually questioning whether we would win it...eh?. Secondly, I would like to plead with my fellow Canadiens fans not too boo Babcock. Besides the fact that he just won us an olympic gold medal (who boos a coach who just won your country gold?), none could actually blame him for the Subban decision. Take off your Montreal Canadiens glasses and look at this objectively. In all reality, he was going in to the tournament as the 7th Defencemen. Babcock was just given this team and we should not boo for it. I do not think Subban was a bad pick for this olympic tournament but in comparison to what others on this team brought, I don't see who else they could have benched. But please, do not boo a coach who just won our country a Gold medal!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What are we, remote-controlled androids?

No disrespect but too many threads here attempting to railroad fan reaction.

With the outrageous amounts they're charging for fans to attend an often boring spectacle, booing is all a fan has if he sees fit.

I wouldn't personally boo Babcock, but if someone was so inclined, more power to them.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You think HFboards posters are the majority of people at the hockey games?

I'll be watching from my bed.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Hey guys,

First, I would like to congratulate Team Canada on our Olympic Gold! Let's be real here, none was actually questioning whether we would win it...eh?. Secondly, I would like to plead with my fellow Canadiens fans not too boo Babcock. Besides the fact that he just won us an olympic gold medal (who boos a coach who just won your country gold?), none could actually blame him for the Subban decision. Take off your Montreal Canadiens glasses and look at this objectively. In all reality, he was going in to the tournament as the 7th Defencemen. Babcock was just given this team and we should not boo for it. I do not think Subban was a bad pick for this olympic tournament but in comparison to what others on this team brought, I don't see who else they could have benched. But please, do not boo a coach who just won our country a Gold medal!

Subban wasn't even the 7th dman. He was the 8th behind hamhuis... That i dont get. That being said im a big babs fan. I'll be at the game... And I'll cheer for him if they mention his name

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You think HFboards posters are the majority of people at the hockey games?

I'll be watching from my bed.

They're probably the majority of people at video games emulating the NHL, creating gifs ridiculing certain players or plays and generally sniping at the weakest links, wherever they might be, on TV or manufactured here. :sarcasm:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It will unfortunately happen when they will present the guys at the start of the game. Same idiots and it will reflect on an entire crowd and fanbase. Unfortunately. Reason why it would be better if they just present him, PK and Price together instead of one after the other. No need to look that stupid......

StanAjax

Jul 30, 2003
Nantes
Visit site
Subban wasn't even the 7th dman. He was the 8th behind hamhuis... That i dont get.

Pretty easy to understand though.

They were set on that LD on left side, RD on right side thing, and they thought they had Keith, Weber, Doughty and Pietrangelo all able (needing ?) to log more minutes. The LD beside Keith were less good and could share their minutes with a 7th D.

What I believe though, is that they could have gone 12 F - 8 D like Finland did for the whole tournament (that's because their Dmen were less talented though). I thought it deserved at least a try...

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
What are we, remote-controlled androids?

No disrespect but too many threads here attempting to railroad fan reaction.

With the outrageous amounts they're charging for fans to attend an often boring spectacle, booing is all a fan has if he sees fit.

I wouldn't personally boo Babcock, but if someone was so inclined, more power to them.

This is different. It's booing the coach who didn't play PK (though he DID play Price as the starter no matter what, which we should be thankful for, even if it was the right move.)

Thing is, I think this thread is justified cuz there WILL be some idiots who do it even though he coached possibly the best international hockey tournament/team ever. I still say PK is better than some of the ones who were in, but i stopped caring once it was clear he wasn't gonna play -- and it worked out jusssst fine.

It will be the BC presentation crew's fault if they do a player by player by person thing (Gervais is in there, remember.) People will boo Babcock and we will look like tools and there will be an entire thread dedicated to it. I, for one, don't want our fans coming off looking like Ottawa Karlsson lovers. Conversely, if we do cheer the hell out of him, we will look pretty classy. And if you don't care how we are perceived as Habs fans (not saying you do, it's just something people post), fair enough, but in this situation, I think it makes us look like petty a-hols. I will "leaf' that to toronto fans.

It will unfortunately happen when they will present the guys at the start of the game. Same idiots and it will reflect on an entire crowd and fanbase. Unfortunately. Reason why it would be better if they just present him, PK and Price together instead of one after the other. No need to look that stupid......

Agree with you completely.

I do hope that during the game, PK gets tons of chants. That, is completely warranted. Of course, Therrien will bench him if that happens on the charge of transitive lack of rispek shown.

simplysincere*

There are two types of people who will boo Babcock. Those that hate Canada (for obvious reasons), and those that love Subban more than Canada.

Also, Babcock was set on Price, it'd be a whole different story if Babacock had benched Price too, lost the Gold, then I could see the justification, but after riding Price and winning Gold, to boo is to be mindless.

I don't even care for Babcock, and was not impressed after watching 24/7, and found him to be overrated as a coach. However, at the end of the day, he did win Gold, and nobody can boo him for that.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Hope he gets boo'd out of the stadium, I didn't like the way he coached the entire tournament but they the team won so what can ya say, still wanna see him boo'd hard

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is different. It's booing the coach who didn't play PK (though he DID play Price as the starter no matter what, which we should be thankful for, even if it was the right move.)

Thing is, I think this thread is justified cuz there WILL be some idiots who do it even though he coached possibly the best international hockey tournament/team ever. I still say PK is better than some of the ones who were in, but i stopped caring once it was clear he wasn't gonna play -- and it worked out jusssst fine.

Those "idiots" are paying for whatever spectacle we are getting and technically paying for Babcock's salary. And allowing some of us couch potatoes not to have watch games on pay per view, instead of just channel surfing.

I agree that Babcock shouldn't be booed, but the point is, you can't tell a fan how to behave. I'd have more empathy if these fans were planning on booing a minor league volunteer coach or a minor league underage player who might be scarred indelibly.

Babcock has been through many wars, it's not as if he's delusional about everyone loving him, nor is he naive enough to think that all of Subban's fans will take to him nicely. No more, no less than Steve Yzerman may face the hatred down the road, that may be dispensed by MSL fans.

Fan reactions, whether logical or not, is what adds to the culture of pro sports -- asking anyone to curb their reaction to what they perceive as an injustice, is not going to register anyway, so this is really a pointless thread.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Then somebody will start the thread on the main board where kids of all ages and places will have the greatest fun bashing us again. But hey, at least we serve that purpose. Reuniting fans from every city in a one and simple goal, hating the Habs and their fans! Yeah! :yo:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
There are two types of people who will boo Babcock. Those that hate Canada (for obvious reasons), and those that love Subban more than Canada.

Also, Babcock was set on Price, it'd be a whole different story if Babacock had benched Price too, lost the Gold, then I could see the justification, but after riding Price and winning Gold, to boo is to be mindless.

I don't even care for Babcock, and was not impressed after watching 24/7, and found him to be overrated as a coach. However, at the end of the day, he did win Gold, and nobody can boo him for that.

Third type: Concordia, UQUAM, UdM fans!

I'm interested in what you said about 24/7 - I couldn't get myself to watch it. Anyway to get a copy that contains no leafs content? I might have uncontrollable nausea if I see it in its original form.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Baaaab-cooock, Baaaab-cooock. I hope the crowd chants this.

:laugh: That would be funny.

After PK scores his 4th goal of the game he will do this to Babcock:

217294_10150547605785602_1367904_n.jpg

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
No one's gonna boo Babcock, this thread makes no sense and is kinda shameful when anyone outside this board will read it.

Please, new posters! Don't feel the need to post a new thread!

workedforme

Oct 20, 2006
Hope he gets boo'd out of the stadium, I didn't like the way he coached the entire tournament but they the team won so what can ya say, still wanna see him boo'd hard

You didn't like the way he coached Canada to gold so you want him boo'd? If you're looking for the people who give a fanbase a bad name folks, start with this guy.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Normally I would think Babcock would get a nice standing ovation.. but this is Montreal... so chances of that happening are slim..

There will be some morons who will boo.. mostly because their whiners and didn't get to see Subban play a regular shift. Looking at how our defense faired, I could care less about that decision. If our defense was poor and he still continued to bench Subban, I could see the boos being justified. He coached Team Canada flawlessly and deserves to atleast not get booed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad