Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think it possible that the PLD we get isn't as good defensivly as his reputation suggests (but still an upgrade) but is significantly more offensive than he has shown. Tortorella coaches a very defensive game that trades a lot of offense for defense.

Given the way Po'Mo' handles our offense...

PLD is big bodied, powerful, great along the boards, good hands, good back hand and forehand wrister, has speed, forechecks/pushes the play...

And he has a don't mess with me, stick to business way in which he plays... doesn't take shit...

The offensive supporting crew of the Jets should feed off him well...

:popcorn:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Welcome PLD! Love to see the Scheif and PLD 1/2 punch for years. I've already posted in the other thread that hopefully the Jets can get a RHD and a winger (and save space for PLD) in the offseason.

But for this season, the Jets could even add a good winger at the TD and then move Stastny back to C and really have some depth.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I like PLD, but hasn't
looked good this season!

Also, poor kid, he is going to have to perform fast!
I still don't like the trade...

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Even if you want to say Columbus emerged from this trade with the “better player” - which I would strongly disagree with - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Winnipeg emerged with the “better team.”

Scheifele and PLD are a deadly 1-2 punch. One of if not the best in the league.
Yeah, but don’t try to even suggest the Jets have great depth at centre now, or you’ll really upset Leafs fans who will then proceed to piss all over the city of Winnipeg.

Reactions: RabidOne and hn777

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Even if you want to say Columbus emerged from this trade with the “better player” - which I would strongly disagree with - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Winnipeg emerged with the “better team.”

Scheifele and PLD are a deadly 1-2 punch. One of if not the best in the league.

"Best in the league"

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Top 10..sure.... 5 maybe. but even then.....Dubois needs to explode like a phoenix for us to make that kind of boast. There's these kids named McDavid and Draisitle....Crosby Malkin.....

This trade is a win ONLY if PLD becomes a TOP 15C

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
28 or 29 is available ..... :sarcasm:
I noticed his dad used to wear number 18 in the QMJHL. Obviously they’re pretty close.

His dad also whore number 2, but thats taken.

It’s a stupid thing to comment about, but I am genuinely curious if Bryan Little gives up 18?

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
Fun facts: Dubois grew up riding his grandfather's Harley Davidson motorcycles, and said he wants to get his own. He has a tattoo honoring that grandfather on one inner forearm, and the birth dates of his mother, father and sister etched in Roman numerals on the other. He taught himself to juggle this past season. He hates spiders.

Maybe he chooses #70 to honour his dads birth year. Who knows!?

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
upload_2021-1-23_15-13-10.png

This is how I feel about PLD right now.

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
This guy is a premium number one center in the NHL for sure. I think only a guy living in a cave the last few years will think otherwise. However, after his lackadaisical performance in the game against the Lightning I'm concerned about his character. Is he gonna pull that stunt again if he is not happy playing for a coach that the Jets hire or not liking his team environment?

I think we certainly got an elite center but I think we didn't get enough in return in this trade.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The very tiny silver lining is now we can have two really good top-6 lines (although magically we don't have any wingers anymore).

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
All interviews I've heard today from talking heads not associated with either team, all seem to really like the deal for the Jets.
I’m LOVING the outrage from offended Leaf fans with any suggestion the Jets have a great 1-2 punch at centre.
“Blah blah blah Tarvares Blah blah blah Matthews blah blah Winnipeg is the shittiest city on the planet..”

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I noticed his dad used to wear number 18 in the QMJHL. Obviously they’re pretty close.

His dad also whore number 2, but thats taken.

It’s a stupid thing to comment about, but I am genuinely curious if Bryan Little gives up 18?

thats up to Bryan Little .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad