Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Take a look at the trade rumours board for some good unbiased opinions on the trade. The majority of people seem to think Winnipeg got better today.

This by getting rid of two players who were never going to sign here long term anyway. I’m really excited for Dubois to join the team. He adds grit and two-way ability to the top six, while having a lot of skill as well.

Speed too. Kid can put on the burners. What he did to the Leafs in last years playoffs is a testament to that.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Is 18 his number? I wonder how that looks with little still technically not retired, although not likely to return.

Reactions: Jet

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'm happy we got Dubois. Probably the only Laine trade proposal I've seen that wasn't going to piss me off. Obviously, something went very wrong in Columbus, and we may never know what that was. Expecting every 22 year old to be able to just shrug it off and play hard and be patient waiting for a trade may not be a realistic expectation. And honestly, that supposed zero effort shift didn't look any worse than some of the shifts Laine has had in the past that got him roasted on this board.

Dubois is a big talented centre with 1C potential. How about we just hope for the best at this point?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm happy we got Dubois. Probably the only Laine trade proposal I've seen that wasn't going to piss me off. Obviously, something went very wrong in Columbus, and we may never know what that was. Expecting every 22 year old to be able to just shrug it off and play hard and be patient waiting for a trade may not be a realistic expectation. And honestly, that supposed zero effort shift didn't look any worse than some of the shifts Laine has had in the past that got him roasted on this board.

Dubois is a big talented centre with 1C potential. How about we just hope for the best at this point?

Yeah it was literally one shift where he made a questionable play along the boards after being roasted by his coach in the media. I'm not holding that against him, especially given what he's done for CBJ so far. He was among their best players in last years playoffs. The effort is obviously there. The fact that he's excited about playing for Maurice just shows that the relationship between him and torts was dead.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't even know what teams are doing right now. But we might not see Dubois in action for two weeks, unless a loophole is made. But I expect him to head straight to Winnipeg to stay with his dad. Which honestly I believe he blows up when he debuts with us.

Reactions: sipowicz

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
The two major differences that are obvious to me are his two-way play and his quickness. He is much lighter on his feet than Laine.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The two major differences that are obvious to me are his two-way play and his quickness. He is much lighter on his feet than Laine.

Yup and his grit and peat type play at times will be fun to watch with his scoring and play driving

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Wondering what his number will be, or if Little being on the LTIR he lets him wear 18.

I also question this trade in terms of Mark Chipman's connections, as his father Eric is in the Jets organization as an assistant coach for the Manitoba Moose. Chipman tends to only build off connections.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Welcome PLD. Team wanted a 2C for the longest time and Chevy went and got the team a 1B, and folks are upset at the return. What did you expect to give up for a 2C/1B? The Jets are going to be very hard to play against up the middle and that is awesome.

He instantly changes the face of the Jets and I think he will absolutely blossom here. I liked Laine but in order to fill the gap we had to give up a good asset. So be it, that is business. Now lets play hockey.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m sure with his dad on staff they know if he’s interested.
This kid will surprise people. He’s an excellent centre that drives play. Great player who’s 6’3 and 22 years old. Can’t wait.
Yeah, I’m hoping he’s turned a corner. Right now, his career high of 61 points while being meh defensively is very concerning. But I believe since about last January he’s been playing on another level similar to when Scheifele broke out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00