Speculation: PLD Megathread - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
Pld is so overrated. This guy will be a 60 point guy at this best probably 50 ponts guy on average. He is a 2nd line center not first. We need a legit 1 liner.​

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
that's pretty good!

only positive/incentive for Dubois is his dad is an assistant coach for the AHL team in Winnipeg.
I feel like people are missing the whole "his dad is here" thing. It's not saying "he's here, so PLD will want to come here" it's "his dad works in the organization, so obviously Winnipeg will have done its due diligence and communicated with him about PLD and Winnipeg and whether it seems like a good fit or not". If there was any sign of doubt Winnipeg wouldn't table an offer.

Reactions: Keystone

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Does anybody else think a trade for PLD doesn't happen unless a decent centre is coming back?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
If the Fourth Period rumor of KK + Caufield + a roster player is true I think Columbus would take that. If they're insistent on a centre coming back that's a hell of a package.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Rumors he's going to Winnipeg ? If the jets can somehow make this happen without giving up Laine, WOW. Scheifele/PLD up the middle is going to be a nightmare. Big body guys, PLD looks like the second coming of Scheifele as it is.

Nov 24, 2006
If the Jets do trade Laine, it makes little sense to also trade Roslovic. He would likely become the #2 right wing if Laine leaves.

wonder if they would trade Andrew Copp (C) with Laine.

Reactions: Jets88

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It's not impossible, but yeah, that's going to be the primary target.

Who would Columbus have as their centres long term if they don't get one in a trade for Dubois? Domi and Texier? ( I keep on having to change the name back to Texier as autocorrect always wants to change it to Sexier instead lol)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Right, but having that kind of depth also makes it easier to find soft spots and get it preferable matchups. In Columbus Laine is instantly THE biggest threat that teams will focus on shutting down. And he doesn’t really seem like a guy whose going to play 10 years in Ohio.

Actually it helped the Jets powerplay a ton. When opponents try to shut Laine out, it opens more space for the other players on the PP as Jones/Werenski.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If the Jets do trade Laine, it makes little sense to also trade Roslovic. He would likely become the #2 right wing if Laine leaves.

Unless part of the return with PLD includes a RW

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Roslovic hasn't signed a contract and has asked for a trade. I'd much rather keep Copp at this point.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
It's an indicator of how Kekalainen normally does with these things - Vinny's pointing to a 3-0 scoreboard, and the same applies here.

It's been a couple days and we have some new folks, so I guess I should post this again:

YOUR PERIODIC REMINDER: Per HF groupthink, Ryan Johansen wasn't going to get us a #1D, Brandon Saad wasn't going to get us a top-line winger, and Josh Anderson wasn't going to get us a #2C. Please keep this in mind when discussing things related to PLD.
If only there was a way to stickie this the the post box so every time someone got ready to hit post they would need to read it first :D

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad