Speculation: PLD Megathread - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
CLB is bluffing with Laine, trying to get other teams involved to upgrade offers. My theory.
So, Columbus got Winnipeg to put Laine in a PLD offer, to get other teams to boost their offers?
How nice of Winnipeg to help Columbus out.:rolleyes:

Reactions: cslebn

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You tell em!:laugh:

Poor @Viqsi aren't you so glad all these fans are around to educate you :D
Golly gosh, they're all just so generous with their time and so patient with us poor dimwitted small-market fans who couldn't ever possibly know anything about hockey and the NHL and trade markets. Really, it's a testament to the character of this sport's fans.

Insincere? What are you talking about? That last sentence in particular was the most sincere thing I've said all day.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
CBJ doesnt have Wheeler/Scheifele who tells the coach what to do and Laine would be the go-to winger on the team instantly. On Winnipeg there is also Connor, Wheeler and Ehlers.

Right, but having that kind of depth also makes it easier to find soft spots and get it preferable matchups. In Columbus Laine is instantly THE biggest threat that teams will focus on shutting down. And he doesn’t really seem like a guy whose going to play 10 years in Ohio.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What is the Blue Jackets expansion protection list forecasted to look like? Are they able to take back multiple forwards in need of protection, without bumping a key piece off the list?

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Jesus, this is stressful. Please Winnipeg just f***ing pull the trade alteady so it can be over with.
What will the jets do though? Guess wheeler would have to move to the wing? Cant have scheifele wheeler dubois down three lines

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
You will regret it if you take Laine over KK and Caufield. I mean, sure, Laine is the much better Fortnite player, but both KK and Caufield could end up being superstars.

Sure but neither are trending remotely in that direction. Laine is a 40 goal scorer. Nothing speculative about that. It's reality.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Of9ixXY.gif

What does that even mean? Are we in a game day thread?

Since you like pointing at stuff, here's something:

NHL Hockey Standings

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I dunno, if I am Columbus and you can get Sam Steel and Jacob Perreault and maybe even a draft pick, I don't hate it.

Steel has some solid potential. A poor year last year, but he can bounce back. Perreault is a tremendous prospect as well. Would probably develop well in that Columbus system too.

Laine is obviously the best player. However, I don't imagine Laine will be wanting to stay long term in Columbus either, nor do I think he will be a fit with Torts.

I don't doubt Jarmo would love Laine, but if he goes that route, he is pretty much committing to getting a new coach.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What does that even mean? Are we in a game day thread?

Since you like pointing at stuff, here's something:

NHL Hockey Standings
It's an indicator of how Kekalainen normally does with these things - Vinny's pointing to a 3-0 scoreboard, and the same applies here.

It's been a couple days and we have some new folks, so I guess I should post this again:

YOUR PERIODIC REMINDER: Per HF groupthink, Ryan Johansen wasn't going to get us a #1D, Brandon Saad wasn't going to get us a top-line winger, and Josh Anderson wasn't going to get us a #2C. Please keep this in mind when discussing things related to PLD.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I dunno, if I am Columbus and you can get Sam Steel and Jacob Perreault and maybe even a draft pick, I don't hate it.

Steel has some solid potential. A poor year last year, but he can bounce back. Perreault is a tremendous prospect as well. Would probably develop well in that Columbus system too.

Laine is obviously the best player. However, I don't imagine Laine will be wanting to stay long term in Columbus either, nor do I think he will be a fit with Torts.

I don't doubt Jarmo would love Laine, but if he goes that route, he is pretty much committing to getting a new coach.
If I'm Jarmo, I think I'm pushing for Henrique, one of the 2 kids, and a 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad