Speculation: PLD Megathread - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
What will the jets do though? Guess wheeler would have to move to the wing? Cant have scheifele wheeler dubois down three lines

Wheeler has been back on Scheifele's wing this season. No need for him to play C since Stastny came back. If the trade is based around Laine/PLD then the Jets would be very strong down the middle (Scheifele/PLD/Stastny/Lowry) but would only have 3 clear top 6 wingers (Wheeler/Connor/Ehlers) so they might move somebody over.

Personally, I hope the Jets don't make this move. PLD is an excellent young player but it would hurt to lose Laine.

Reactions: Jets88

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Who would Columbus have as their centres long term if they don't get one in a trade for Dubois? Domi and Texier? ( I keep on having to change the name back to Texier as autocorrect always wants to change it to Sexier instead lol)
Essentially, yes. And Foudy, if he makes the transition (right now he's playing wing).

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Lol ya but
PLD
Schiefele
Stastny
Lowry
Perfetti
....and the rest. It's still a ton of C
Harkins, Appleton, Copp. That's perfectly fine, much easier for a center to play wing than it is for a wing to play center. You can never have too many centers.

Reactions: Channelcat

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Rumors he's going to Winnipeg ? If the jets can somehow make this happen without giving up Laine, WOW. Scheifele/PLD up the middle is going to be a nightmare. Big body guys, PLD looks like the second coming of Scheifele as it is.

How can WPG make it work without giving up Laine? Kyle Connor? No one has really mentioned him. It is not going to happen if WPG is taking Laine, Connor, and Perfetti off of the table.

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
I feel like people are missing the whole "his dad is here" thing. It's not saying "he's here, so PLD will want to come here" it's "his dad works in the organization, so obviously Winnipeg will have done its due diligence and communicated with him about PLD and Winnipeg and whether it seems like a good fit or not". If there was any sign of doubt Winnipeg wouldn't table an offer.
I agree to the extent that they will have insight, however, have you ever heard a father talk poorly about his son? lol - There might be some bias there, however, he may be able to provide some insight into weather PLD would be willing to stay long term. Winning is a sure cure for that.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I assume it's been mentioned, but Winnipeg has to be thinking about the 14 day quarantine PLD would be in. That's 6 games (more than 10% of the season), not including tonight's, if the deal happened today. Best case would be Feb 9th vs Calgary for his first game.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Pld is so overrated. This guy will be a 60 point guy at this best probably 50 ponts guy on average. He is a 2nd line center not first. We need a legit 1 liner.​

It's true that people do overestimate his offensive potential but it's his combination of skill and size that makes him attractive. Even at around 60 points, a power forward like that is extremely valuable.

Providing he isn't moaning and floating around like a spoiled brat, of course.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I’m sure this trade has been proposed
Laine+ Roslovic for Savard+PLD

Winnipeg improves D and gets good young center; Columbus gets a hometown boy to play at 2C and their star Laine.
This is probably as good as it gets for the Jackets. No other team will come close to matching this offer. Way to go Jets and thank you ...A Hab fan.

Reactions: violaswallet

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I assume it's been mentioned, but Winnipeg has to be thinking about the 14 day quarantine PLD would be in. That's 6 games (more than 10% of the season), not including tonight's, if the deal happened today. Best case would be Feb 9th vs Calgary for his first game.
The rumored trade includes Laine, who currently isn't playing, and Roslovic who I can only assume is currently trolling around online complaining about Winnipeg, so that wouldn't affect us THAT much. But it's certainly something to keep in mind.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It's an issue. But I'm feeling like most teams aren't taking this season very seriously anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad